2021 American Civil War

b82REZ

Lifelong Democrat.

He & his advisors realized his faux populist message resonated best with the mental deficients on the right. And they were spot on unfortunately.
Didn't Trump do an interview in the 90s where he stated were he ever run for office he'd run as a Republican as their followers are easy to rile up.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Stick to licking boots when they are killing the right people for you.

She didn't have the right to be there but she should not have been shot either. I don't support her message but she shouldn't be killed. That's the point.
At that point if she made it through the door and they tried to arrest her, 100's more would follow her through the window and they'd be overrun.

Those cops would then probably be murdered, as well as whoever else was behind that barricade.

At that stage they were already putting their lives at risk, she was clearly rabid and mentally unstable. It's very sad that she got shot and died but at that point you can see the rest of the crowd suddenly think "holy crap this is actually real, we might actually get hurt" and end up backing away.

They did the right thing IMO, this was far beyond a friendly protest.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Wow, this really has been the radicalisation of the American people. Not hard to understand why the likes of ISIS can succeed in doing so when you see this in a country like the US.
Lack of education, squalor, propaganda and a dose of religious indoctrination is a potent mix.

I honestly think this is going to get quite a bit worse before it gets better

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Didn't Trump do an interview in the 90s where he stated were he ever run for office he'd run as a Republican as their followers are easy to rile up.
Yep.

Like Maya Angelou said, believe them when they show you who they are.

arnie_ni

I don’t agree with this at all. What this boils down to is that America has reached peak capitalism which is as flawed as peak communism. An oligarchy has emerged where billionaires not only own the politicians but also the media. The politicians keep the money flowing upwards and ensure the wealth is concentrated in an ever decreasing circle and the number of people outside that circle that are living in poverty is growing exponentially. This naturally results in a lot of anger, anger which the media have become very effective channelling not towards the real perpetrators but towards marginal groups and straw men, immigrants, Antifa, hollywood elites, Muslims, Soros ect ect. People who are painted to be enemies of America and against American exceptionalism. This brand of “patriotism“ is painted as somehow virtuous.

All of that before you even get on to religion and how that’s being used to radicalise rural and suburban America right now.
Brilliant post and i agree entirely. I think similar is happening here

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Lack of education, squalor, propaganda and a dose of religious indoctrination is a potent mix.

I honestly think this is going to get quite a bit worse before it gets better
This deceased rioter will wrongly be eulogized & martyrized by the right in the same vein as Heather Heyer.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Don’t think there’s a nation on this earth that wouldn’t deploy similar force if armed terrorists were actively occupying their physical institutions of power in their respective countries.
Yes. Probably a lot more actually. To think there was just one shot fired, and (apparently) at the last line of defense, sounds kind of ridiculous, given the building of parliament was stormed by an armed mob, fuelled by hate. Especially considering how violent America usually is. I Imagine that at least some countries would adopt an "our parliament is sacred ground" stance and start shooting people who force themselves through the front door.

arnie_ni

Agree again. If they had full blown security the whole thing could have got massively out hand.
My theory on this is that feet on the floor was left intentionally light and was probably a selection of Trump sycophants who knew what was coming. It was only when the security were deployed by external actors the force increased.

Remember that it was one of the most critical days in the American democracy calendar with all of congress present yet somehow they didn't have enough police present and intelligence somehow missed thousands of angry rednecks organising a protest?

The whole thing was by design, it might sound like a conspiracy but it’s Occam‘s razor. I’d love for someone to come up with a better explanation as to why they were so understaffed, underprepared, so slow to react and so accommodating when there was so much at stake.

Could you imagine the Houses of Parliament being over run like that?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I don’t agree with this at all. What this boils down to is that America has reached peak capitalism which is as flawed as peak communism. An oligarchy has emerged where billionaires not only own the politicians but also the media. The politicians keep the money flowing upwards and ensure the wealth is concentrated in an ever decreasing circle and the number of people outside that circle that are living in poverty is growing exponentially. This naturally results in a lot of anger, anger which the media have become very effective channelling not towards the real perpetrators but towards marginal groups and straw men, immigrants, Antifa, hollywood elites, Muslims, Soros ect ect. People who are painted to be enemies of America and against American exceptionalism. This brand of “patriotism“ is painted as somehow virtuous.

