Aaron Ramsdale

CoopersDream

As a keeper (stop laughing, former teammates) myself (before I started to fall apart due to age!), I think he's one of the reasons Arsenal have improved so dramatically over the past 18 months. No idea why people here can't see how he's steadied their defence and improved their confidence (as a complete opposite to DDG).
I think his impact is overstated. I think it's more about the team improving rather than any direct influence of Ramsdale. His best attribute is his confidence, but he's pretty average with the ball, average in the air and at best an average shot stopper. I guess he's pretty good at sweeping. I might be wrong, but I feel Arsenal's uptick in form are down to a lot of their players stepping up, as well as getting good players to join them.

Last edited:

ShinjiNinja26

Weren’t Arsenal fans hyping this cnut up last season saying he was top quality and should be England’s no.1? What happened? Seems like the club want an upgrade on him already after just one season. Which of course is beneficial for Arsenal but is unfortunate for the rest of us who were hoping they’d stick with him for years to come.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Weren’t Arsenal fans hyping this cnut up last season saying he was top quality and should be England’s no.1? What happened? Seems like the club want an upgrade on him already after just one season. Which of course is beneficial for Arsenal but is unfortunate for the rest of us who were hoping they’d stick with him for years to come.
You don't have to be an Arsenal fan to think England could do better than Pickford.

ShinjiNinja26

You don't have to be an Arsenal fan to think England could do better than Pickford.
True, there’s no arguments there but I do remember him being praised heavily by Arsenal fans last season so what happened? I personally don’t rate him highly at all but for the club to be looking to upgrade after a season something must be wrong. Raya isn’t being brought in to be a back up, not for that type of money and also the fact he’s a superior keeper to Ramsdale anyway.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
He made a mistake but he made couple good saves as well. He is a bit rusty without game time.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
Horrible mistake and I thought that was our title challenge gone. Thought he was ok otherwise, but you could see how he's digressed without game time. Definitely doesn't have the confidence of the team.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Horrible mistake and I thought that was our title challenge gone. Thought he was ok otherwise, but you could see how he's digressed without game time. Definitely doesn't have the confidence of the team.
Yeah think he digressed to his other favourite golf judging from all that dithering, unfortunately :(

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah think he digressed to his other favourite golf judging from all that dithering, unfortunately :(
It must be hard when you're not playing to keep engaged and focused. I think he probably lacks the professionalism or maturity at this level. Amazing that Arteta has got this one right; so many people were questioning why he made the change.