2024 U.S. Elections

Raoul

Admin
Staff
And another poll yesterday shows Biden winning Pennsylvania by a big margin. The polls will hopefully settle in few weeks or even months.
Indeed. The swing state polls are the ones that are going to be interesting given that its only about 7 or 8 states that will decide the entire election.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
I read that Trump won independents in NH by 18 points in 2016, now he lost them by 22 points.

This is bad news for republicans in the general, if this is in any way representative for rest of the electorate.

Mike Smalling

If Nikki drops out before the next primary in late February, the nominee will have been decided by roughly 400,000 votes cast in total.

What a dogshit election system. Imagine being a voter in one of the 48 other states. Probably wouldn’t have made a difference this year, but for other years it really is dumb.

Suedesi

I know that, you know that, my dog knows that, but apparently one of our favourite WUMs talking points is that the convicted felon who runs away from debates and failed to obliterate Biden in a debate 4 years ago, would obliterate him in a debate right now.
Have you seen Biden recently?

Suedesi

To me, this is what Russia wanted all along. Them getting Trump was the cherry on top, but they really wanted to seed doubt & discontent through media mouth pieces over a multi-election period of time to turn the country against one another. They just played a blinder out of the gate.
Russia :lol:

Suedesi

Ahhh yes, the drive by poster. Had to go back to see the author of the initial post was. Don't mind me, been a long day.
I'm merely a casual poster juggling a family and a job, not one of those political operatives gracing the interwebs with their so-called pearls of wisdom.

Anyway, as usual, I'm on the money with these predictions. Trump will clinch it, tragically so, since the man is practically a walking billboard of empty chatter.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I'm merely a casual poster juggling a family and a job, not one of those political operatives gracing the interwebs with their so-called pearls of wisdom.

Anyway, as usual, I'm on the money with these predictions. Trump will clinch it, tragically so, since the man is practically a walking billboard of empty chatter.
That Trump was going to clinch the nomination?

It was the ‘obliteration’ prediction with which we disagreed.

Suedesi

That Trump was going to clinch the nomination?

It was the ‘obliteration’ prediction with which we disagreed.
I'm talking about the general election. Trump will win and usher in what's sure to be a serene and uneventful four years of constitutional crises.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I'm talking about the general election. Trump will win and usher in what's sure to be a serene and uneventful four years of constitutional crises.
:lol: Trump ain’t gonna win. But that’s a strong generational talent bet though.

MarylandMUFan

I don't think it will happen but if Trump wins, I bet Thomas and Alito would retire, allowing Trump to appoint 2 super young Christian conservatives to lock in the right-wing agenda for decades to come. We are talking 30-40 years of control.

Very scary shit.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I don't think it will happen but if Trump wins, I bet Thomas and Alito would retire, allowing Trump to appoint 2 super young Christian conservatives to lock in the right-wing agenda for decades to come. We are talking 30-40 years of control.

Very scary shit.
Yikes, I hadnt even made that leap yet but yes that is very real threat. John Stewart coming back to the Daily Show (assuming that is real) is probably no surprise. Unfortunately people like him will likely be of big importance to ensure apathy doesn't set in with certain folks in the center and even left.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Even if Biden wins, doubt he will get any judges without the senate anyway.

Republicans will have no problems stalling nominations for years, they have done it before and will do so again, if given the opportunity.

Mike Smalling

Even if Biden wins, doubt he will get any judges without the senate anyway.

Republicans will have no problems stalling nominations for years, they have done it before and will do so again, if given the opportunity.
The only SCOTUS example is Merrick Garland in 2016 right? That was insane at the same, but it would still be moving the goalposts significantly if they tried to do it in Biden's first couple of years of a potential second term. Not saying they won't, but it would be a new level of criminality.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Being a former governor of SC she doesn't really need to spend money there, IMO she'll drop out after SC hands her ass to her

I visit SC regularly and there's plenty of MAGA fruitcakes around the area I go to, some of them are my in-laws to boot!!
Not particularly MAGA, but back in 2011 my Uncle was pro-Assad when the Syrian protests broke out. He was even dancing to the sight of tanks invading small towns. We were very close back then and I could never look at him the same way after. Having nutjobs in the family is extremely tiresome.

RedDevilQuebecois

POTUS speech in front of UAW members today. The union gave him their endorsement as well.

It's a much needed change of scenery compared after the (needless) media coverage given to Trump's shite in recent weeks.

MarylandMUFan

The only SCOTUS example is Merrick Garland in 2016 right? That was insane at the same, but it would still be moving the goalposts significantly if they tried to do it in Biden's first couple of years of a potential second term. Not saying they won't, but it would be a new level of criminality.
If the Dems can get the Senate back then they can do what they want. Though we would need another pandemic to get Thomas and Alito out of there.

Sweet Square

POTUS speech in front of UAW members today. The union gave him their endorsement as well.

It's a much needed change of scenery compared after the (needless) media coverage given to Trump's shite in recent weeks.
Cba watching the whole speech but this apparently happened

Last edited:

Hamnat

Trump isn’t president so it would be pointless to demand a ceasefire at his rallies. Just a waste of time.
A waste of time to push policy change at the frontrunner and clear owner of the entire GOP "platform"? I mean most sane people know the only policy GOP actually care about is owning libs. But, ideally anyone advocating any type of international stance would want to be making their case to the leaders of both parties.

