80's Rock ballads/Love songs etc.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
So a mate of mine from work is a DJ/Producer has released a few dance songs or whatever but sometimes he DJ's for parties/weddings etc. and as you can imagine, has (or had) and extensive library of all types of music, well over 300GB anyways. So his external HDD got corrupted and he lots all his shit.
I felt sorry for him and offered to help him 'aquire' some of the stuff he lost.

Anyways, he asked me to get him 80's hits and I did. I am now listening to them and invoking some serious nostalgia and I've also came to the conclusion that 80's music, especially the power ballads (and the like) pisses all over today's 'music'. feck you kids and your hippity hop and you trancy techno or you gay hipster indie music and your emo, kill yourself depressing radiohead.
None of it even slightly compares to 80's music, or even 70's/60's for that matter.

I feel sad for you all.

The Don

Disgusting choice of forum from TDon.
Oh yeah, there's an entertainment forum isn't there, shit, I keep forgetting about that place. Does anybody even go in there, anyways?

Maybe one of the kind mods will move it for me.

Hectic will probably infract me twice, once for posting in the wrong forum and once for slagging hip hop :lol::nervous:

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Have to agree with OP. *insert generic youtube comment saying how I'm not from that time, but I still listen to it, blah blah*

Love Through the Barricades, pity that video won't work on iPods:(

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Total Eclipse of the Heart is another great song. May have already been postedx but half the videos in here don't work for me.

The Don

Doesnt work on the iPhone dude. Have had this before with YouTube videos. Half the videos in this thread don't work for me.
:(

Total Eclipse of the Heart is another great song. May have already been postedx but half the videos in here don't work for me.
Is a cracker, the literal music video to total eclipse is fecking awesome too, as is 'The Dan band' version.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The 80's had some truly brilliant music but power ballads weren't where it was found.