View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Ekeke

No no no… a new right back along with a new player in almost every other position.
Best get the important positions sorted then. You could sign the best fullback in the world for us right now and it'd make one of the smallest improvements in the team out of all positions

united for life

Best get the important positions sorted then. You could sign the best fullback in the world for us right now and it'd make one of the smallest improvements in the team out of all positions
Still don’t get me. But it’s ok. We’ll both be fine

dubplate warrior

I didnt realize AWB is responsible for Mason Greenwood's off the field actions and Antony's form.

What a rational poster
Any teams wingers would be better with fullbacks who are good offensively. It's actually very rational and simple. Try playing football.

Ekeke

Any teams wingers would be better with fullbacks who are good offensively. It's actually very rational and simple. Try playing football.
So why arent we better with Dalot at right back? Why arent our extra wingers used at right back? You've figured out football, explain why nobody else has

ggg333

So why arent we better with Dalot at right back? Why arent our extra wingers used at right back? You've figured out football, explain why nobody else has
He is not good enough either? Couple of things that’s going for him so far is his build and fitness is what I think.

Ekeke

He is not good enough either? Couple of things that’s going for him so far is his build and fitness is what I think.
He's a good attacking fullback for Portugal. Scored some great goals

By the poster's logic, any attacking fullback would be an improvement for our right winger

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Never really get the AWB narrative personally. He’s a brilliant right back to me, easily one of the best in the league. I have no idea how he’s managed to become caught up in this battle with Diogo fecking Dalot.

He looks awkward when he moves, but I don’t even accept the notion that he offers nothing going forward or is just a ‘defensive full back’. I think he’s easily better offensively than Dalot too.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Never really get the AWB narrative personally. He’s a brilliant right back to me, easily one of the best in the league. I have no idea how he’s managed to become caught up in this battle with Diogo fecking Dalot.

He looks awkward when he moves, but I don’t even accept the notion that he offers nothing going forward or is just a ‘defensive full back’. I think he’s easily better offensively than Dalot too.
Of the two I'd keep AWB as an understudy right back for someone genuinely well rounded. But if we'd sold both I'd be more than fine with it too. On the other side we'll need to upgrade as Shaw's fitness is so unreliable and Malacia isn't the level required as a first XI player. Fix those issues and we'll start looking somewhat competent.

But I've got a soft spot for AWB purely for his tackling. He's quite nifty too running between defenders in the final third, his delivery unfortunately is poor though.

Andersons Dietician

I somewhat agree, I think the narrative of all he is is a defensive RB has stuck in peoples heads and now they are stuck with it. I don’t know if it’s just me but he seems to get in better positions than the others and somehow seems to make Antony play mildly better when together.

I do think on occasion he lacks focus and can get caught out but when he has gone up against the very best he seems to turn it on. He pocketed Mbappe if I recall. Just seems like someone you would want to keep around. I don’t even mind Dalot as a utility option.

Irwin99

I think it's because he still hasn't nailed down that RB slot in 5 seasons. He has no international career, he cost 50 million and although he's fantastic on one-on-ones against tricky wingers he often messes up the defensive line with his positional play, although to be fair Dalot is guilty of that too. I remember the game against Arsenal earlier in the season and we were playing out from the back pretty well but he was the one defender that looked uncomfortable on the ball and stuck out as much.

I'm not saying he's a bad player or that he hasn't been good, but it's just another signing that's not really been that impressive or transformative. Dalot is showing some promise at times but i don't think either are good enough to be what we really want from a full back.

CloneMC16

This is all part of the job as a footballer now, the media side, and it looks like he’s not pulling his weight off the pitch

https://x.com/utddistrict/status/1748335837966905748?s=61
He has never been the type to do interviews. There is nothing wrong with that. Who cares if a player doesn't want to do those things? We've had enough egocentrical players that love that shite.

I don't know if he's one of the best in the league, but how the fanbase goes in on him is weird to me. I feel like I'm watching a completely different player based on the things people come out with. He's a good player and not one of the reason why we're so bad. Dalot is better at playing medium to long range passes and shooting, but I think AWB is much a much better dribbler and more likely to find someone when he puts a ball into the box.

I don't mind Dalot, either, but I'd pick AWB over him every time at RB.

Alemar

Where the feck is this guy? We sort of need him back if the idea is to play Shaw at LCB to accommodate for Lisandro injury.

led_scholes

I prefer him as a RB and Dalot as LB rather than Dalot as RB and Lindelof as LB.

By the way, this thread is in the first page but the last comment was on Monday. I think that's the second time that I ve seen a thread that didn't have any new comments being in the first page of threads. Am I missing something really obvious?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

Also back in training.

Hopefully that means soon we can get him at RB and Dalot at LB (though knowing ETH he'll probably just persist with Lindelof for reasons)

jesperjaap

Be good to see him back though he may be very rusty. I think he was starting to look like the full back I thought he could become when we signed him before the injury. People have forgotten that as Dalot has been decent since....but Bissaka is without doubt for me the far better full back and does actually concern me Dalot gets exposed by Salah today

Man Utd 4:3 Liverpool New

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If he can perform consistently like that for the rest of season, he has that LB locked. Incredible performance.

Superunknown

He didn't looked like he had been out for so long. Came in and slotted back in very well.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's really good to know he can lock down either side (and still contribute in attack)... anyone wanting him sold is a nut. He's not even on big money ffs

LInkash

Great link up play, more than good enough as a squad player, only thing he doesn't offer vs Dalot is a mean cross. Definitely low on priorities of players to replace, given the other areas we need to improve on.

criticalanalysis

Defensively really solid 1 vs 1 and good with the ball when going forward in their half. However, poor when receiving the ball deep and in our half. Onana didn't help but AWB still has this 'free hit' mentality with his lackadaisical passing.

Considering it's his first game after being out so long, it's a very good showing but the underlying issues are still there.

Ekeke

Such an underrated player. Can't believe how people want him sold.
AWB and Dalot are our most underrated players and its mainly because they're actually good at defending and work hard doing it. If they didnt bother but bombed forward more like a failed winger they'd be more popular

Dan_F

If he can perform consistently like that for the rest of season, he has that LB locked. Incredible performance.
Definitely better than Lindelof there, but playing out from the keeper with him in the team is rough usually, it’s even worse with him at left back. Mega that he was able to come back after a while out and play like that against Salah.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Thought he was quality today! His dribbling is unreal and his close control. Let alone he played an unfamiliar position. glad he’s back

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Definitely better than Lindelof there, but playing out from the keeper with him in the team is rough usually, it’s even worse with him at left back. Mega that he was able to come back after a while out and play like that against Salah.
Didn't see any concerned flaw on his passing.

He's more proactive intercepting passes, and I thought his attacking input was very decent as well. Adding that he's still not fully fit, I thought that was incredible.

Irwin99

Thought he had a really good opening half an hour but you can see a few of the faults to his game as well if we're going to play this way. We needed him though and he did well.