5th Test Showdown

mojo

Pietersen's on 97. What a century this'll be if he makes it!

mojo

98 to Pietersen's. He's got one over before tea. Go on!

mojo

vijay said:
How many overs are remaining for the day?
49 I think. But 2 will be lost for the changeover when/if the Aussies get to bat.

mojo

Looking Busy said:
The light won't hold for 50 overs. I can see the Betfair blimmp from my office and there is a lot of cloud moving in.
Yes, but the Aussies will get offered the light first and they'll play on. Say they get 40 overs to get 240. That's exactly 6 an over. I still wouldn't bet against them gettting close. There have been so many twists and turns in this series that I can imagine one or two more before close of play.

Looking Busy

mojo said:
Yes, but the Aussies will get offered the light first and they'll play on. Say they get 40 overs to get 240. That's exactly 6 an over. I still wouldn't bet against them gettting close. There have been so many twists and turns in this series that I can imagine one or two more before close of play.
If it gets too dark and England have Flintoff and Harmy steaming in the Umpires can decide to take the players off. The umpires also need to be able to see the ball. How can they give decision if they can't see it

TheRedFlag

Not feeling himself tonight
Agree to the Warne and Flintoff point.

We've already got insurance, £20 of my own money on the Aussi's :lol:

TheRedFlag

Not feeling himself tonight
For once I wouldn't be pissed off about losing a bet, so indeed it would be money well spent.

Looking Busy

Hopefull England will bat for another hour. That will kill the game, even if the aussies come out to bat the conditions will be so much in favour of the bowlers, just like yesterday

mojo

nealn said:
I just hope my winnings will go a few celebration bevvies rather than comiseration ones!
I get a feeling the chances that you'll be celebrating are growing....

mojo

234-7. That's a lead of 240 with 45 overs left. If the Aussies take a hat-trick now that'll leave 43. Two overs are lost to the changeover. That's 240 off 41 overs which is 5.9 an over just about. England need to bat another 10 overs to make absolutely sure.

mojo

S'alright LB. Pietersen's just about put the game beyond the Aussies with a couple of sixes and a four.

RedorDead6899

Acid tongued, and often called evil, but kind to s
Why was this moved? Bet it was a bird or bitter Wibble....

Where are the Aussies now?

RedorDead6899

nealn said:
Yianni Arvani is the worst... Always crowing when they're winning, not to be seen when they're not.

Greek Aussie bellend.

I'd hate to not have an identity strong enough to know where my support belongs.

RedorDead6899

I'm fecking well happy.

Off out to celebrate later.

Yianni

nealn said:
Yianni Arvani is the worst... Always crowing when they're winning, not to be seen when they're not.
:lol: It's cricket. I couldn't give a shit about it plus i don't know much about it. But seeing as you are all tossing over it, then what a perfect opportunity to wind a few idiots up.

My work is done. :smirk:

RedorDead6899

YianniArvani said:
:lol: It's cricket. I couldn't give a shit about it plus i don't know much about it. But seeing as you are all tossing over it, then what a perfect opportunity to wind a few idiots up.

My work is done. :smirk:

Not really, generally we get wound up when we're losing

Unlike now.