5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching him defend the corner for their first goal is comical. A non entity in the air.

He was fine in the first half, but 2nd half he struggled to see a pass and didnt want to use his left foot

Bit strange to play left back and dalot right back? Did Shaw withdraw last minute or something?

Why was he playing LB? Zero logic from the manager once again. The man has no left foot.

Him playing at LB made sense to me, they don't play with a traditional winger and their fullbacks underlap to play more in the inside channel, making him much better defensively than playing Dalot there. Defensively he was decent.

Not a United player. I like him as a person and he is a great tackler of the ball but never should there be a fullback playing for this club with such poor technique. One of many reasons why this team can't control games.

AWB was not responsible for either goal. He was no threat to Spurs, but he was no threat to United either.

Was excellent and absolutely dominated the flank. Johnson didn't get a sniff.

Let’s not play him at LB again…EtH ain’t making it any easier to support his decisions when he just randomly throws AWB in at LB.

So I am to believe Awb as a lb is better than Alvaro Fernandez. Either alvaro is a crap footballer or eth is clueless

Not sure why he played left back. But reading here he was terrible on the ball? I must have been watching a different game because I thought he was good on the ball and handled the press well too

Don’t be silly

Looking at the teams above us, you could argue he’d start at West Ham & Villa but even then that’s debatable.

Hes 26, and should be in his prime. No top team has a player so limited starting for them.

Looking at the teams above us, you could argue he’d start at West Ham & Villa but even then that’s debatable.

Hes 26, and should be in his prime. No top team has a player so limited starting for them.
You don’t give a 26 year old who cost 50m away for nothing especially when he’s had an ok season. Let him go for free? You’re having a laugh

You don’t give a 26 year old who cost 50m away for nothing especially when he’s had an ok season. Let him go for free? You’re having a laugh

So keep renewing players that aren’t good enough, and having them on wages that’ll put other clubs off giving us a transfer fee?

We spent 50m and got it wrong.

So keep renewing players that aren’t good enough, and having them on wages that’ll put other clubs off giving us a transfer fee?

We spent 50m and got it wrong.
No, you renew and if you think he should be upgraded then you sell in the summer

No, you renew and if you think he should be upgraded then you sell in the summer

No-one’s giving us a fee with his wages so high, which is why we’ve ended up with deadwood so often. We vastly overpay players.

Not sure why he played left back. But reading here he was terrible on the ball? I must have been watching a different game because I thought he was good on the ball and handled the press well too

Yes he had a good game, at least compared to others.

No-one’s giving us a fee with his wages so high, which is why we’ve ended up with deadwood so often. We vastly overpay players.

He’s on about 100 grand a week, that’s hardly earth shattering is it.

Our MOTM in my opinion

This cannot be a credible post. AWB cannot play football. No football intelligence at all, is unable to read the game and has no technical ability. He wouldn't be near any other 'top' team.

He's a liability. His occasional amazing tackles are a sign of his poor positional play. A Crystal Palace player.

MOTD pundits agree with you. Singled him (and Mainoo) out for praise. Player performance threads are a mess these days. Everyone is so permanently angry they despise all of our players and spew bile at each and every one of them no matter how well or badly they play. Waste of time trying to find any sensible opinions.

This cannot be a credible post. AWB cannot play football. No football intelligence at all, is unable to read the game and has no technical ability. He wouldn't be near any other 'top' team. He's a liability. His occasional amazing tackles are a sign of his poor positional play. A Crystal Palace player.

Non credible because you don't share the same ranking I've attached to him for one matchday performance?

I happen to disagree with your entire post but you're welcome to your opinion. AWB has been one of few bright sparks for me this season. As for the Spurs match, he defended well and carried the ball forward admirably a few times. He helped quell the threat from Spurs right side. It wasn't a perfect performance, but it was overall a good one in an otherwise dour match

He was much better today on the left than Dalot on the left. I think he did well. His yellow seemed harsh, was a good tackle and he took the ball - cant help the follow through momentum.
I did wonder why it was him running through the centre on the edge of the box though - any one but Aaron!! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.