5 stabbed in Dublin | 3 of them children

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Of course it would. This country went down hill fast once the church weren't let get away with battering, raping and abusing the young people in submission.

A great bunch of lads.
I’m man enough to say I stand corrected when shown my error. You have made me see the light.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
pity you didn't show the same anger and energy to Israeli people slaughtered by Hamas. Didn't see fit to post anything on 7th October.

But anyway you carry on attacking everyone else for having an opposing opinion and slandering me for no reason whatsoever.
Your far right "conspiracy theory" turns out to be not totally inaccurate after all...

"Sources later revealed that the suspect is a naturalised Irish citizen who has lived in the country for around 20 years, and is believed to be of French-Algerian origin."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/why-were-there-riots-in-dublin-stabbing-3w6spph00

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Tldr this thread; fact is Ireland is clearly exactly what the rest of the world already knew - a bunch of fighting drunks. Thanks for confirming it.

/S ...sorta ;)

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Sincerely... Get fecked
C'mon lighten up a bit. People are at each other's throat in here too much. A terrible thing happened and people are trying to take advantage of it to further their own gains and create more unrest than the actual incident that it preceded.

Reading a lot of European news and a thread such as this, it feels that especially in the last few years our American left vs right debate in particular has made fully made it to there. Your left vs right debate isn't - or at least wasn't - the same as here, but political players are turning it into that. I hate to see the demonizing of others happening in a part of the world that I thought had largely overcome that.

Last edited:

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
C'mon lighten up a bit. People are at each other's throat in here too much. A terrible thing happened and people are trying to take advantage of it to further their own gains and create more unrest than the actual incident that it preceded.

Reading a lot of European news and a thread such as this, it feels that especially in the last few years our American left vs right debate in particular has made fully made it to there. Your left vs right debate isn't - or at least wasn't - the same as here, but political players are turning it into that. I hate to see the demonizing of others happening in a part of the world that I thought had largely overcome that.
Like a lot of countries that have an inflated sense of goodness, Ireland being no exception, example like Denmark too, all of these countries have the same undercurrent of racists, far right morons just intent on causing damage that seemingly lesser countries have.

caid

Maybe you didn't think through wading into the conversation with a braindead racist comment. People aren't in the mood shockingly.
Were not immunised to racism, why the feck would you think that? Dont answer.

Like a lot of countries that have an inflated sense of goodness, Ireland being no exception, example like Denmark too, all of these countries have the same undercurrent of racists, far right morons just intent on causing damage that seemingly lesser countries have.
No one said we were. You've got a chip on your shoulder with that inflated sense of goodness shite.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
There was a written version of that doing the rounds in other areas too, pretty much word for word but saying that foreigners and n****** will be killed if found in Blanch, Tyrellstown, Lucan and a few other places. A Muslim friend of our family showed us, she was terrified to leave her house or let her son out to play. I hope they track all these feckers down that are spreading these kind of hate talk messages

Oranges038

I’m man enough to say I stand corrected when shown my error. You have made me see the light.
I am glad that you have seen the light.

There was a written version of that doing the rounds in other areas too, pretty much word for word but saying that foreigners and n****** will be killed if found in Blanch, Tyrellstown, Lucan and a few other places. A Muslim friend of our family showed us, she was terrified to leave her house or let her son out to play. I hope they track all these feckers down that are spreading these kind of hate talk messages

AaronRedDevil

I'm really out of the loop here with what's happened. Can someone point me to an article about the incident. Everything keeps going on about the riots and not the stabbings.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I am glad that you have seen the light.

Right wing racist agitators definitely stirred the flames but the violence seemed to be much more about kids wanting to smash shit up than race hate. Apart from anything else, the crowds kicking off in the city centre were quite racially diverse. This wasn’t our version of the EDF taking on the police on Friday night. Which I think is a good thing, as it shows they don’t yet exist in large numbers and the city isn’t being divided along racial lines.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I'm really out of the loop here with what's happened. Can someone point me to an article about the incident. Everything keeps going on about the riots and not the stabbings.
https://www.rte.ie/news/2023/1124/1418255-attack-dublin-injuries/

That’s really all anyone knows. The other information I’ve seen from legitimate sources is that the main suspect is French-Algerian, nationalised Irish citizen, who has been living here for 20 years. He was staying in homeless accommodation near where the stabbing happened and had been getting increasingly worked up about something in the previous week.

Oranges038

Right wing racist agitators definitely stirred the flames but the violence seemed to be much more about kids wanting to smash shit up than race hate. Apart from anything else, the crowds kicking off in the city centre were quite racially diverse. This wasn’t our version of the EDF taking on the police on Friday night. Which I think is a good thing, as it shows they don’t yet exist in large numbers.
Yeah, it was mostly just scrotes being scrotes and using it as an excuse to go wreak havoc. Even on a lot of the videos you can see that there's a lot of diversity amongst the crowds.

But this is how it starts, before you know it one of these gowls will be fronting bigger protests and running for election.

MDFC Manager

He’s incredible. He says anyone would do what he did but I guarantee you anyone would not smack a guy stabbing people over the head with a helmet!
If i didn't know he was Brazilian, I'd have guessed he's an Indian. Helmets are often the weapons of choice here in street altercations.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Just encountered my first “no coincidence this happened while we’re the Palestinians’ biggest supporter in the EU” theory.

