Aaron Ramsdale

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Does this guy know what shot stopping is? Hope he gets exposed for the fraud he is next season. One of the worst performances by a goal keeper in an England shirt that I’ve seen in ages. Rob Green, Scott Carson levels of bad but he’s gotten zero backlash. I realise those two made mistakes in bigger stakes matches but my god, apart from claiming crosses, I don’t know what he does well. His kicking is appalling too.

Last edited:

Flexdegea

Does this guy know what shot stopping is? Hope he gets exposed for the fraud he is next season. One of the worst performances by a goal keeper in an England shirt that I’ve seen in ages. Rob Green, Scott Carson levels of bad but he’s gotten zero backlash. I realise those two made mistakes in brighter stakes matches but my god, apart from claiming crosses, I don’t know what he does well. His kicking is appalling too.

He waves his hands about and shouts a bit,......woeful keeper, Arsenal men convinced themselves he's best in the league :lol:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Does this guy know what shot stopping is? Hope he gets exposed for the fraud he is next season. One of the worst performances by a goal keeper in an England shirt that I’ve seen in ages. Rob Green, Scott Carson levels of bad but he’s gotten zero backlash. I realise those two made mistakes in brighter stakes matches but my god, apart from claiming crosses, I don’t know what he does well. His kicking is appalling too.
Someone posted a table of PL goalkeepers shot-stopping in the first and second half of last season (expected saves or something like that) His second half form was the worst in the league, bar none.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Goalkeeper metrics are pretty trash in general but many people in the analytics world say that this guy has designed the most sophisticated performance models (at least among publicly available data, not proprietary stuff held by teams) and they tell a much more positive story about Ramsdale's shot stopping and overall contribution.

Alisson is basically a monster and probably one of the most valuable players in the PL if the metrics are close to accurate.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I said it back in April that he's not a very good shot stopper and enjoyed 6 months of great form, but has regressed back to his mean since then.

He's definitely good at distribution though, but as a shot stopper I don't think he's average. Leno is pretty much the opposite.

Martinez also had a terrible season goalkeeping wise before people question why they sold him.

edcunited1878

Henderson isn’t better than him and pickford?
Henderson is better than Ramsdale, however he lost a year of development which has put him behind Ramsdale...although it shouldn't be too big of a hill for Henderson to climb.

Henderson can get to Pickford's level with consistent play at a decent level. But problem is, Henderson has only 1 top flight season under him, while Ramsdale has at least a few consecutive ones. And Pickford has been a mainstay for Everton for five or six seasons now.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Henderson is better than Ramsdale, however he lost a year of development which has put him behind Ramsdale...although it shouldn't be too big of a hill for Henderson to climb.

Henderson can get to Pickford's level with consistent play at a decent level. But problem is, Henderson has only 1 top flight season under him, while Ramsdale has at least a few consecutive ones. And Pickford has been a mainstay for Everton for five or six seasons now.
Henderson needs to find a club he can play regularly. He is better than no one sitting on the bench right now.

edcunited1878

Henderson needs to find a club he can play regularly. He is better than no one sitting on the bench right now.
Obviously, yes. Goes back to the point that Ramsdale went ahead in the pecking order because Henderson didn't play last season. Once Henderson plays regularly and at a decent, mid-table team in the PL, he'll stabilize and most likely ascend above Ramsdale. In a World Cup run up, with a goal keeping committee not so clear aside from Pickford, Henderson and other players really need to make sure they are a regular if they can help it or embrace their role and make an impact.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I can’t trust players who say they have no interest in football. I think he struggled to name another goalkeeper once and said “I heard the Barcelona goalkeeper is good”

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
He had a good start but not a great end.

Needs to find that starting form again and start to keep it consistently.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
That was a performance straight out of his early days at Sheffield United.

For a GK he's super inconsistent without actually making a lot of noticeable errors which is odd.

Good at Bournemouth, went to Sheff Utd and was awful for half a season and then much better 2nd half. Joins Arsenal and is unbelievable to begin with and then falls off towards the end of the campaign.

IceManFtw

Pickford's our best keeper, which is saying summat as he's absolute shite

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Henderson helped Sheffield United to be a stable defence.

They replaced him with Ramsdale and went down.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
That was a performance straight out of his early days at Sheffield United.

For a GK he's super inconsistent without actually making a lot of noticeable errors which is odd.

Good at Bournemouth, went to Sheff Utd and was awful for half a season and then much better 2nd half. Joins Arsenal and is unbelievable to begin with and then falls off towards the end of the campaign.
He makes quite a few noticeable errors. His positioning on crosses is poor, he lacks the judgement to sweep behind the last defender and he's liable for a brainfart with the ball at his feet.

All said, the truth is somewhere in the middle, which is that he's an average to middling good keeper. I'd say his shot stopping and ability to find a player with a long forward ball is what has kept him in Arteta's team, pretty much. I doubt he'd last the whole season if he had good competition on the bench.

Varane around town

I can't work out why the three best English 'Keepers are all clones of each other.

Henderson, Pickford and Ramsdale... they all shout a lot. They all show everyone that they really care and they get really annoyed when their defence let them down. They are all good with their feet but suspect in all other areas.

For what it's worse I rate Ramsdale the lowest out of those three. When I went to watch us at the Emirates I was sat next to the goal. I could not believe how much time Ramsdale spent interacting with the (home) crowd.

NB: Every single Sheffield United fan I've spoken to would want Henderson over Ramsdale.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
England hasn't produced a top, top keeper for a long time.

Not one of the current candidates seems to be anything special either.

Hyped up to feck, as per usual - but the probability of Ramsdale/Pickford/Henderson/whoever ending up in the Joe Hart category (good at best - definitely not great) is considerable.

Pughnichi

Really wanting this guy to get the nod ahead of Pickford at the World Cup. Perhaps too late but surely he’s a more reliable option. Don’t understand why persevere with JP…he’s an accident waiting to happen

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Really wanting this guy to get the nod ahead of Pickford at the World Cup. Perhaps too late but surely he’s a more reliable option. Don’t understand why persevere with JP…he’s an accident waiting to happen
Nick Pope better than both

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Christ no. Pope please. Otherwise Pickford will do.

Rodgerzzz

Don't disagree although Big Gareth does enjoy a bit of Pickford and his distribution by all accounts has been beneficial. He always seems to pick his game up in an England shirt as well and has a lot of tournament experience on his side now. I know what you mean though, you always feel like he's about to do something absolutely mental :lol:

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
He’s fecking shite. As the poster above mentioned. Pope is England’s best keeper but Gareth won’t pick him because Gareth.

mu4c_20le

Put some respect on his name

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He always turns up for England too tbf. Will take some special form for rams or deano to take his spot.
Was this before or after his shambolic performance for England against Hungary?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He seems really cocky so it’s always nice to watch him get humbled.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

The way he jumped over one of Sporting's penalties, and waited for another one to go in before he started diving :lol: I know De Gea isn't known for his penalty saving but at least hes a good shot stopper. If Ramsdale didn't have good distribution then he'd be a Championship keeper.

Abraxas

DeGea esque on pens. Never really looked like doing much despite getting near stuff.