Aaron Ramsdale

Idxomer

Or it might actually be the opposite, anyway something is wrong with the way he goes down to save shots.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Never been impressed with his actual keeping. Good on the deck though and pulls off the odd wonder save.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
As a keeper (stop laughing, former teammates) myself (before I started to fall apart due to age!), I think he's one of the reasons Arsenal have improved so dramatically over the past 18 months. No idea why people here can't see how he's steadied their defence and improved their confidence (as a complete opposite to DDG).

It's beyond me why Arsenal want Raya... or why he'd want to go there when he's not 100% guaranteed to start

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
As a keeper (stop laughing, former teammates) myself (before I started to fall apart due to age!), I think he's one of the reasons Arsenal have improved so dramatically over the past 18 months. No idea why people here can't see how he's steadied their defence and improved their confidence (as a complete opposite to DDG).

It's beyond me why Arsenal want Raya... or why he'd want to go there when he's not 100% guaranteed to start
He 100% made a massive difference to Arsenal last season because he is a modern keeper who is confident enough to play out from the back. But he’s also nowhere near good enough for an elite team, pretty poor shot stopper, despite his confidence he’s not actually the best passer. Raya would likely come in as competition but would relegate Ramsdale to the bench in no time I imagine as he’s a very good keeper. Oh and forgot to mention Ramsdale is a massive gobshite who looks like a cnut.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Arsenal were initially interested in Raya last time they needed a goalkeeper, but they moved on to Ramsdale when the move didn't happen.

And last season at least Raya outperformed Ramsdale by pretty much every relevant statistical measure I can see.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Raya has only one year left in his contract. I don't believe Edu will spend 40m for a backup goal keeper. It also depends if Turner is going to leave for Forest.

Chief123

Arsenal fans were raving about him being a baller last season and now he’s getting dumped off. Probably be sold next summer.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Aaron Ramsdale to Saudi Arabia in 2026?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Apparently the goalkeeper coach is close with Raya. The stats paint a poor picture. A team that wants to press and keep possession will be so much better with Raya and he has Ramsdale beaten in almost every department.

They will say it’s for healthy competition, but he must be gutted. He would have assumed he was part of this project and ready to start the season as number one. He is doomed to finish the season on the bench now and it’s come out of nowhere.

Davie Moyes

Thanks for posting. Great read and that's totally changed my perception of what I thought he might be like. In fact he's totally the opposite.

Seems his sort of joker act is how he deals with things.

I'd rather they don't sign Raya now just for the reason he stays their No 1 because of all the disappointments he's faced.

padzilla

Hipster
Thanks for posting. Great read and that's totally changed my perception of what I thought he might be like. In fact he's totally the opposite.

Seems his sort of joker act is how he deals with things.

I'd rather they don't sign Raya now just for the reason he stays their No 1 because of all the disappointments he's faced.
Yeah I've an awful lot of time for him after reading that and feel a bit silly for thinking he was just another vapid celebrity footballer.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Got a lot of time for him after reading that, my fiancée and I suffered similar grief and it is awful. Hopefully he keeps performing well, just not against us :smirk:

redcucumber

Predictable response to the article.
All bets are off after Henderson to be fair.

Great article. Makes me feel for him that he's about to be replaced but he's clearly made of the right stuff that he'll bounce back and land on his feet.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Another reason people who go on social media to abuse players are shitty people.
I also have little respect for ex -pros who go on TV and shit in players like they have never played before.

Oranges038

Got a lot of time for him after reading that, my fiancée and I suffered similar grief and it is awful. Hopefully he keeps performing well, just not against us :smirk:
I hear you, it's awful. I read it yesterday and even the circumstances of when and where it happened too just seemed like it made it even an even worse experience for them.

Pronewbie

Peep
Felt like I was swimming against the tide 2 seasons ago when I was annoyed by how horribly overrated Ramsdale was, and had to dissect why some apparent wonder saves of his weren't really all that.. Ironically, I now feel like people are overreacting because he's most certainly improved albeit with some way to go.

The Raya rumours make me wonder if he's possibly the sort of personality that needs stiff competition to excel.

redcucumber

It's a very dumb connection to make, given that Ramsdale is mentioning this because of his brother. Unless the assumption is that Ramsdale is using his brother for clout (which is dumb to assume without evidence)
Don't think it's that deep yoof. The insanity of what's happening with Saudi is a weird situation worthy of a light-hearted barb or two.

OverratedOpinion

I took a dislike to him when he celebrated a penalty that was put wide as if he'd made some incredible save
Is that not just celebrating a good moment for his team? If Rashford celebrates a penalty not going in despite not saving it is that an issue?

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Is that not just celebrating a good moment for his team? If Rashford celebrates a penalty not going in despite not saving it is that an issue?
it was the way he did it mate. It went beyond a relief celebration and became a 'I am the fecking man' celebration where he celebrates in Bruno's face. The fella is a bit of a bell end IMO

go to 2 minutes 27 here

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
When you look at how many unreal comments there have been from Arsenal supporters on various online media you would think he is the worst keeper in the world, which he is not at all. He has some legitimate strengths.

I have heard the guy speak away from the immediate club environment and he just always sounds like a normal guy trying to find his way...he is actually a little awkward even, you expect him to add a joke in, and he doesn't know what to say. Unfortunately, the Ramsdale story is not in isolation. I had enough of some of the supporters on Arsenal boards be it after Martinelli, Holding, Rams,Xhaka etc.. I wonder sometimes if these keyboard warriors are actually supporters. It's expected when it is rival fans but it is hard to stomach your own. In the end that portion of the supporters is small, but they are annoyingly loud.

Anyway, back on Rams, and everyone else, we only get a small glimpse of their personalities but we need to understand there is a Ramsdale on the pitch and one off the pitch and our limited opinions based on the former may not at all apply to the latter.