Squad Number: #29
Contract Until: Jun 30, 2024
Contract Option: Club Option 1 year
Outfitter: Adidas​

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Didn't realize he was still on his original contract. Big season coming up for him.

Litch

Who would ever have thought this guy is a proper footballer.

criticalanalysis

Anything less than 10 goals and I'd be disappointed from him this season. Can't be playing our dedicated hybrid rb/cf position if he can't produce.

Marwood

Looking very good in pre season. Some real confidence about him.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
All these professional youtubers always putting Dalot on the next season starting XI makes me laugh.

suheilsworld

ETH has transformed him and surely AWB has done lot of work on himself. Man looks a different player. Very comfortable on the ball. I’m hoping a big season for him and he’s my punt on 4.5m defender on fpl

georgipep

ETH has transformed him and surely AWB has done lot of work on himself. Man looks a different player. Very comfortable on the ball. I’m hoping a big season for him and he’s my punt on 4.5m defender on fpl
Now let's hope he improves his passing and we have a true competition at RB.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Let's wait for actual season to begin before gloating .
Let’s see, there’s plenty time for me to be both right or wrong.

Some fans can only appreciate an attacking fullback that puts fan visibility enduring crosses - what Wan Bissaka brings by making a whole Side of the pitch near negligible to an opposition is just very underrated among certain fans to both a team and a manager.

He nearly provides everything of both a defensive full back & an attacking fullback except the final delivery of an accurate cross/shot &/or occasionally getting beat further up the pitch where he doesn’t rush to make up for the loss.

Other than that I have seen him improve/be good in : his dribbling, his progressive passes being Paced and either straight or further from feet, his skill, his ability to beat himself outside tight areas, ball retention, his back of the post defending (was very weak at this), his defensive heading, consistent amazing goal line clearing body blocks whilst already being the world’s best unquestionable 1v1 defender.

I’ve seen enough world class performances against world class players where the world class attacker could have all day and wouldn’t get past Wan Bissaka that month - Mbappe, Mane, Grealish, Mitoma, Neymar and many more.

I rate Dalot though and what he brings to the team- which is different to AWB and that is why dalot is useful to Manchester United.
Want to place a friendly wager that Dalot will play more minutes than AWB when both are fit?
Sure!
:drool:

Last edited:

Greck

Want to place a friendly wager that Dalot will play more minutes than AWB when both are fit?
"Is now officially, without a doubt, indubitably ahead of Dalot", Every bump for the past 6 months.

georgipep

Let’s see, there’s plenty time for me to be both right or wrong.

Some fans can only appreciate an attacking fullback that puts fan visibility enduring crosses - what Wan Bissaka brings by making a whole Side of the pitch near negligible to an opposition is just very underrated among certain fans to both a team and a manager.

He nearly provides everything of both a defensive full back & an attacking fullback except the final delivery of an accurate cross/shot &/or occasionally getting beat further up the pitch where he doesn’t rush to make up for the loss.

Other than that I have seen him improve/be good in : his dribbling, his progressive passes being Paced and either straight or further from feet, his skill, his ability to beat himself outside tight areas, ball retention, his back of the post defending (was very weak at this), his defensive heading, consistent amazing goal line clearing body blocks whilst already being the world’s best unquestionable 1v1 defender.

I’ve seen enough world class performances against world class players where the world class attacker could have all day and wouldn’t get past Wan Bissaka that month - Mbappe, Mane, Grealish, Mitoma, Neymar and many more.

I rate Dalot though and what he brings to the team- which is different to AWB and that is why dalot is useful to Manchester United.

Sure!
:drool:
If he had his side under control then perhaps Martinelli wouldn't have had chances..

As for the wager, fiver OK? And we check back on 1st of March?

georgipep

"Is now officially, without a doubt, indubitably ahead of Dalot", Every bump for the past 6 months.
I like AWB but Dalot is better for our way of playing in my opinion, and from what I've seen and know about our manager, he will go for Dalot when fit.

