A caretaker manager

Lee565

Knowing this inept club they will give it to either fletcher, phelan or carrick

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Never thought it would come to this, but it does feel as if we have surpassed the point where Ole can even survive as a lame duck manager. It’s either the replacement or an outside caretaker.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We're now at a stage where it would be beneficial for us to go the interim route, because it might open up the possibility for players like Donny, Elanga, Hannibal, Amad, Sancho etc. Because currently Solskjaer is in self preservation mode which is not good for the club imo.

Last edited:

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
We're now at a stage where it would be beneficial for us to go the interim route, because it might open the possibility for players like Donny, Elanga, Hannibal, Amad, Sancho etc. Because currently Solskjaer is in self preservation mode which is not good for the club imo.
How are Amad, Elanga and Hannibal going to get games when the league is barely 11 games old and the team being at the top of champions league stage? They have more competition for the forward slots than ever with Ronaldo, Cavani, Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho, Martial and Lingard all in line for one of the 2/3 spots with Bruno and Pogba for the attacking midfield positions. Even Donny can barely get a kick these days.

tomaldinho1

As much as Wenger would be weird, he’d get this team playing some beautiful stuff. At least it’d be worth watching until the summer when we bring someone else in unlike whatever it is we now do under Ole.

Irwin99

A caretaker could be a good solution really. Make it very clear that this will be a temporary appointment until the end of the season while a proper search can be conducted. No repeat of last time or the 'we will carry out a full and extensive search for a suitable manager' and then just give it to someone on the back of a famous win. It's important for the club to plan.

Ranger2d

At this point I would take Frank Lampard until the end of the season

Adnan

Talent Spotter
How are Amad, Elanga and Hannibal going to get games when the league is barely 11 games old and the team being at the top of champions league stage? They have more competition for the forward slots than ever with Ronaldo, Cavani, Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho, Martial and Lingard all in line for one of the 2/3 spots with Bruno and Pogba for the attacking midfield positions. Even Donny can barely get a kick these days.
Getting minutes isn't difficult for some of the above if we attempt to play football through the lines in a proactive manner. And for that you need technically capable players like Hannibal who imo should be getting minutes off the bench rather than see us persevere with McTominay or Fred. But that's not gonna happen unless Solskjaer is relieved of his duties and we change our mindset.

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
As much as Wenger would be weird, he’d get this team playing some beautiful stuff. At least it’d be worth watching until the summer when we bring someone else in unlike whatever it is we now do under Ole.
For gods sake man this is ridiculous. He's had his hay day and took Arsenal to where they are now.

izec

Blanc or Rangnick, still the same guys i wanted last week. Both are free.

Caretaker obviously, not 3 year contract. Give them til the end of the season and see how it goes.

Yakuza_devils

This is the most sensible solution because of no world class manager available now unless Zidane is willing to come.

End of the season maybe easier for us to get long term manager.

buchansleftleg

If we can't get Rangnick I'd even consider Martin O'Neil.

I know he doesn't have an amazing reputation, but his analysis of how to beat opposition and reading of midfield battles is just what this team needs.

He'd make a difference in coaching and tactics and would shore up our leaky midfield.

jamesjimmybyrondean

How about Blanc as caretaker to replace Ole then VDS in the summer to replace Woodward and bring in Ten Hag. They have the United DNA we've become obsessed with and are also actually adequate at their job

SamVimes

Get Blanc in as caretaker. Well respected and knows how to win.
Blanc is not well respected. There is a reason why he hasn't had a job in years. Rashford, Sancho, Martial etc. would have issue with him being hired.

tomaldinho1

For gods sake man this is ridiculous. He's had his hay day and took Arsenal to where they are now.
I need to have a word with myself to be honest, just desperate to see Ole gone. Blanc is an obvious choice. Maybe Jardim as he’ll put the pressing basics in place.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Get Blanc in as caretaker. Well respected and knows how to win.
Apparently he was our first choice for caretaker when Mourinho was sacked, but he said he'd only take the job on a permanent basis. So unless that's changed, I can't see him coming in.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Blanc is not well respected. There is a reason why he hasn't had a job in years. Rashford, Sancho, Martial etc. would have issue with him being hired.
As caretaker I dont think they would mind. I do wonder why Blanc has not really managed much in the top leagues since PSG. He did a good job there.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
Give it to Gary Neville till the end of the season. At least we’ll spare him from all the squirming about when asked whether we should sack the manager.

SirAF

Ageist
Give it to Gary Neville till the end of the season. At least we’ll spare him from all the squirming about when asked whether we should sack the manager.
Give it Giggsy ‘til the end of the season.

MagooDad

Henrik Larsson got sacked from Barcelona (and Helsingborg). We need some new (Nordic) blood to mix things up ;)

fergosaurus

I wouldn't turn my nose up at Wenger. Sure, he played a part in Arsenal's demise but he had his hands tied with the owners. He's an excellent coach who would get this group of talented players playing to a much higher standard than we're currently seeing. He's also won the most FA Cups of any manager in history, which is all we have left to play for, along with top four, realistically.

There could also be some epic AFTV meltdowns which would be amusing. He wouldn't be my first choice but we don't have a plethora of options to choose from to fill the gap until the summer. I'd much rather him than some of the dross that have been mentioned.

Teja

None of these names are promising :lol:

Come on Caf, please give me some hope. Find a hipster manager who happens to be out of a job.