2024 U.S. Elections

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
she just needs to stay in long enough until something major happens, like trump being held off ballots in some swing states, or him going to jail.
hang in there Haley and keep delivering those zingers.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
she just needs to stay in long enough until something major happens, like trump being held off ballots in some swing states, or him going to jail.
Plus if that happens she ll sway a lot of voters in the middle with it for the general for daring to continue to stand up to the cult imho.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
That has to be playing on the minds of the R political establishment. Their worst case scenario is Trump gets convicted or has to drop out for other reasons and they don't have a viable replacement in place.

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
Trump would not obliterate Biden in a debate.
I know that, you know that, my dog knows that, but apparently one of our favourite WUMs talking points is that the convicted felon who runs away from debates and failed to obliterate Biden in a debate 4 years ago, would obliterate him in a debate right now.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I know that, you know that, my dog knows that, but apparently one of our favourite WUMs talking points is that the convicted felon who runs away from debates and failed to obliterate Biden in a debate 4 years ago, would obliterate him in a debate right now.
Ahhh yes, the drive by poster. Had to go back to see the author of the initial post was. Don't mind me, been a long day.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
So, basically just unregistered dems/independents voting for Haley then.
To me, this is what Russia wanted all along. Them getting Trump was the cherry on top, but they really wanted to seed doubt & discontent through media mouth pieces over a multi-election period of time to turn the country against one another. They just played a blinder out of the gate.

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
So, basically just unregistered dems/independents voting for Haley then.
I see it more as a schism that the dems should try and exploit. Those are votes Trump needs. At the same time it looks convenient for Haley to stay in the race for a while just in case something happens with Trump's legal cases and the GOP needs a viable candidate. As it has been repeated ad nauseam, even with voter supression, the GOP base isn't enough to win.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
I see it more as a schism that the dems should try and exploit. Those are votes Trump needs. At the same time it looks convenient for Haley to stay in the race for a while just in case something happens with Trump's legal cases and the GOP needs a viable candidate. As it has been repeated ad nauseam, even with voter supression, the GOP base isn't enough to win.
Not quite, but in a low turnout election, its not far off.

I think people in general are quite tired of Biden and Trump, i doubt we will see close to turnout as in 2020.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
the GOP base isn't enough to win.
Yep. Its only about 25-28% of the voting population, which makes it virtually impossible to win a race without a sizable swath of independent support. Many independents left Trump after Jan 6th, so it will be interesting to see how they react to him this time.

ManUtd1999

To me, this is what Russia wanted all along. Them getting Trump was the cherry on top, but they really wanted to seed doubt & discontent through media mouth pieces over a multi-election period of time to turn the country against one another. They just played a blinder out of the gate.
And we should not give Russia what it wants. I live in a 2-1 state (blue), but I cannot wait to vote for Biden despite my reservation about what's happening in Gaza. There is a lot to be worried about if Trump wins. A lot.

Regarding the vote in NH. A week ago I said that I wasn't impressed by the 51% that he received. Today, in a one-on-one, he's receiving about 55%. A significant proportion of GOP voters don't want him (and I recognize that many voters today are not republicans).

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
So anyway, the last two national polls has Trump leading Biden by 5 points...

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Trump wins New Hampshire, predictable.

Haley may as well drop out now, if she can't even get traction in NH.
She won't drop out before SC, that's her home state, when she loses there she'll drop out

WPMUFC

So the next level of delusion is to claim that Trump not winning big enough against Haley means the whole vote was rigged.

Can people not see this is getting worse. Like this isn't even Trump normal. The lies and abuse is getting more intense

nimic

something nice
Scout
So the next level of delusion is to claim that Trump not winning big enough against Haley means the whole vote was rigged.

Can people not see this is getting worse. Like this isn't even Trump normal. The lies and abuse is getting more intense
He said that when he won in 2016 too.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
At least Biden knows who he is running against, Trump talks about Obama half the time.

Biden isn't quick anymore, but come on, neither is Trump.

Trump has always been a terrible debater, he won't dominate anything.
Agreed, never understood when people called him charismatic and funny.

Laurencio

Haley with 43.5% in New Hampshire is quite something. I was expecting Trump to land 60+ after De Santis dropped out, but he didn't seem to win any votes on De Santis throwing in the towel. Haley on the other hand is outperforming polling consistently.

Trump will likely win the nomination, but the GOP should be concerned that roughly 40-50% of their primary electorate don't want him. If Haley outperforms polling in SC after the press basically deciding Trump will do a clean sweep, they should be very concerned about their chances in November.

