2024 U.S. Elections

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
As said before, convictions wont save demcocrats.

Republicans saying they wont vote for Trump if convicted is just something they say, if they rationalize voting for him up until this point, then they just will push the needle further.

I have no faith in this one being true.
Considering my in laws defended him raping women saying they deserved it or something God awful bs - I agree with you. Just because Biden is president doesn't mean those poor excuses for human beings stopped existing.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
As said before, convictions wont save demcocrats.

Republicans saying they wont vote for Trump if convicted is just something they say, if they rationalize voting for him up until this point, then they just will push the needle further.

I have no faith in this one being true.
Trump doesn’t add voters, he subtracts them.

He / MAGA has lost or underperformed in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, & 2024.

There seems to be a pattern.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

He / MAGA has lost or underperformed in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, & 2024.

That's true, although this time Biden seems to be subtracting them as well. And despite a number of economic wins (avoiding a post COVID recession, keeping the market stable, reducing inflation, gas prices etc), he will be under pressure because of his age and the fact that a lot of people are not seeing tangible reductions in food and housing prices, both of which make a massive difference in how average voters perceive his effectiveness.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid

Of course he subtract voters, question is how many Biden has lost by comparison.

Suedesi

I don't think it will happen but if Trump wins, I bet Thomas and Alito would retire, allowing Trump to appoint 2 super young Christian conservatives to lock in the right-wing agenda for decades to come. We are talking 30-40 years of control.

Very scary shit.
Yes, that is a concerning and very likely scenario. Had RBG retired when Obama suggested it in early 2010's, we might be living in a completely different world now.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Yes, that is a concerning and very likely scenario. Had RBG retired when Obama suggested it in early 2010's, we might be living in a completely different world now.
Hindsight is wonderful, most of the world thought Hillary would win 2016.

Mike Smalling

CNN reporting that the RNC is considering declaring Trump the presumptive nominee.

He has won two states fairly narrowly :lol: so much for Democracy. I guess they don’t want Haley to continue slinging shit at him.

Suedesi

Sounds like a completely made up a story. Sure a "source" had insight into all that. File this under/r/thingsthatdidnthappen

For WIW, it seems that Biden has finally found his way to addressing the border issue. How timely! I can't help but wonder if this newfound diligence springs from a genuine concern for border security and citizen welfare, or if it's just a move to rob his opponent of a juicy talking point. Quite the strategic epiphany.

Senile old prick.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Sounds like a completely made up a story. Sure a "source" had insight into all that. File this under/r/thingsthatdidnthappen

For WIW, it seems that Biden has finally found his way to addressing the border issue. How timely! I can't help but wonder if this newfound diligence springs from a genuine concern for border security and citizen welfare, or if it's just a move to rob his opponent of a juicy talking point. Quite the strategic epiphany.

Senile old prick.
Sigh...what is it this time?

Mitch himself confirmed Trump doesn't want them to accept any deal, this is not a "made up story".

Abizzz

Senile old prick.
Yeah, I could never see Trump pressuring all those independent and self-confident republicans into voting strategically in a election year. Must be made up.

Last edited:

Suedesi

Sigh...what is it this time?

Mitch himself confirmed Trump doesn't want them to accept any deal, this is not a "made up story".
What deal is there to make, secure the fecking border, it’s not that hard or difficulr.

i know it’s not as sexy as bombing Houthis to the Stone Age, but come on Joe as the Commander in Chief you can defend the fecking border

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
What deal is there to make, secure the fecking border, it’s not that hard or difficulr.

i know it’s not as sexy as bombing Houthis to the Stone Age, but come on Joe as the Commander in Chief you can defend the fecking border

You know damn well its the republicans holding legislation up right now, thats the deal.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Senile old prick.
The Biden admin is proposing immigration / border policies that are freaking the progressives out for being so conservative & draconian (& rather loved by Senate Repubs), it's not Biden who is gumming up the works.

It's the Repubs who want to keep the border in chaos in order to use it as a cudgel with which to slam the Biden admin for as long as they can.

