2021 American Civil War

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Repubs can just kick him out of their party. It's up to them to clean up their own mess.
And lose ~40% of their support? The great thing is that the cancer has spread through a huge portion of the party and attempting to just cut it off will leave them seriously depleted.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
And lose ~40% of their support? The great thing is that the cancer has spread through a huge portion of the party and attempting to just cut it off will leave them seriously depleted.

So why would they impeach him then? Same outcome.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
As long as he maintains an ability to communicate to his audience (ie...the pundits on Fox, talk radio, and social media), he will remain in control of the R party since all R politicians won't want to draw the ire of his tweets. If on the other hand those communication channels go away, then he's incredibly vulnerable to becoming irrelevant.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
As long as he maintains an ability to communicate to his audience (ie...the pundits on Fox, talk radio, and social media), he will remain in control of the R party since all R politicians won't want to draw the ire of his tweets. If on the other hand those communication channels go away, then he's incredibly vulnerable to becoming irrelevant.

Which is why the deal will be that Pence will give you a pardon if you feck off quietly.

Siorac

Impeachment or invoking the 25th is a terrible idea. Just when all these loons have started to fracture and destroy each other it would only unite them against the libs and give them something else to blame other than themselves.
It'd be pretty hard to pin the blame for invoking the 25th on the 'libs', as only Pence and Trump's cabinet members can do that. If anything, it would fracture the Republicans and their base even more, which would be beautiful.

Not going to happen though.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Here ya go. Facebook post from one I know (who coincidentally also served in the USAF - same as the dead woman)

Here is a convo I found after searching Facebook for a few minutes:

also @calodo2003 @Raoul - related to your comments from checking pro-Trump forums yesterday.
The narrative they seem to be pushing is "it was antifa pretending to be Trump supporters" :lol:

I guess this guy is just antifa playing the long game:
https://www.rollingstone.com/cultur...-insurrection-riot-conspiracy-theory-1110622/

and this guy:
https://www.businessinsider.com/photo-trump-supporter-riot-confederate-flag-us-capitol-2021-1

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
It'd be pretty hard to pin the blame for invoking the 25th on the 'libs', as only Pence and Trump's cabinet members can do that. If anything, it would fracture the Republicans and their base even more, which would be beautiful.

Not going to happen though.

They'd find a way. Probably say that Mitch and co are deepstate lib actors.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Yeah my mate has a Facebook group with 1.2k members and all have lost money backing Trump at Betfair. I was invited and can read their comments but they are total loons and say it is part of his master plan to drain the swamp. Anyone who speaks up and says they have been lied to by Trump are instantly muted. They are all following some dude (Simon Parkes) on YouTube who explains it all apparently :lol:
Good luck to them in "draining the swamp" when they have just lost the Presidency, the Senate and now - following the attack on the Capitol - a significant chunk of the middle ground/neutral American public.

The "swamp" has just doubled in size, whilst their drainage canals have been reduced to 1" diameter plastic pipes.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
If there is any silver lining to this I am hoping it is the end of the careers of Cruz and Hawley.

Cruz barely (at least for Texas) squeaked by Beto last time. It will be interesting to see what happens in 24 when he is up for reelection and could potentially be going for POTUS. He will likely have to choose one.
Hawley is a hugely ambitious first term senator who will also need to make a choice in 24 as he has also been floating a POTUS run. He will also lose the backing of the state Repub establishment (if Danforth's comments are anything to go by)

I am betting they both go for POTUS and both fail at getting the nomination. Hopefully they stay in long enough that it means they lose their Senate seats as well. Ideally they would both resign( :lol: ) or be expelled by next week, but politics.

Charlie Foley

Impeachment or invoking the 25th is a terrible idea. Just when all these loons have started to fracture and destroy each other it would only unite them against the libs and give them something else to blame other than themselves.

Trump needs to be cucked for the next two weeks and made to endure the humiliation of the inauguration and leaving the WH.
Wouldn’t 25A be pretty fracturing (?) though? His cabinet turning on him ?

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
You have too much faith in independents, dems or people in general.
Not really. The idea the US electorate might elect Trump president again - an older and even more demented Trump - is a complete non-starter. They've seen enough over the last 4 years ... and the mob attack on the Capitol was the vomit-icing on the shit cake they've been eating.

Irwin99

It's amazing really that if Trump had been more competent and less transparently crazy he could probably have overthrown the entire US constitution by now. His base of supporters in terms of sheer size and their mentality means that there is an audience out there to do so. Imagine if he was actually as brilliant as he thinks he is or was as clever or as charming as some of history's great opportunists.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He is vile and utterly self-serving.

But sadly his points, which I'm sure he argues insincerely and others across the divide have pointed out too, there needs to be someone to take on the Trump support base and appease them whilst not being completely disruptive in the process.

It's going to be very difficult to peacefully appease this huge swathe of American voters.
You can't reason with someone who's insane.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
It's amazing really that if Trump had been more competent and less transparently crazy he could probably have overthrown the entire US constitution by now. His base of supporters in terms of sheer size and their mentality means that there is an audience out there to do so. Imagine if he was actually as brilliant as he thinks he is or was as clever or as charming as some of history's great opportunists.
So, basically more Hitler than more Trump.

