7 losses in 9 games

Raoul

Admin
Staff
We signed Smalling, Jones and Martial to long term contracts. Young and Mata have been given new short term contracts (Mata yet to accept). There is next to no sign that we will actually build a good enough team because we keep holding onto mediocre players. We will buy a superstar in the transfer that will take up most of the budget, leading us to haggle over prices on other positions leading to us missing out on a key player. This will then lead to an underwhelming season but still improvement. We will buy another superstar player for too much money and miss out on a key player. Ole will get thrown under the bus rinse and repeat.
These are largely the same group who finished 2nd. We obviously need more good players and the current lot to play to their potential.

Cypherage

As long as Ed Woodward & The Glazers remain in charge,then United will continue in this form,the club is a mess,you can change the manager,but it's the boardroom that needs changeing,until that happens,the United we see now,is what you will continue to get.

Last edited:

redshaw

Closer to 9.

We'll need Chelsea to score for us a this rate.

The contrast to now and when Ole took charge is quite something in terms of creating opportunities and goals scored.

There's been some defensive errors but we can't even get a decent shot away in many games.

Greck

Let it be on record that the poor run started before that buffoon Woodward made the appointment permanent. Think we had dropped 2 games or something. He had the benefit of hindsight to do a double take and ignored it. I wouldn't have him CEO a lemonade stand

NJM78

I fear it will be 8 in 10 soon and would not bet against Huddersfield, however crap they are still beating us. Think we might just beat Cardiff at home though, probably with a penalty.

If Ole had not done 8 wins from first 8 he would definitely not be keeping the job this summer.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Two other occasions we've done this post WWII were both in the Munich rebuilding years. The first in 1961-1962 is the only time we have lost 8 in 10 post WWII. The other was in 1962-1963.

ForestRGoinUp

Let it be on record that the poor run started before that buffoon Woodward made the appointment permanent. Think we had dropped 2 games or something. He had the benefit of hindsight to do a double take and ignored it. I wouldn't have him CEO a lemonade stand
The man has quite a knack for buying lemons.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Showing our vulnerabilities as a team and as coaching staff.

We played better under Jose, that says it all - as even that wasn’t good enough.
You're forgetting how shit it was under Mourinho this season. Was not in any way better under Mou. Everton was dreadful but that apart, it's been miles better. We played 1 game more under Ole in the league and have like 11 points more. Pretty significant.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
These are largely the same group who finished 2nd. We obviously need more good players and the current lot to play to their potential.
Matic and Lukaku were instrumental to finishing 2nd. Both players Ole wants to bin because they only fit a defensive system. Mou got a tune out of Ashley Young and Valencia who are finished. De Gea was also important in finishing 2nd, and he is a shadow of himself (probably not happy with new contract offer so is underperforming).

Not reinforcing properly in the summer killed us, because it deteriorated the squad. You have to keep on adding because it keeps players hungry and smoothes the transition between old and young players.

Ainu

It's an absolute nightmare at the moment, no doubt. There's no quick fix for this, only years of good planning and hard work can get us out of this mess and back at an elite level. Not sure how that's going to happen considering the geniuses that run this horror show.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
You're forgetting how shit it was under Mourinho this season. Was not in any way better under Mou. Everton was dreadful but that apart, it's been miles better. We played 1 game more under Ole in the league and have like 11 points more. Pretty significant.
That is why I said “even that wasn’t good enough”.

Ole gave us a bounce, we created more and took our chances. We’ve not done so on this run of 7 losses though, it’s just as bad a dip.

Players have nowhere to hide - but Ole is human and is learning on the spot, his hesitation to make changes is like Fred in the ball, dally on the spot and you will get caught out.

Womp

idiot
That gets lost on most of the shit posts at the moment. This is a bloke that walked into a team with no cohesion, no fitness, no style, no temperament and got them performing like a unit and winning games.

These results reflect more on the previous two managers and their woeful investment in our squad then the current one.
Ah yes, the old 'the great early form is down to him, but he's not at fault for the terrible form'. Classic, if I say so myself.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I'm seeing a lot of fans excusing Ole for narrow/unlucky defeats but at the same time giving him credit for lucky smash-and-grab victories - can't have your cake and eat it too.

ForestRGoinUp

I'm seeing a lot of fans excusing Ole for narrow/unlucky defeats but at the same time giving him credit for lucky smash-and-grab victories - can't have your cake and eat it too.
Even though they have nothing to lose, being that we're on a message board, they're still too insecure to admit to their own ignorance.

Kaglish10

Matic was our best player last year but has gone AWOL this season. The midfield is the engine room but once it collapses, there's little we could do. We can't also help the fact that Lukaku has bulked up on the previously non-agile body he's got, which has now even worsen his play.

Chairman Steve

This seasons been pretty much doomed even before it began. Those miserable pre season press conferences really foreshadowed the season to come.

MrSingh2002

If he can get us playing better once then he can do it again, especially with better players who fit his profile.
I hope new signings make a difference. We need leaders on the pitch. We seem to have way too many weak minded players.

Kaglish10

If I we were to be honest to ourselves, we would realise this was bound to happen as soon as we meet a good team. Most of our best runs under Ole was against relegation candidates. We were terrible against Leicester while de gea saved us against Spurs.