Laurencio

This actually sounds 100% like something Trump would do. Similar to his attempt at extorting Zelenskyy to dig up dirt on Biden during the 2020 elections.
This has been the Republican playbook for a few elections now. Make the country hurt until they have a president in office, or make sure that whatever benefits people get from Dem policies do not kick in until next term, when they hopefully have a president. Also, if it looks like you are losing an election, pass policies that make people's lives harder and make sure they go into effect into the new president's term.

Problem is that people don't seem to register that it happens or really care about it. They just think "wait, my life is harder and my wallet has less money - who is the fecker in office?". While the majority of the policies that made it like that were likely passed before that person's time in office. Republican politicians especially are never really punished at the ballot for doing this.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
It's extremely easy to understand: the last 15 years or so the GOP has been defined by the desire to NOT govern. It is an entirely negative force, it exists in opposition and desires only to undo things.

The whole point is to show government doesn't work, and therfeore it's incentivised to break government.

Also, blaming the border/immigration issues on Biden demonstrates an incredible lack of understanding of what is actually holding up the process, who has power in those areas, and what can be done by Biden. Having that position is basically like asking FoxNews: what should I think on this issue?

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
The Biden admin is proposing immigration / border policies that are freaking the progressives out for being so conservative & draconian (& rather loved by Senate Repubs), it's not Biden who is gumming up the works.

It's the Repubs who want to keep the border in chaos in order to use it as a cudgel with which to slam the Biden admin for as long as they can.
Absolutely right, and I would think most people know this. Those that don't or are blaming Biden are either just naive, willfully ignorant or lost in their hate and conspiracies or just trolling.

The Republicans know all this too, and seeing as Trump got elected with this kind of shit only to continue using the same during his Presidency and after and now throughout his reelection campaign, it's not hard to think the story is true and that he and other Republicans on his side don't want Biden to get his way with the election so close.

What makes no sense to me is I personally think they are missing the fact that it could turn more Dem and independent voters away from voting for Biden or voting at all than turn Republican or independents to voting for him.

Also, with no proof this is just a story, but as said before, it's absolutely something Trump and his Republican lackies would do.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Absolutely right, and I would think most people know this. Those that don't or are blaming Biden are either just naive, willfully ignorant or lost in their hate and conspiracies or just trolling.

The Republicans know all this too, and seeing as Trump got elected with this kind of shit only to continue using the same during his Presidency and after and now throughout his reelection campaign, it's not hard to think the story is true and that he and other Republicans on his side don't want Biden to get his way with the election so close.

What makes no sense to me is I personally think they are missing the fact that it could turn more Dem and independent voters away from voting for Biden or voting at all than turn Republican or independents to voting for him.

Also, with no proof this is just a story, but as said before, it's absolutely something Trump and his Republican lackies would do.
Turtle is trying to hedge his bets today with a couple of press releases, let's see what happens in the coming months. Repubs are on record stating that they don't want to deliver any wins for Biden with the border issue; the easiest way to do this is to never reach a compromise on border / Ukraine / Israel / Taiwan assistance.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

You follow conservative commentator Benny Johnson on Twitter ?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
He's walking on increasingly tight rope.

Netanyahu and his croonies' constant middle-fingering, and the ICJ's ruling certainly didn't help him or his administration. The lip service isn't working and he's looking more and more as either an accomplice or a clown. His efforts to tie the Ukraine help with Israel's in exchange for "border security" are thwarted by the GOP who doesn't want him to go into the presidential campaign with a major win. The lack of American public's interest notwithstanding, the Gaza/Ukraine situations are untenable as they are and will definitely harm him, if no decisive action is taken.

At some point something will have to give.

Revan

Assumptionman
Christ. Trump or Biden. Got yourself two excellent candidates there, America.
The best and the brightest that the US has to offer.

Dems fecked themselves by putting Biden for re-election. Almost all polls are putting Trump comfortably ahead in both popular vote and in practically all battleground states (Arizona, Nevada, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Georgia). And if Trump gets arrested, which is extremely unlikely, Haley will demolish Biden.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
It again and again shows how fickle the American center and left is. The Dems need to cater to a hundred different viewpoints, the right could literally call for the annihilation of Palestinians and they d be a ok with their group. Especially young voters on the left are both powerful and a big weakness. A lot of idealism.