5th Test Showdown

Bloxy

Why does it always rain on me?
crappycraperson said:
:lol:
I suppose this all over Pietersien chap, or are there any others?

Pietersen is a cnut. Firstly he played for SA u'21 level and was destined to make it to the first team, but decided to play for another country because of "politics" in the cricket in SA. I just think that we didn't want to stick around while SA was going through its toughest times in sport.

Strauss is different because he left SA at an early stage, but this Kevin prick came through the system so I have no respect for turncoats such as him.

If that that the case, then we should have got Giggs to play for England then, but Giggs has allot more class at the expense of never playing in a world cup game.

Jack

Papa Smurf said:
Well done England. You guys seriously did deserve and it would have been criminal had australia somehow won that 5th test. Must say the bloody weather helped you a lot but thats just the way it is.
Im not unhappy with australia though. Only real dissapoinment throughout the series was our batsmen not being able to make big scores. Just kept falling around 20 - 40 runs. Bowling was good though. I wont say anything about the bloody fielding.
We would have beat you at Old Trafford had there not been an entire da lost through rain, so don't come on that one.

Papa Smurf

Im blue da da da da da de da
Jack said:
We would have beat you at Old Trafford had there not been an entire da lost through rain, so don't come on that one.
We also drew the last test because of bad weather. It restricted any chance we had of winning. So if you dont mind, i will come on that one jacko.

Looking Busy

Papa Smurf said:
We also drew the last test because of bad weather. It restricted any chance we had of winning. So if you dont mind, i will come on that one jacko.
If Saturday at Old Trafford hadn't been washed out we'd have won it making the score going into the Oval 3-1. So regardless of the weather at the Oval the series would have been dead and buried.
Also you guys had plenty of chance to bat on at the Oval but you chose to go off twice.

vijay

Im rude and disprespectful to the ladies of the fo
Bloxy said:
Pietersen is a cnut. Firstly he played for SA u'21 level and was destined to make it to the first team, but decided to play for another country because of "politics" in the cricket in SA. I just think that we didn't want to stick around while SA was going through its toughest times in sport.

Strauss is different because he left SA at an early stage, but this Kevin prick came through the system so I have no respect for turncoats such as him.

If that that the case, then we should have got Giggs to play for England then, but Giggs has allot more class at the expense of never playing in a world cup game.
I thought he represented England in the junior teams. Giggs always had an option to represent England and he wasnt intrested in that.

Slabber

This question has probably already been asked but I can't trawl through 13 pages for the answer: why did this thread get moved from the General?

sidsutton

vijay said:
I thought he represented England in the junior teams. Giggs always had an option to represent England and he wasnt intrested in that.
Giggs represented England schoolboys because he went to school in England. He doesn't qualify for the "real" England.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Slabber said:
This question has probably already been asked but I can't trawl through 13 pages for the answer: why did this thread get moved from the General?
Probably because it is about a sport other than football.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
So was this one until it was over wasn't it?

And in any case they shouldn't have been. Not that I give a stuff either way mind.

Slabber

I think cricket threads should be everywhere. This forum is a graveyard.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I think cricket threads should be in here for exactly the same reason.

Graveyard. I think that shall be my word of the day when talking to any Aussies about cricket.

Not that I'll bring it up mind ;)

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Well my suggestion that this idea of a seperate forum for sports has failed and ought to be dispensed with has already been dismissed out of hand with an explanation that I didn't think was entirely satisfactory.

But I won't bring it up again ;)