Kaos

Started to look like he was worth his fee.

Excited to see how much further his game can develop.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I like AWB but Dalot is better for our way of playing in my opinion, and from what I've seen and know about our manager, he will go for Dalot when fit.
For this season I think it's more likely that they'll rotate quite a bit rather than either being consistently favoured when fit.

In the medium term I'd expect AWB to leave and be replaced by an actual first choice RB, but that's not happening this summer. And while I agree that Dalot is a better stylistic fit, that already didn't stop AWB playing ahead of him at times last season.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
AWB is a better all round FB right now, for me. Dalot can be better in some areas but he's been off form for the longest time now so who knows...

El Jefe

His transformation is overstated IMO. This is just the natural progression of the AWB that we saw at Palace and in his first 18 months here. He lost his way a bit after that but he's always be skillful and able to play in tight areas.

What is really being developed now is how he reads the game tactically by the position he takes up. His confidence and belief in himself is another thing that has shot up.

He's still limited in his passing range and crossing but his understanding of his role is so much better and I think that's where EtH has helped a lot. He was turning into a slide tackling merchant when he lost his way but he's more than that now.

Borninthe80ts

His transformation is overstated IMO. This is just the natural progression of the AWB that we saw at Palace and in his first 18 months here. He lost his way a bit after that but he's always be skillful and able to play in tight areas.

What is really being developed now is how he reads the game tactically by the position he takes up. His confidence and belief in himself is another thing that has shot up.

He's still limited in his passing range and crossing but his understanding of his role is so much better and I think that's where EtH has helped a lot. He was turning into a slide tackling merchant when he lost his way but he's more than that now.
I’d fully agree with this. Some people talk like the attributes he has been displaying recently have come out of no where, or are all the work of Ten. While I agree that his level of performance has improved that’s more to do with as you say, confidence. That’s where the manger has had the biggest affect. This squad was classed as terrible by most at the start of last season but most have shown that’s not true.

I think he does maybe hesitate at times and that can bring pressure but again when the team improves, so will he. I think he is a decent short range passer, but complacency makes him look worse. Hopefully he can improve further though.

Greck

Come to think neither are great but also think ETH has a selection preference for his style. If AWB wasn't allowed to take the role after Dalot's second half of the season, it's clear where that preference leans, especially the way they renewed him first thing in the transfer window.

Trex

He has silently fought his way back into favour. He could have been gone by now. I don't think ETH fancied any one of Ronaldo, Maguire, De Gea, Wan Bissaka, Fred, Mctominay for his brand of football. But among them he'll be the only one starting when the season commence. He has the right attitude I must say.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Well, that list of 900 RBs has finally paid off eh.

As bad as he has played at times for us in his career, it's great to see he's showing signs of improvement above and beyond what he worked on last season.

georgipep

For this season I think it's more likely that they'll rotate quite a bit rather than either being consistently favoured when fit.

In the medium term I'd expect AWB to leave and be replaced by an actual first choice RB, but that's not happening this summer. And while I agree that Dalot is a better stylistic fit, that already didn't stop AWB playing ahead of him at times last season.
I think AWB played in the second half mostly due to Dalot's injury and not being fully fit.
But agree with the rest.

Kostov

He's never been half as bad as some "experts" on here claimed, so not that shocking when he shows this level imo. He's always been a very very good RB.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Stop can't whip in a cross to save his life if it depended on it.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Worth keeping in case of us facing Mbappe and similar type of players as AWB can change the outcome of the match against such players and that's where he shines when the others can't.

Henandez14

Supports
World peace
Dalot is a better fit for how we want to play but there are better right backs with similar qualities to Dalot. Wan Bissaka has some very rare attributes. If its a choice between the two I'm keeping spiderman

Verminator

I've never seen anything from Dalot that made me want him in the team, over AWB.
I love the way he drains the life out of opposition forwards, some talismanic, to the point where the opposition just gives up on attacking that side.