Oranges038

That is disgusting
Absolute scumbags, that's all they are.

All they are really afraid of is someone else coming in and getting the same benefits and housing that most of them have been mooching off the state for about 3 generations at this stage.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Them little rioting bastards would have used any excuse to do what they did.
The stabbings were just the excuse they needed. It's been inching towards something like this for a long time due to the lack of proper policing and broken justice system.

The government are 100% to blame on this
Years of neglect.

The whole issue of immigration etc is a completely different conversation. These riots were just a good excuse away from happening as the scum know they'll get away with it

cyberman

To be fair, and I do think they’re dickheads, but it is easy to get riled up when you hear of children getting stabbed. It’s sadly ironic that those who should be policed were the crowd rioting over a lack of policing (pretending to anyway)
Irelands always been like that, that was a talking point amongst the nationalists in the north during the 80s and 90s. They felt abandoned by those down south because what they were going through didn’t gel with the idea that it was a land of people just wanting the craic and they’d talk the ear of ye with over a pint that that they were selling to the world.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Right wing racist agitators definitely stirred the flames but the violence seemed to be much more about kids wanting to smash shit up than race hate. Apart from anything else, the crowds kicking off in the city centre were quite racially diverse. This wasn’t our version of the EDF taking on the police on Friday night. Which I think is a good thing, as it shows they don’t yet exist in large numbers and the city isn’t being divided along racial lines.
No man, any riot along these grounds is made up of angry thugs stirred by a minority of ideologues. This is the embryonic stage. It's not different to anywhere. Nowhere are openly racist ideologues in the majority.

It's very clichéd but the only way to stop it is be vocal and shut it down at source instead of saying it's only a few idiots.

Those riots the other night where a matter of when not if.

"I'm not racist but ..." is all it takes.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

Maybe you didn't think through wading into the conversation with a braindead racist comment. People aren't in the mood shockingly.
Were not immunised to racism, why the feck would you think that? Dont answer.

No one said we were. You've got a chip on your shoulder with that inflated sense of goodness shite.
You've wildly misread what I've written. It's an indictment of people, no country is without this undercurrent of tossers regardless of how liberal and progressive they are.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

It's fecking abhorrent, there really is 15-30% of every population who holds these views. It's horrible.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

To be fair, and I do think they’re dickheads, but it is easy to get riled up when you hear of children getting stabbed. It’s sadly ironic that those who should be policed were the crowd rioting over a lack of policing (pretending to anyway)
Irelands always been like that, that was a talking point amongst the nationalists in the north during the 80s and 90s. They felt abandoned by those down south because what they were going through didn’t gel with the idea that it was a land of people just wanting the craic and they’d talk the ear of ye with over a pint that that they were selling to the world.
Did they go wild over the Slovakian guy who stabbed that girl?

AaronRedDevil

https://www.rte.ie/news/2023/1124/1418255-attack-dublin-injuries/

That’s really all anyone knows. The other information I’ve seen from legitimate sources is that the main suspect is French-Algerian, nationalised Irish citizen, who has been living here for 20 years. He was staying in homeless accommodation near where the stabbing happened and had been getting increasingly worked up about something in the previous week.
Thanks for that. Such a pity it happened, no reason to be so violent much less harming women and children . Feck sake.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
No man, any riot along these grounds is made up of angry thugs stirred by a minority of ideologues. This is the embryonic stage. It's not different to anywhere. Nowhere are openly racist ideologues in the majority.

It's very clichéd but the only way to stop it is be vocal and shut it down at source instead of saying it's only a few idiots.

Those riots the other night where a matter of when not if.

"I'm not racist but ..." is all it takes.
I dunno. It’s hard to unpick the racist/right wing stuff from the antiestablishment anger you saw in, say, the London 2012 riots. Which definitely weren’t triggered by right wing agitators. It’s the same disenfranchised youth kicking in the windows of foot locker either way. The underlying theme seems to be more about being angry at the state/police rather than any coherent right wing ideology.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I dunno. It’s hard to unpick the racist/right wing stuff from the antiestablishment anger you saw in, say, the London 2012 riots. Which definitely weren’t triggered by right wing agitators. It’s the same disenfranchised youth kicking in the windows of foot locker either way. The underlying theme seems to be more about being angry at the state/police rather than any coherent right wing ideology.

Yes, but that's almost always the case. The underlying theme is almost always a paralell justifiable anger. We're not short of data, we've been scrutinising it closely since the second world war.

The only time a crowd is almost entirely racist is if there is a reaction from the oppressed, then the counter reaction will be much more densely ideologically racist.

Even successful elections for overtly racist parties are won by appealing to the existing, often unrelated anger.

Let's hope you're right and Ireland is the only country where this doesn't happen.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Just encountered my first “no coincidence this happened while we’re the Palestinians’ biggest supporter in the EU” theory.
Even you have to admit that the timing is quite suspicious. For any conspiracy nutjob, that is.

Withnail

We just had a riot and a little girl is in intensive care but yeah you decide it was a good time to make tired hackneyed jokes. Good man.

How your reply is anyway relevant to your initial post or my response is beyond me.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff

Your analysis is correct in my opinion, even the idea that us being anti immigrant is rank hypocrisy, but maybe too soon on the jokey delivery.