And if Trump is a "lost cause" which he is, then there goes the "they are both the same" arguments for parties.

You cannot go to any social media post these days and not see comments about "speak up for Palestine etc." Even celebs, sports figures that have nothing to do with policy.

Sweet Square

A waste of time to push policy change at the frontrunner and clear owner of the entire GOP "platform"? I mean most sane people know the only policy GOP actually care about is owning libs. But, ideally anyone advocating any type of international stance would want to be making their case to the leaders of both parties.

And if Trump is a "lost cause" which he is, then there goes the "they are both the same" arguments for parties.

You cannot go to any social media post these days and not see comments about "speak up for Palestine etc." Even celebs, sports figures that have nothing to do with policy.
Unionised workers protesting against the sitting President(Who is bypassing congress to fund a genocide)at a Union endorsed meeting is a better use of time.

Sadly imo it’s probably just as useless as protesting at a Trump rally. The protesting workers got booted out and their calls for a ceasefire were met with louder chants of UWA UWA. The Union policy btw is for a ceasefire.

We live in a very stupid world.

Hamnat

This is why it is always so crazy they bend over backwards to suck up to him. Even into potential criminality. He is NEVER loyal to these people. They get used and discarded like toilet paper whenever he feels like it. No matter what they previously did for him. Any perceived slight he will throw people he hired under the bus.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Biden might have to make due without Michigan, the war in Gaza might have sunk him there.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I don't think they are doing a lot of selling at all yet. That will not ramp up significantly until we get closer to the general election. It's also going to be a lose-lose, because a large part of the electorate is unaware of or not dissatisfied with what is happening in Gaza. The discontent will come from muslim Americans and leftists. I don't think it's something he can meaningfully campaign on unless something major is achieved in the next few months. And even if that happens it will come on the back of +25,000 dead. His best hope is that is doesn't remain a major topic in the lead-up to the election - it would be a lot better for Biden if the focus could be on Trump's court cases, his danger to democracy, and Dobbs.
Not on ads maybe but I'm getting emails from them every day asking for money.

Joe Biden said:
Last night, Donald Trump won the Republican primary in New Hampshire. I hope you’ll give me a chance to remind you exactly who he is, what the stakes are in this election, and then ask you to chip in for the first time today.
Think back to where you were in 2017. Now, remember one of the first things Trump did after being sworn in: Enacting his xenophobic Muslim Ban that he’s promising to reinstate “on Day One” if reelected.
Around that same time, Trump hand-picked three Supreme Court justices he believed would overturn Roe v. Wade. And when they did, he bragged about it, saying, “I did it.” and, “I'm proud.”
Then, Trump put immigrant women and children in cages and separated families. (He’s calling for more mass detention camps and rounding up millions of Latinos now.)
Trump also signed a $1.5 trillion tax cut bill for the rich and corporations while in office, and he’s “planning on doing it” again if reelected.
Trump made endless threats to Social Security and Medicare while in office, and has promised to cut both if he gets a second term.
Trump got on national television during a global pandemic and told folks to inject bleach to cure COVID-19. Seriously.
I could go on and on…
The point is: We all know who Donald Trump is. The question we have to answer is who are we?
Do we want our country to serve people from every age and background?
Do we want to build our economy from the middle out -- not the top down?
Do we want to be a society with more freedom, not less?

Kamala and I have spent the last three years working on behalf of the American people. Our campaign is about you. It’s about the future we’re going to continue to build together.
I want you to be a part of it.
You know I hate asking for money, but grassroots donations from supporters like you are quite literally funding the advertisements, field organizing staff and offices, and getting our campaign’s message out across America. So, will you chip in a few bucks – even $5 or $25 – to Kamala and my campaign? Your donation will be put straight to work ensuring Trump does not win four more years in the White House.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
So Kayleigh is now a RINO? :lol:

It d be one thing if the people he goes after would not cave but every time he does, they fold and jump back on the Trump train to kiss his feet. Can't wait for all the stories to come out when Donnie is 6 feet under - because it seems like that might be the only time people will finally get some balls.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid

National polls keeps getting worse and worse for Biden, and yet, actual election results shows Trump is bleeding independent voters.

Maybe he dont even need them then.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

National polls keeps getting worse and worse for Biden, and yet, actual election results shows Trump is bleeding independent voters.

Maybe he dont even need them then.
Fortunately the election isn't for 10 more months and national polls will change over time, especially with Trump convictions hanging in the balance (a signficaint amount of Republicans hav said they will ditch Trump if he's convicted).

RedDevil@84

Fortunately the election isn't for 10 more months and national polls will change over time, especially with Trump convictions hanging in the balance (a signficaint amount of Republicans hav said they will ditch Trump if he's convicted).
Is this something that is gonna happen soon or is it like PL charges against City?

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
As said before, convictions wont save demcocrats.

Republicans saying they wont vote for Trump if convicted is just something they say, if they rationalize voting for him up until this point, then they just will push the needle further.

I have no faith in this one being true.