2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
No matter who wins I just hope there are extended, mostly peaceful, protests. The longer the better. ;)
Even in California, I've started to see "war wagons" of aggro looking Trump supporters driving around Los Angeles with their Trump on Mt. Rushmore flags looking for trouble. We are still in the middle of a pandemic, we are seeing armed "militia" with semi-automatic (probably some modded fully automatic weapons) for Trump patrolling polling stations for the first time, plots to kidnap some governors, and some LE organizations misguidedly endorsing the buffoon in the WH. And you're posting about getting overtime? FFS, man have some class and do your damn job to "protect and serve" - if indeed that concept even exists with police in America anymore (after the last year I am dubious it does sadly - no wonder some of the decent older LE I knew took early retirements and got the hell out).

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Its a partisan Dem leaning poll, so probably an outlier.
Pod Save America quoted a similar result from internal Jones polling as well. I don't think that Jones is going to actually win, but that it's going to actually be close should speak volumes. Roy fecking Moore was actually more qualified (minus the pedo and insane politics of course). If you need proof check out his answer when asked his thought on the VRA:

"You know, the thing about the Voting Rights Act it's, you know ― there's a lot of different things you can look at it as, you know, who's it going to help? What direction do we need to go with it? I think it's important that everything we do we keep secure. We keep an eye on it. It's run by our government. And it's run to the, to the point that we, it's got structure to it. It's like education. I mean, it's got to have structure. Now for some reason, we look at things to change, to think we're gonna make it better, but we better do a lot of work on it before we make a change."

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Pod Save America quoted a similar result from internal Jones polling as well. I don't think that Jones is going to actually win, but that it's going to actually be close should speak volumes. Roy fecking Moore was actually more qualified (minus the pedo and insane politics of course). If you need proof check out his answer when asked his thought on the VRA:
It may not be enough for Jones to win but it seems Bama voting is going to be up this year.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
This is Tuberville, right?

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
Even in California, I've started to see "war wagons" of aggro looking Trump supporters driving around Los Angeles with their Trump on Mt. Rushmore flags looking for trouble. We are still in the middle of a pandemic, we are seeing armed "militia" with semi-automatic (probably some modded fully automatic weapons) for Trump patrolling polling stations for the first time, plots to kidnap some governors, and some LE organizations misguidedly endorsing the buffoon in the WH. And you're posting about getting overtime? FFS, man have some class and do your damn job to "protect and serve" - if indeed that concept even exists with police in America anymore (after the last year I am dubious it does sadly - no wonder some of the decent older LE I knew took early retirements and got the hell out).
Who says i can’t, or haven’t been doing, both?
Yup, retirements have been rising and will continue to so, but for different reasons. Too early for me anyway.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Who says i can’t, or haven’t been doing, both?
Yup, retirements have been rising and will continue to so, but for different reasons. Too early for me anyway.
Based on what I have seen you post over the years I have no doubt (well , as best one can tell from anonymous posting on a football forum) you have been doing the latter. I don't begrudge you overtime, just the fact that it is even needed. It is a visible symptom of a disease that is ravaging the country. Every election I have ever been to has had one officer present to help with traffic flow, while this year we will need more to ensure some militia asshole doesn't shoot us. I would hope you would prefer no OT if it meant that fellow citizens didn't have to vote in fear and/or require your protection.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
Based on what I have seen you post over the years I have no doubt (well , as best one can tell from anonymous posting on a football forum) you have been doing the latter. I don't begrudge you overtime, just the fact that it is even needed. It is a visible symptom of a disease that is ravaging the country. Every election I have ever been to has had one officer present to help with traffic flow, while this year we will need more to ensure some militia asshole doesn't shoot us. I would hope you would prefer no OT if it meant that fellow citizens didn't have to vote in fear and/or require your protection.
Goes without saying. It really is unprecedented times and i just try to keep emotions out of it. The OT comment was tongue in cheek but I admittedly didn’t read the room right.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Goes without saying. It really is unprecedented times and i just try to keep emotions out of it. The OT comment was tongue in cheek but I admittedly didn’t read the room right.
You're in the 2020 Elections thread my friend, the mood is ALWAYS panic/fear/anger/distress. :lol:

As an aside, if I remember correctly you are CHP, right? I grew up in SoCal and was wondering if you are based down there.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
You're in the 2020 Elections thread my friend, the mood is ALWAYS panic/fear/anger/distress. :lol:

As an aside, if I remember correctly you are CHP, right? I grew up in SoCal and was wondering if you are based down there.
No that’s skizzo. I won’t say my department for privacy reasons, but I am in socal.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I read an article that Republicans in Pennsylvania have been saying that they might have PA Congress decide on the electoral college if they feel the election in the state has been too fraudulent or if results stay unclear for too long. Apparently, they have a constitutional right to do so and it's possible because the Reps have the double majority. What do people on here think is the actual chance this will happen in PA or elsewhere?

Crazy, btw, that for a long time now Reps have been the main culprits of voter suppression and gerrymandering, and now they're also the ones accusing the Dems of election fraud. What do the Dems ever respond to all that? I don't see much of that - but maybe that's my news filter. (Complaining isn't as newsworthy.)

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Would be amazing if this happens. Love Jones for essentially not giving a crap on voting strategically and pretending that he is a senator of a deep blue state.
Jones will be part of Biden's cabinet if he wins so I think his voting record had half an eye on that, but as you said, fair play to him.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I can just imagine the mental anguish GOP voting Bama fans are feeling leading up to this election.
Alabama still has (or did in 2018) the check box for straight party voting, so hey won't have to actually check the box for the ex Auburn coach.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
“Dear Paul Bear Bryant, Roll Tide, please forgive me for this...”
You bring up an interesting question. If a Bama fan had to pick between Jesus, the Bear, Trump, or the inventor of the AR-15 to have dinner with, who would they pick? My vote is actually for their sister/wife.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
You bring up an interesting question. If a Bama fan had to pick between Jesus, the Bear, Trump, or the inventor of the AR-15 to have dinner with, who would they pick? My vote is actually for their sister/wife.
What a conundrum for that particular person, they would be paralyzed by having to make such a choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.