2021 Summer Olympics (Tokyo)

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I'm getting a bit overwhelmed with all the stuff, I don't know what to choose of focus on. Think I should just stick to a few and focus on that.
But with the track and field stuff starting tomorrow, that's even more interesting stuff to watch. Urgh!
I'm not getting a lot of work done, that's for sure.
Embrace it all buddy, embrace it all!

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
2 Dutch rowing ladies almost won the gold then one of them bottled the last literal stroke of the race and they came 3rd. That must suck so bad.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Teams generally do go for the combination that gives them the best time, because while it might look like a highly strategic race, it isn't since the distances in the water might lie depending on who you have in the split...

Though breaststroke is the one where you want to protect the women the most because if you don't have a strong swimmer there the men can open up an unchaseable lead, more so than with the other styles. Especially when GB puts out Adam Peaty, who is an alien :lol:
In the case of United States I was trying to track their times in the 100 events for both men and women and see what would be the best combination. Turns out there isn't much of a difference in like 3 combinations with the amount of good swimmers, so nations like them and perhaps Australia have the luxury to chose the order they think will be an advantage, the rest is like you said just stick to the fastest combination. Overall it should be very fun for them as well.

Agent Red

That was a very exciting men’s 8 race. A bronze for GB which was a relief after it looked like we could have been 4th again at one point.

Still a really poor show from the rowing outfit this Games given how much investment they get. A lot to sort out before Paris 2024.

U99ted

A medal to end the rowing for GB in the 8s. Well done Kiwis.

Another bronze from Luke Greenbank in the backstroke! 20 medals!

Last edited:

LDUred

Duncan Scott is incredible and Luke Greenbank did fantastic, too. The swimmers have done us so proud.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Not UK. Nothing here to kill you, audibly annoy you (except a few foxes) or make you scratch yourself unnecessarily. No mosquitoes is the clincher for living here. Going to any other country is a huge step down for creepy crawly comfort, we're that spoiled.
You apparently have 1 species but it is quite rare. However, I'm sure I remember mosquitos being quite common. Not as frequent or bloodthirsty as warmer climate ones but I'm sure i remember them being there in summer.

croadyman

Duncan Scott is incredible and Luke Greenbank did fantastic, too. The swimmers have done us so proud.
Yeah so looking forward to that Men's 4x100 medley relay with Greenbank, Peaty & Scott all in the same team WOW, who is swimming the Butterfly in this because can't remember off the top of my head

Last edited:

Hephaestus

Yeah so looking forward to that Men's 4x100 medley relay with Greenbank, Peaty & Scott all in the same team WOW, who is swimming the Butterfly in this because can't remember off the top of my head
Guessing James Guy.

LDUred

Think (90% sure) it's Guy but not 100% sure as he's in the mixed medley as well.

Hephaestus

Yeah looks like it, this mixed medley relay could also be interesting but not expecting us to get the better of US or Australia
Yeah, 3rd could well be our limit in that one.
Think (90% sure) it's Guy but not 100% sure as he's in the mixed medley as well.
Peaty was in that as well and he'll definitely be in both so I think that means it will be Guy.

croadyman

THE WAIT FOR A GB FEMALE GOLD IS OVER, never saw it coming in the BMX and the best ones are always the surprises

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Incredible match in the badminton mixed doubles final. Number 2 seed Chinese team beating the number one seed Chinese team in a three set classic.

Withnail

Another medal for Ireland. Aidan Walsh is into the boxing semi-final against Britain's Pat McCormack and guaranteed at least a bronze.

Edit: mistakenly thought he was into the final.

Last edited:

Superunknown

Feck me, what a race! My heart was beating so fast watching that. :drool:

I've not had much experience watching Rugby Sevens, as I've pretty much only grown up with Rugby Union. But, the Sevens matches have been so great to watch and I'm now a huge fan of the format and the way it works for the Olympics. The GB women's matches in particular have been great to watch.

Deery

Dreary
Another medal for Ireland. Aidan Walsh is into the boxing final against Britain's Pat McCormack and guaranteed at least a silver.
Brilliant I feel like I’ve missed all the boxing this year the way BBC1 is set up, will be a great final.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Another medal for Ireland. Aidan Walsh is into the boxing final against Britain's Pat McCormack and guaranteed at least a silver.
Isn’t it the semifinal he has made ? Which means of course that he is guaranteed a medal because Boxing semifinal is guaranteed bronze

Dan

Thank you for that was good to watch, the height and distance they get on those jumps!

Is the golf finishing today or have they got another round?

Also isn't the park skateboarding supposed to be taking place? Enjoyed watching the street
Wednesday and Thursday next week for the skateboarding.

United Hobbit

Withnail

Brilliant I feel like I’ve missed all the boxing this year the way BBC1 is set up, will be a great final.
Isn’t it the semifinal he has made ? Which means of course that he is guaranteed a medal because Boxing semifinal is guaranteed bronze
Yeah sorry I was getting ahead of myself. It's a bronze he's guaranteed. I had thought that but then I misread an article which was saying he was facing Mc Cormack for a place in the final as facing Mc Cormack in the final. I've edited my post.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Djokovic vs Zverev with one set each in the semifinals so far. First set, Djokovic destroyed Zverev 6-1, but he came back strong winning the second set 6-3.

mu4c_20le

Can't believe Zverev is only 24, feels like he's been around forever.

Go on lad, take down the Death Star.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Crazy to think that both Federer and Djokovic won't have a single Gold medal in their career.

Great match by Zverev, maybe he'll finally get some German questions in the press conference :lol:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Must be awesome to realize you've just beat Djokovic and are sure of an Olympic medal.