Fully Fledged

If there is any silver lining to this I am hoping it is the end of the careers of Cruz and Hawley.

Cruz barely (at least for Texas) squeaked by Beto last time. It will be interesting to see what happens in 24 when he is up for reelection and could potentially be going for POTUS. He will likely have to choose one.
Hawley is a hugely ambitious first term senator who will also need to make a choice in 24 as he has also been floating a POTUS run. He will also lose the backing of the state Repub establishment (if Danforth's comments are anything to go by)

I am betting they both go for POTUS and both fail at getting the nomination. Hopefully they stay in long enough that it means they lose their Senate seats as well. Ideally they would both resign( :lol: ) or be expelled by next week, but politics.
The best thing that could happen to the Dems is Cruz running for President in 4 years time he has all the charisma of a septic tank it would be a landslide for who ever was up against him.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Here is a convo I found after searching Facebook for a few minutes:

also @calodo2003 @Raoul - related to your comments from checking pro-Trump forums yesterday.
The narrative they seem to be pushing is "it was antifa pretending to be Trump supporters" :lol:

I guess this guy is just antifa playing the long game:
https://www.rollingstone.com/cultur...-insurrection-riot-conspiracy-theory-1110622/

and this guy:
https://www.businessinsider.com/photo-trump-supporter-riot-confederate-flag-us-capitol-2021-1
This isn't surprising. It's always a false flag operation for these types.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Even though its from the same place that hosts these shit heads it still gave me a chuckle

It's amazing. That woman who died went all "Once more unto the breach!" with a Trump flag wrapped around her and less than 24 hours later he is calling her a criminal. That's the great cause she died for.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
The best thing that could happen to the Dems is Cruz running for President in 4 years time he has all the charisma of a septic tank it would be a landslide for who ever was up against him.
He is also really bad (b/c of the charisma thing) in televised debates. He would have to resort Trump tactics to have any chance of "winning" a debate with Harris (who is almost certainly going to be the candidate)

Ananke

Interesting, seems no one was giving authorization to send the National Guard...well until very very late. Even when the National Guard were ready to deploy.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
He is also really bad (b/c of the charisma thing) in televised debates. He would have to resort Trump tactics to have any chance of "winning" a debate with Harris (who is almost certainly going to be the candidate)
But we must also consider the Rs that voted for Biden/abstained from voting in 2020 because of Trump. They would vote for Cruz, most likely. I also find that the majority of Trumptards would return to voting for whatever rotted carcass the GOP nominates, like Cruz for example. These voters do not engage in critical thinking and everything is external locus to their feeble minds.

Infra-red

Hopefully the GOP kicks him out and he stands as an independent in 4 years - would split the right-wing vote and guarantee the Dems a second term.

Irwin99

So, basically more Hitler than more Trump.
Or Napoleon or Alcibiades or Cesare Borgia. Somebody amoral but with actual brilliance or intelligence.
People don't like the idea that Hitler was both intelligent and charismatic and that it was just as a psychopath he lacked remorse for his actions.
Yeah he was obviously one of the biggest pieces of sh*t to ever walk the planet but his language skills and intelligence were far greater than a man who uses 'bigly' in a sentence and thinks injecting bleach could be the answer for a deadly virus. Imagine someone brighter than Trump manipulating this mob.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
What a snowflake. Why doesn't he just go across the street to the next publisher then? Free markets, competition, etc. etc. will sort this out for him.
I'm sure he's doing that as well, but where are the votes in that? Gotta kick up the fuzz to keep your supporters energized! Polarization is good, remember.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal

I think he's hoping she will be the candidate. He wants to exploit the angry black woman thing. it will be awful and he'll get a lot of support.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
But we must also consider the Rs that voted for Biden/abstained from voting in 2020 because of Trump. They would vote for Cruz, most likely. I also find that the majority of Trumptards would return to voting for whatever rotted carcass the GOP nominates, like Cruz for example. These voters do not engage in critical thinking and everything is external locus to their feeble minds.
that's the thing though. All primaries are essentially the candidates trying to out extreme each other to get the nomination. This means that the winner of the GOP nomination is going to be the one who can win the Trump peeps, so there is NO way that is going to be a Romney/Bush type "moderate". It is going to be a Cruz/Hawley/Trump Family Member/etc. type. So from that list who is the most desirable opponent? For me I will go with the uncharismatic, cuckolded werewolf.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I think he's hoping she will be the candidate. He wants to exploit the angry black woman thing. it will be awful and he'll get a lot of support.
From people she would never win anyways. Racists gonna racist.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
She is going to have to play it flawlessly for the next four years. Biden is going to give her a lot of opportunities to raise her stature.
I agree with this. I think you are going to see her lead most of the big, widely popular initiatives while Biden takes any of the body blows for unpopular things (if he does any of them....).