The only decent opposition we looked good against were the inconsistent Chelsea and Arsenal who have yet to deploy a 3-man defence to help to cover Xhaka flaws in the midfield. Hence, it was only a matter of time before the floodgates would open, considering the shite form of our saviour, de gea is.

bosnian_red

I hope new signings make a difference. We need leaders on the pitch. We seem to have way too many weak minded players.
Just take a deep breath and look at the situation. Did you seriously expect anything out of Barcelona in 2 games or against City? We can grind out results occasionally as we did in the first 2 months under his tenure, but just look at our players. Fergie's back up CB's from when he retired are our starting CBs basically. Our starting right back is Fergie's back up winger when he retired. Our midfield is a mess whatever way you look at it and 1-2 years from now, none of them will be here starting for us. Our attack has no right winger and we use promising young players for the other 2 attacking positions. They just aren't that good.
Different mentalities wouldn't bridge the skill gap to both City and Barcelona, which is significant.

MrSingh2002

Just take a deep breath and look at the situation. Did you seriously expect anything out of Barcelona in 2 games or against City? We can grind out results occasionally as we did in the first 2 months under his tenure, but just look at our players. Fergie's back up CB's from when he retired are our starting CBs basically. Our starting right back is Fergie's back up winger when he retired. Our midfield is a mess whatever way you look at it and 1-2 years from now, none of them will be here starting for us. Our attack has no right winger and we use promising young players for the other 2 attacking positions. They just aren't that good.
I didn't expect us to beat Barcelona over two legs. I was alarmed by Ole's team selections though. To play Shaw as a centreback for the first him in his career against the Barca front 3. In the 2nd leg to drop Lukaku when he saved us against PSG was baffling. I'm not impressed with his starting 11s or his substitutions and chopping and changing formations.

Not enough of a plan for me. You can't play games with only one tactic of counter attacking. He's been found out at the moment and if he thinks the Man United of old was just a counter attacking team then he's doing his old gaffer a disservice. We controlled many games from start to finish boxing teams in their own 18 yard box.

We have never come close to controlling games yet even when we've won.

Celoti23-81

I didn't expect us to beat Barcelona over two legs. I was alarmed by Ole's team selections though. To play Shaw as a centreback for the first him in his career against the Barca front 3. In the 2nd leg to drop Lukaku when he saved us against PSG was baffling. I'm not impressed with his starting 11s or his substitutions and chopping and changing formations.

Not enough of a plan for me. You can't play games with only one tactic of counter attacking. He's been found out at the moment and if he thinks the Man United of old was just a counter attacking team then he's doing his old gaffer a disservice. We controlled many games from start to finish boxing teams in their own 18 yard box.

Spot on.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I just can’t wait to see the back of pretty much every player in our squad right now. Just feel emptiness towards everything about the club at the moment.

On a lighter note, this cracked me up.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW

Spot on mate. You’re talking absolute sense here.

Seven defeats in nine must down amongst the worst runs of form in our history. It's very grim right now, but, miraculously we can still get a Champions League place. What matters is the re-build, starting this summer. In Ole we trust.

bosnian_red

We have controlled plenty of games under Ole, though mainly at the start before everyone got injured and realized they aren't fit enough to play how he wanted on a regular basis. Against City, Barcelona, obviously not. Since then we've lost a lot of form and the other performances havent been great, but he needs time to turn the squad around.

And so fecking what if you dont agree with all his starting 11s or tactics. The home game against Barca wasnt even that bad, we conceded basically no chances but also created very little against a vastly superior side. Who did we have in alternative? Would you prefer starting Smalling and Jones in CB against Messi if we put Shaw at left back? For what it's worth, the tactic largely did work anyway, so feck knows why you're complaining so much for that. Would you prefer a standard 433 where we try to dominate Barca but get thumped at Old Trafford because they have vastly superior players in every single position on the pitch? You adapt when you are the lesser team.
Hes chopped and changed formations just like every manager ever has done when results havent gone their way.

It basically sounds like you expected or wanted miracles out of him and will complain for everything else. Overall since his appointment (you cant ignore the shit form but you also can't ignore the good form), we're still "the 3rd best side" which is the absolute peak of what these current players can give. Not to mention that it was a different situation 3 months ago compared to now, where its obvious Herrera is gone, when De Gea has probably decided he wants out, and when Pogba has probably decided he wants out. We have to change our lineup, players aren't as motivated or injuries caught up with them, and at the end of the day, Ole is using a horribly balanced squad that needs complete replacing anyway.

If you think the following squad is better then simply fighting for 4th with Arsenal and Chelsea, then by all means, keep whinging. You're deluded if you think that though, and before Ole came in, we picked up 27 points in 16 games under Mourinho after he was here for a full 2 seasons prior. Give Ole at least a summer window to buy and sell some players.

De Gea, Romero
Young, Shaw, Dalot, darmian
Smalling, lindelof, Jones, rojo, bailly
Pogba, fred, mctominay, matic, Herrera, Pereira
Mata, lingard, martial, rashford, Sanchez, Lukaku

You can probably take half of them at most as players who will be here in a year or 2 regardless of manager in charge. So yeah, this summer is important. People have differing opinions on if Ole is the right person to oversee the transition, that is fair. Whatever the case, I don't think Pochettino was going to come to United anyway, so it was going to be a punt whoever we went after. We'll see how it goes, and next season will be fair to criticize if we dont improve. But right now? Not having that.

fallengt

5 goals, two of which were pen and 18 goals conceded.
Mourinho must be laughing his arse off right now

clarkydaz

It annoys me that we never boo at the final whistle.

Support and encourage throughout the game, but if we're talking about reality checks for players, 30 seconds or so of letting them know how unacceptable this is wouldn't be the worst thing.

Soulless vanilla ice cream club atm.
get yourself down on Sunday and lead the way