All of that before you even get on to religion and how that’s being used to radicalise rural and suburban America right now.
While the current mental deficiency on the right does have something to do with Obama, you are also correct in accurately portraying the current state of play in this country.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
"she was a lovely happy child, who had a wonderful childhood"
Ha

I wonder if a photo of a young Osama Bin Laden posing outside the clock end of the Highbury stadium would have the same effect.
Remember the Boston Marathon bombing? Everyone lost their shit when this cover was released of one of the bombers:

But when you're white? Humanize away

Classical Mechanic

Mick Mulvaney on BBC Radio Ulster just now..

It's hardly surprising. Priti Patel is condemming him. He's incited a mob to attack the heart of America's democratic institutions. Every state in the west will be concerned about such events inspiring similar their own patch. Trump has made himself a total pariah with these actions.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
Has there been a statement of law enforcement that all of those people will be arrested and prosecuted? They were all happily filming eachother so shouldn’t be that hard.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
While the current mental deficiency on the right does have something to do with Obama, you are also correct in accurately portraying the current state of play in this country.
Not just the US. It’s the same in Europe. Not as bad, yet, but it’s getting there.
Q-Anon for example is incredibly popular in Germany, but not being taken serious at all.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Yes. Probably a lot more actually. To think there was just one shot fired, and (apparently) at the last line of defense, sounds kind of ridiculous, given the building of parliament was stormed by an armed mob, fuelled by hate. Especially considering how violent America usually is.
I would posit that every government has military or police forces specifically trained to protect politicians & physical political institutions of power. Asian countries have such entities & policies, liberal countries have such entities & policies, conservative countries have such entities & policies. At the very least it’s big business, more appropriately it is force projection & protection.

There’s undoubtedly examples of what happened yesterday in the history of virtually every country on this planet.

The fact that it was apparently so take here yesterday has more to do with the ineptitude & poor planning by the Capitol Police, potential degradation of said police through the administration’s whims (thinking USPS here), & the obvious racist / supremest attitudes of every on ground LEO organizations in this country.

Classical Mechanic

Ha

Remember the Boston Marathon bombing? Everyone lost their shit when this cover was released of one of the bombers:

I think the big issue about the Rolling Stone article was that it was glamourising him by putting him in spot reserved for rockstars. It goes a long way beyond humanising him and lets face it, they put him on the cover because he is good looking with great hair. It's pretty off, no?

MTF

Has there been a statement of law enforcement that all of those people will be arrested and prosecuted? They were all happily filming eachother so shouldn’t be that hard.
There's been a few statements to that effect from congresspeople, and I imagine they can direct Capitol Police to initiate the efforts even if no other federal law enforcement agency wanted to. But also the FBI has stated that they are seeking any additional info on the people involved:

Of course, they barely need the tips. All the footage available online + phone data should be enough for them to identify hundreds. Basically there's been no definitive one statement of a US Attorney or the like to say that they're going in on this with 100% effort, but its still early.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Sorry, it just tickled me that America still thinks it's the greatest or oldest of anything; I didn't intend to belittle the severity of the ongoing situation.
More a shout to others than specifically to you.

Pedants in here will get caught up & sandy vag over vernacular as opposed to realizing or discussing broader issues.

I totally agree about my country’s faux ‘exceptionalism,’ by the way!

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
There's been a few statements to that effect from congresspeople, and I imagine they can direct Capitol Police to initiate the efforts even if no other federal law enforcement agency wanted to. But also the FBI has stated that they are seeking any additional info on the people involved:

Of course, they barely need the tips. All the footage available online + phone data should be enough for them to identify hundreds. Basically there's been no definitive one statement of a US Attorney or the like to say that they're going in on this with 100% effort, but its still early.
Stated yesterday that the inevitable rehire of new DOJ worker bee lawyers in the coming months will go a long way to prosecuting those involved in yesterday.