Last edited:

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I think many anti-Trump Republicans have a feeling that 2024 is gonna be a write-off anyway. Better to focus on 2028 and hopefully Trump is done by that time.

Mike Smalling

The results in NH are really hard to decipher. On one hand it's close to being a 50-50 between Haley and Trump, which doesn't look great for the Donald, but then again the state is unique in that democrats and independents can vote in them. There will be a lot of non-Republican votes in Haley's camp. Overall, it's not the slam dunk Trump would have hoped for, but he will still slap her around in the next few states and then she will drop out.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The results in NH are really hard to decipher. On one hand it's close to being a 50-50 between Haley and Trump, which doesn't look great for the Donald, but then again the state is unique in that democrats and independents can vote in them. There will be a lot of non-Republican votes in Haley's camp. Overall, it's not the slam dunk Trump would have hoped for, but he will still slap her around in the next few states and then she will drop out.
Don't see her making it to SC imo. She is not going to willingly walk into a massive loss that it will definitely be, that would be suicidal for any 2028 aspirations of hers.

Mike Smalling

Don't see her making it to SC imo. She is not going to willingly walk into a massive loss that it will definitely be, that would be suicidal for any 2028 aspirations of hers.
She was pretty emphatic in her speech, I think - she will not drop out yet. Of course, that can change quickly, but I think she is in for a few more states, if she still has the money. The logic is probably, that she hopes to be around if Trump has a stroke or something.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Haley with 43.5% in New Hampshire is quite something. I was expecting Trump to land 60+ after De Santis dropped out, but he didn't seem to win any votes on De Santis throwing in the towel. Haley on the other hand is outperforming polling consistently.

Trump will likely win the nomination, but the GOP should be concerned that roughly 40-50% of their primary electorate don't want him. If Haley outperforms polling in SC after the press basically deciding Trump will do a clean sweep, they should be very concerned about their chances in November.
A lot more of their primary electorate didn't want him in 2016, and yet he completely dominated the party in short order. I'd also hesitate to compare New Hampshire and Iowa to the broader primary electorate. Haley pretty much had to win New Hampshire to have any chance at all of winning the nomination. Trump will get well over 60% in the next primaries.

RedDevilQuebecois

Clown.
If you cheer for the other guy, you will get a far worse clown. Better suck it up and shove your narrow view of the world aside.

Professional shit disturbers on the payroll of the right are known to feck around political rallies in recent years. If you really want Palestinians to be truly fecked in the ass down the road, then you're doing a really good job at it yourself right now by supporting (directly or indirectly) the mentally disabled prick leading the GOP. Don't believe me? It's from the horse's mouth.

Last edited:

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
She was pretty emphatic in her speech, I think - she will not drop out yet. Of course, that can change quickly, but I think she is in for a few more states, if she still has the money. The logic is probably, that she hopes to be around if Trump has a stroke or something.
Being a former governor of SC she doesn't really need to spend money there, IMO she'll drop out after SC hands her ass to her

I visit SC regularly and there's plenty of MAGA fruitcakes around the area I go to, some of them are my in-laws to boot!!

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Being a former governor of SC she doesn't really need to spend money there, IMO she'll drop out after SC hands her ass to her

I visit SC regularly and there's plenty of MAGA fruitcakes around the area I go to, some of them are my in-laws to boot!!
I feel your pain. My in laws think Trump can indeed quite literally shoot people (bonus points for them if they re liberal, Muslim or South American) and he d be ok in their book. It got to the point I don't even want to be around them anymore than I absolutely need to.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

Didn't you move there? Or did you take one look and high tail it back to the blue heaven that is errrr.... Missouri? :p

But yeah. I feel the pain with you and @Redplane with the in-law stuff. Mine are not that bad, but my FIL used to be a pretty liberal dude but is slowly turning to the right for no discernable reason. It is baffling.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Didn't you move there? Or did you take one look and high tail it back to the blue heaven that is errrr.... Missouri? :p

But yeah. I feel the pain with you and @Redplane with the in-law stuff. Mine are not that bad, but my FIL used to be a pretty liberal dude but is slowly turning to the right for no discernable reason. It is baffling.
I'm still in MO but we will be moving at some point, not sure when yet, where I am in the STL area is actually a solid blue county

The in-laws are not raging in-your-face MAGA's, one of my sister-in-laws who is actually in NC is a liberal, generally speaking it doesn't get discussed, they are decent enough people to accept that not everyone agrees with them, I kind of get a pass because I'm not American :D

ManUtd1999

So anyway, the last two national polls has Trump leading Biden by 5 points...
And another poll yesterday shows Biden winning Pennsylvania by a big margin. The polls will hopefully settle in few weeks or even months.