21million for Benzema - United rumoured to offer

ultra

So our bench would look something like this:

Pig/Foster,Pique/Evans/JOS,OH/Fletcher,Giggs,Scholes,Saha,tevez/benzema

assuming that the 7 subs rules takes place next year. And next year i assume that giggs and scholes would probably be more used as super subs rather than starters.

But we got bunch of people still left out of the squad. Park,silvestre,the brazilian twins,manucho (if he gets wp), and many many more.... shit our squad is huge!

Drifter

American
Karim Benzema has agreed to extend his contract at Lyon, according to club president Jean-Michel Aulas.

On Wednesday, the 20-year-old forward outlined his plans to stay at Stade Gerland for at least another season, despite reported interest from Manchester United.

Aulas then moved to reaffirm Benzema's commitment to the Ligue 1 champions, while expressing his joy at the player's decision.

And Aulas has now revealed that he and the France international have verbally agreed that he will soon put pen-to-paper on a new contract.

"We shook hands 48 hours ago," Aulas told reporters. "We have an agreement with Karim. Now we have to reach one with the people who advise him.

"There is no doubt that Karim will still be with us next season but my ambition is to keep him at Lyon until the 2010 World Cup."

Reports suggest that details of the deal could be announced next week.

THE END.

Alex

Karim Benzema has agreed to extend his contract at Lyon, according to club president Jean-Michel Aulas.

On Wednesday, the 20-year-old forward outlined his plans to stay at Stade Gerland for at least another season, despite reported interest from Manchester United.

Aulas then moved to reaffirm Benzema's commitment to the Ligue 1 champions, while expressing his joy at the player's decision.

And Aulas has now revealed that he and the France international have verbally agreed that he will soon put pen-to-paper on a new contract.

"We shook hands 48 hours ago," Aulas told reporters. "We have an agreement with Karim. Now we have to reach one with the people who advise him.

"There is no doubt that Karim will still be with us next season but my ambition is to keep him at Lyon until the 2010 World Cup."

Reports suggest that details of the deal could be announced next week.

THE END.
or whenever else Aulas can sell him for a ton of money, could still see him ending up at Real if he has a good Euro

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
or whenever else Aulas can sell him for a ton of money, could still see him ending up at Real if he has a good Euro
Nothing wrong with Lyon wanting every single last penny for thier asset.

Alex

Nothing wrong with Lyon wanting every single last penny for thier asset.
Not at all, my point is that they WILL cash in on Benzema if he has a good Euro, regardless of the new contract.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Not at all, my point is that they WILL cash in on Benzema if he has a good Euro, regardless of the new contract.
Oh I see. I get what you mean. Yes maybe .... but if he is one of those who is genuinly and rising star, his value will then increase again next year.

Maybe he should stay one more year in his home country with people he knows with pressure he is used to. There is no rush for him to make it big time just yet. What do you think is the best desision FOR HIM?

I think it might be one more season of reg football for Lyon. Maybe we should buy him and loan him back for a season?

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11827_3585048,00.html

Benzema to stay at Lyon

Jean Michel Aulas has reiterated that Karim Benzema will stay at Lyon this summer and believes that the star's future is more about contentment than money.

The French club's president insisted that no deal will be done this year and thinks that the 20-year-old still feels completely at home at Stade de Gerland and has no desire to move away.

So that's the end of that.

Bape

Benzema to stay at Lyon

Jean Michel Aulas has reiterated that Karim Benzema will stay at Lyon this summer and believes that the star's future is more about contentment than money.

The French club's president insisted that no deal will be done this year and thinks that the 20-year-old still feels completely at home at Stade de Gerland and has no desire to move away.

Never was gonna happen anyway.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

Benzema to stay at Lyon

we will never be able to win the league without him....:smirk:

REd FUn DevIl

If Benzema isnt available then is not the end of the world. We should be strenghten our front line anyway. Berbatov or another marvellous striker + getting Manucho work's permit.

davisjw

This is true. For what it's worth, a team based around the current world player of the year didn't make the champions' league either.
Shouldn't of been any way :devil:

That's fine, I'd prefer Eto'o anyway... Bye Saha- vacation is over :D

Ekeke

thats a crap judgement of a player.
Not when he's the striker who leads the line.

He's exactly like Ruud, and almost all our goals and attack came from and to Ruud.

Ajax's attack is built around Hunterlaar and ultimately it wasn't good enough, in a shit competition, to bring Ajax into the champions league - where they dont normally have a problem of getting to.

Ekeke

This is true. For what it's worth, a team based around the current world player of the year didn't make the champions' league either.
Yep. Didn't do much, same as last year - before our match with Milan, where he was outstanding partly due to injuries and our joke of an effort defending