Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Milo2035

He's always been good at getting out of tight spaces, I don’t really get the shock from some. We've seen that level of performance from him before.

Think its been incorrectly decided he's rubbish at everything when really his only(although its a big one) real weakness is that he can't pass it further than 20 yard.
Reminds me of Valencia. Both are very technical but people just refuse to believe it because they look too "stiff" for a RB and can't cross.

El Jefe

I'm expecting to read loads of apologies in here for those that have said he's championship quality and spewed hate for the last two years.

Frank White

Was class throughout and that dribble was stunning, get him playing like that every game and does stop the need to splash the big money on a RB with Dalot finding some very good form too.

Red-17

He's always been good at getting out of tight spaces, I don’t really get the shock from some. We've seen that level of performance from him before.

Think its been incorrectly decided he's rubbish at everything when really his only(although its a big one) real weakness is that he can't pass it further than 20 yard.
Which is why he looks like a new player when he is in a system where the passing options are more well defined rather than relying on improvisation so much as we have done in the last 5 years. Just about any premier league footballer can execute any reasonably difficulty pass when they know where to look first, second, and third for their outlets rather than having to interpret everything in front of them fresh every time they receive the ball.

Kyle Walker is not anything special as a passer either, and I don't think anyone would have called it a strength of his when he was at Spurs, yet he constantly makes important passes at City because he knows his role in the system.

Andersons Dietician

So he can see a striker free in the 6byard box and he just stands watching him and says ah he's not my man?

You defend inside out. If a man is free you slide in and if the now new free man at the back posts scores so be it. You can allow a free man in the middle.
I used to play in a 5 aside team that had the same attitude where the defenders would just let someone waltz through because it wasn’t “their man” they’d be man marking someone who was of no danger and just let someone have a free shot.

I agree with you, Bissaka has to go to the immediate danger/biggest threat. He does that and makes the right decision. Too many people don’t use common sense when it comes to these things.

Marwood

Which is why he looks like a new player when he is in a system where the passing options are more well defined rather than relying on improvisation so much as we have done in the last 5 years. Just about any premier league footballer can execute any reasonably difficulty pass when they know where to look first, second, and third for their outlets rather than having to interpret everything in front of them fresh every time they receive the ball.

Kyle Walker is not anything special as a passer either, and I don't think anyone would have called it a strength of his when he was at Spurs, yet he constantly makes important passes at City because he knows his role in the system.
He looks a new player compared to last season. But today we've seen before in his first two seasons. I've probably seen him play even better against City.

But yeah having players close to him really helps.

facund

It's amazing what a difference confidence can have, hopefully he can keep building from here.

The previous two seasons he looked like he had already shat his pants before the ball reached him.

Delano

Fair play to him. Had one foot out the door at one point and he's obviously worked massively on his game.

Brilliant today.

Red-17

He looks a new player compared to last season. But today we've seen before in his first two seasons. I've probably seen him play even better against City.

But yeah having players close to him really helps.
Agreed, I also think we did have a half decent system in place his first two seasons especially in a lot of those City games, and last season was a team that looked like they turned up to the match having met for the first time in the parking lot beforehand. He is not the only player who looks miles better when not trying to improvise with every pass. Heck even McTominay who is a very limited player - more so than AWB - has looked quite decent under ETH and at times under Ole when we had a solid plan in place.

jem

Fair play to him. Had one foot out the door at one point and he's obviously worked massively on his game.

Brilliant today.
Completely agree. I actually hope we don't sell him. I think it massively benefits the team to have quality backup at all positions. City have had it over the year, and I've always felt jealous.

ChaddyP

Honestly, when he pirouetted past three city players in about the 65th minute its like it sparked us back to life, We suddenly remembered we were fecking good at football

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Honestly, when he pirouetted past three city players in about the 65th minute its like it sparked us back to life, We suddenly remembered we were fecking good at football
And his shot that turned to a corner

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I'm expecting to read loads of apologies in here for those that have said he's championship quality and spewed hate for the last two years.
Yeah man. AWB is the shit, not shit... and it's been like that, really has. Except one season where everyone was trash. I'm not having this 'never seen before magical turnaround mind blown' sentiments.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Not a big fan of AWB and wasn't even before he signed for us but credit where credit is due...he was fantastic today and has been very good of late too.

Playing for a move? Maybe but we can't afford to sell him really.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
So he can see a striker free in the 6byard box and he just stands watching him and says ah he's not my man?

You defend inside out. If a man is free you slide in and if the now new free man at the back posts scores so be it. You can allow a free man in the middle.
:lol: :lol: :lol: You've clearly never played at any sort of level

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I’ve always had something for him.
Glad he is back.

His dribbling and passing under pressure has always been underrated.

Ekeke

WTF has happened. Has he stole Roberto Baggio's soul or something?
Its called confidence. He looked shot of it last season, and at the start of it this season but since he came back and got the chance he's looked confident again

Bert_

Its called confidence. He looked shot of it last season, and at the start of it this season but since he came back and got the chance he's looked confident again
For sure. But going forward he's looks better than ever last few games! Never seen him confidently take on players like he has done recently.

Tony247

I think I remember saying some time back if ETH improves AWB then that would be a miracle. I think we are in verge of seeing that.

One with Maguire is still out of reach it seems.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I've always liked him and defended him but it looked like his heart wasn’t in it for too long. He’s a really decent player. As I said in the Dalot thread. We don’t need a right back. Especially with Laird still knocking around too. Unless someone really world class and gettable emerges it’s not a priority.

Long Time Red

You genuinely think you leave a striker unmarked in the middle of the box and stay and mark your winger? You're nuts
Utterly bizarre, he wants to blame Wan-Bissaka for not marking "his man" when he only reacts to Varane leaving his man if you're actually supposed to be marking man for man in that situation.

He did the right thing in that situation, you have to defend as a team and deal with the biggest imminent threat/danger.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He was always pretty good at keeping the ball, short passing etc. It's just he rarely is a threat, so I can't see him starting over Dalot/whoever plays on RB next season regularly. He's perfect for that sort of games though.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
His performance today makes those claiming that Messi is officially the best ever look daft.

Longshanks

Great performance don't think he put a foot wrong. Could of he have done better for the goal? Maybe but I think it would be harsh.

Really good ball retention and he even played some good purposeful passes on occasion.

jesperjaap

I thought he was good. he's obviously great with his 1 v 1 defending, but I can't ignore the fact that his man scored the goal He was better at picking up off the ball runs today (did Foden even play) but didn't pick up Grealish. Definitely better though. A solid 6 or 7 out of 10 today but the other defenders were all better
Personally disagree, he was out numbered and tried to react to Haaland instread of Grealish which was the right deciosion despite the result

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Personally disagree, he was out numbered and tried to react to Haaland instread of Grealish which was the right deciosion despite the result
Agreed, there's no blame to attach for the goals, sometimes it's just down to the brilliance of the oppositions play

sport2793

Agree with this, AWB had to track 2 players and chose the one nearest to goal, not sure what more he could have done there.

Status
Not open for further replies.