Over then next two weeks, we could hear crickets however.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven

Thanks. These people need to be arrested and prosecuted ASAP. Every single one of them.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Stick to licking boots when they are killing the right people for you.

She didn't have the right to be there but she should not have been shot either. I don't support her message but she shouldn't be killed. That's the point.
What a joke
Ah yes detain them one by one as they politely come through the window. I see. Where do those guards keep the giant bucket of handcuffs then?
:lol:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Ha

Surely the existence of that article undermines the point you and @Kaos are making? That Western media wouldn’t attempt to humanise jihadists?

Goes without saying that a lot of people would lose their shit if this dead woman ends up on the cover of Rolling Stone.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
In France they most likely would have been beaten down in front of parliament for hours and then be prosecuted immediately. If some of them managed to get that far, they would have been shot in similar circumstances.
The man has never seen how France's police handle protesters. They clobber everyone in sight.

MTF

Thanks. These people need to be arrested and prosecuted ASAP. Every single one of them.
Absolutely. I don't think there's a federal judge in the country that would let them off with light sentences if these cases are indeed brought before them. I hope my perception is right, and more importantly that the DOJ prosecute this with vigor.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
More than I expected tbh.
The Capitol Police exist in a vacuum of transparency. You can’t even file a FOIA request for information about their activities.

But, from the looks of of it, very little to absolutely none of these arrests were by the Capitol Police inside the building itself.

Dr. StrangeHate

Even if he did... if you let one woman enter that room does he think everybody else is just gonna stand back whilst you arrest her because more likely than not you suddenly have a hundred people in there and who or whatever the officer has been told and trained to defend using deadly force if necessary is suddenly in a lot more danger
Couldn't they have used rubber bullets or a taser first?

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I think the big issue about the Rolling Stone article was that it was glamourising him by putting him in spot reserved for rockstars. It goes a long way beyond humanising him and lets face it, they put him on the cover because he is good looking with great hair. It's pretty off, no?
Absolutely I agree it was off. The problem is that media often does this bullshit when the perpetrator is white, and they do the correct thing when the perpetrator is black or middle eastern

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Any details on the other three deaths? I just keep seeing 'medical emergencies'.

Dr. StrangeHate

To play Devils advocate, they had barricaded the doors inside a Government building against a crowd that could possibly be armed and had guns directed at them and no doubt ordered them to stand down to no avail. We don't know how deep they were into the building except that it was a tight corridor, if this was the last line of defence and they were defending civilians/officials then they have no option.

The real crime was allowing them into the building in the first place, they should have been detained outside the building like every other normal human being would have.
Rubber bullets, tasers, sprays, etc. I don't know the full situation but going straight for the deadliest option.

Smores

At that point if she made it through the door and they tried to arrest her, 100's more would follow her through the window and they'd be overrun.

Those cops would then probably be murdered, as well as whoever else was behind that barricade.

At that stage they were already putting their lives at risk, she was clearly rabid and mentally unstable. It's very sad that she got shot and died but at that point you can see the rest of the crowd suddenly think "holy crap this is actually real, we might actually get hurt" and end up backing away.

They did the right thing IMO, this was far beyond a friendly protest.
I can't decide if this post is satire or not :lol:

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
The problem is that media often does this bullshit when the perpetrator is white
Examples?

Also Boston bombers were from the Caucasus, they not white?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Can being shot be categorised as Natural Selection. . .
She was unhinged. Sad how someone has been indoctrinated this badly. This is radicalisation. You can't tell me someone with this much anger is not a step away from picking up a gun and shooting a politician.
Who here thinks and attempt on Biden's life is inevitable? I think it is.
Everyone from Turtle to Biden to AOC should have maximum security.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Any details on the other three deaths? I just keep seeing 'medical emergencies'.
I think one allegedly tasered himself deliberately. Not sure what end was intended but he had a heart attack.