'60 civilians killed' in Nato raid

holyland red

"Holier-than-thou fundamentalist"
Officials in Afghanistan were today investigating the possible deaths of 60 civilians during a Nato and Afghan army offensive in the south of the country.
At least 48 insurgents were killed in a day of fighting in the Panjwai district of Kandahar province on Tuesday.

Major Luke Knitig, a spokesman for the international security assistance force, said 60 dead bodies had been discovered, but it was "very unclear" whether they were civilians or insurgents.

The possible civilian deaths, which a UN statement said were in the village of Nangawat, happened during Eid, the festival marking the end of Ramadan.

Bismallah Afghanmal, a Kandahar provincial council member, told the Associated Press that between 80 and 85 people had been killed. A villager, Karim Jan, said between 60 and 70 had died.

"It was late at night - that might be the reason they didn't know where to bomb," Agha Lalai, another member of the provincial council, told Reuters. "They have bombed residential houses."

Witnesses told Reuters that 25 homes were demolished during four to five hours of bombing.

holyland red

Nations supporting the ISAF mission are:
Albania
Australia
Austria
Azerbaijan
Belgium
Bulgaria
Canada
Croatia
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia*
Germany
Greece
Hungary
Iceland
Ireland
Italy
Latvia
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Slovakia
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Turkey
United Kingdom

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
I am sure there is some way how to blame Bush for this.

kkcbl

holyland red said:
quite disproportionate, don't you agree?
Do you?;)

ps - I'm confused & I apologise for being very naive - was this a NATO offensive or was it ISAF?

Bearded but no genius

holyland red said:
Nistlerooy10, LABOB, ellie brown, Sultan and Co...where's your Nazis thread?
N10 will start a thread blaming the Jews, posted from Hezbollah Recreation Centre & Missile Station 13.

ellie will start a thread about how there is no anti-semitism, she is not a bigot, and call someone a "stupid fat American twat".

LABOB will start a thread about how it is the UN's fault, delete it, then start a thread about how an international conspiracy is censoring his posts and targeting civilians - all while urinating and drooling uncontrollably.

Sultan will ask everyone to calm down. Possibly.

holyland red

kkcbl said:
Do you?;)

ps - I'm confused & I apologise for being very naive - was this a NATO offensive or was it ISAF?
NATO took command and co-ordination of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) in August 2003. ISAF is NATO's first mission outside the Euro-Atlantic area. ISAF operates in Afghanistan under a UN mandate and will continue to operate according to current and future UN Security Council (UNSC) resolutions.

Bearded but no genius

holyland red said:
NATO took command and co-ordination of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) in August 2003. ISAF is NATO's first mission outside the Euro-Atlantic area. ISAF operates in Afghanistan under a UN mandate and will continue to operate according to current and future UN Security Council (UNSC) resolutions.
So what you're telling me is that Kofi Annan murdered 60 innocent civilians, in our name?

holyland red

jasonrh said:
So what you're telling me is that Kofi Annan murdered 60 innocent civilians, in our name?
Not that the UN did not have the right to retaliate for the Pashtuni bombardment of Talin, Wellington and Prague...But deliberately targeting civilians...?
Nazis, the lot of them!

Frolics

holyland red said:
Not that the UN did not have the right to retaliate for the Pashtuni bombardment of Talin, Wellington and Prague...But deliberately targeting civilians...?
Nazis, the lot of them!
Cause the way everyone should be reacting to this is with humour.:rolleyes:

holyland red

It may sound a bit extreme, but what we all need to remember is that out of a nation that is oppressed there will inevitably be a person that is tired of the injustice, and want to avenge their losses.

Frolics

Wow..I am completely taken aback by your originality and wit, I don't think I will ever be able to crawl out of this hole of insecurity and self-doubt that you've so crudely stuffed me into.

ellie brown

the east is red
holyland red said:
Nistlerooy10, LABOB, ellie brown, Sultan and Co...where's your Nazis thread?
Bizarre, Holy must be missing my cuddly self...

YEAH!!! More civilian deaths!!! WOOHOO fecken great!!

just bring it!

happy now psychos??:rolleyes: :wenger: