Aaron Wan-Bissaka | The Ornacle speaks: It is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brophs

The One and Only
He should be decent going forward when given the license to do so.

I say that because wasn’t he was a winger before being making the right back spot his own.
Likewise, Antonio Valencia until the shins of an opposing winger killed his wife and family and he set out on a campaign of destruction the likes of which have only been seen before in Jason Statham movies?

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
His attacking game isn't as weak as people are mentioning on here. Yes, he is a defensive full-back naturally but he wouldn't be a massive hindrance going forward. He plays with Townsend/Zaha infront of him at Palace. Townsend likes to hug the line as much as possible, and isn't renowned for his defensive work. Naturally AWB has to focus on the defensive side of the game especially in a team like Palace's when they go on the attack.
That is not technically true re Townsend, he is probably the hardest working player at the club and he coached AWB through the first six months. But you are right regarding AWB’s attacking game. It’s mainly to do with our patterns of play IMO but basically Roy loves a narrow 4-4-2 and most of our chances come from AWB or PVA passing it short inside to Townsend, Zaha and one of the ‘wide midfielders’ (Meyer, McArthur, Schlupp) who drift in to the half spaces and we play from there. Sometimes the fullbacks get it back, but if a short cutback isn’t on they’ll typically recycle it and start the move again. They never actually cross the ball and this is especially true of the fullbacks, which incidentally is why Benteke has been so bad for us over the last 18 months (when Fat Sam was boss he got 17 in the league).

PVA has a better eye for timing an outside to inside run while the wide midfielder is in the pocket and is also a more composed finisher so he gets more goals, but AWB actually got more assists this season. His high number of completed dribbles doesn’t surprise me either and tallies with our style of play, it’s normally a successful dribble followed by the short pass to the player in the half space. With that in mind he will never have good attacking numbers in Roy’s system, but he’s better than he looks and continues to improve.

I hope you sign Meunier.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Likewise, Antonio Valencia until the shins of an opposing winger killed his wife and family and he set out on a campaign of destruction the likes of which have only been seen before in Jason Statham movies?
It's difficult to explain that really, as his bread and butter was literally run fast and cross.

NK86

It's not a medical assessment. It's just a synecdoche for his ability to change directions quickly, which is obviously a huge part of defending against wingers.
I have not seen this weird difficulty in changing directions, not more than most defenders who get caught out at times.

SaboTaj

Yeah don’t know what happened there.

Varunie1208

Not saying it's not the case but some random guy on the caf claiming to have this information is stupid.
I don't have any inside information about the condition of his hips. Are you daft? It's an athletic observation. I've said several times the guy can't changer directions. Hopefully this is clear enough for you. Have you ever played sports?

Cliche Guevara

I don't have any inside information about the condition of his hips. Are you daft? It's an athletic observation. I've said several times the guy can't changer directions. Hopefully this is clear enough for you. Have you ever played sports?
No but I do a mean Birdie Song.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
'Mocked Crock and 2 Shattered Femurs'?
We watched that film for so many years and the ending never changed.

NK86

And the moron returns. Have you ever used your eyes for anything productive?

NoPace

I have not seen this weird difficulty in changing directions, not more than most defenders who get caught out at times.
I think Dalot looks a tad on the stiff side compared to most top fullbacks but he's 6 feet tall, which is pretty tall for an FB, so hopefully he'll be fast over long distances and be a bit better in the air to compensate.

With regards to the "hips" discussion: The position most like fullback, defensively, in American football is the cornerback position. You're defending against the fastest opponents out wide and across big spaces. Every college and pro team wants a 6'2 or 6'3 corner to match up against the 6'4 and 6'5 wide receivers they have to defend against, but it's hard to find 6'2 guys who have the agility and change of direction to defend in space, so most of the best corners are still 5'11 or 6'0 and they just have to deal with the height mismatch.

northender

Supports
Preston North End
Given the importance of full backs now, United should just splash out on him. He'd be worth every penny really.

minh_loc_xoay

This is Wan-Bissaka thread :P
Isn't he City-bound? Actually every player in the Premier League right now would aspire to join City, the domestic treble winner or Liverpool, the current strongest team in Europe (Champions League trophy doesn't lie).
So I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Wan Bissaka joining Liverpool because he wants to play there and learn from Trent Arnold and Robertson, the two best fullbacks in Europe.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Isn't he City-bound? Actually every player in the Premier League right now would aspire to join City, the domestic treble winner or Liverpool, the current strongest team in Europe (Champions League trophy doesn't lie).
So I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Wan Bissaka joining Liverpool because he wants to play there and learn from Trent Arnold and Robertson, the two best fullbacks in Europe.
Not sure if serious

Patrick08

Not worth the price quoted specially with a defensive full back who ain't good enough in the final third.

Rather go for psg one for a small budget who is actually better in final third providing decent width and deliveries. As an attacking team that should be our priorities in my opinion.

Wan bissaka reminds me of Nathaniel clyne at the moment who struggled to repeat his same form after season at Southampton. This quoted price ain't worth it i feel.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You'd think wan bissaka was like darmians less attacking brother reading a lot of posts.

Whereas meunier is like some cafu esque attacker but donald love defensively

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
You'd think wan bissaka was like darmians less attacking brother reading a lot of posts.

Whereas meunier is like some cafu esque attacker but donald love defensively
That's how it is, everything in extremes. AWB is superb defensively means he is shit at attacking, Muenier being very good at attacking means he is useless defensively.

haram

That's how it is, everything in extremes. AWB is superb defensively means he is shit at attacking, Muenier being very good at attacking means he is useless defensively.
Maybe not that extreme, but it would be a problem if our fullbacks were Shaw and AWB while also having no genuine wide man. Even if we added James.

Scholsey2004

Perhaps. If we have a pair of full backs, neither of whom are any good at crossing though then we'll struggle going forward.

Ekeke

I think its far more likely that Crystal Palace's double player of the season wants to play and compete with TAA for the national side so he can play for England. Not accept that he's a backup for him

arthurka

He should come to Utd. But that said if 70m is the price I think we should let others have him.

LuckyScout78

For me it will be hard to choose beetween this boy and Meunier. I think Bissaka can run more due to his age. But Meunier is really skillsful right back on his best. And i believe and know Meunier can be a back up option as a deep laying dcm infront of the back 4 too. Meunier is safe and good with the ball, and he is capable of scoring goals. A box to box cm. But United has a young back in Dalot. So i might will go for Meunier instead of Bissaka. But i do see Bissaka football abilities.

Meunier, Bissaka or Doherty are all good right back options. That i think and believe will strenght United current right back options.

passing-wind

For me it will be hard to choose beetween this boy and Meunier. I think Bissaka can run more due to his age. But Meunier is really skillsful right back on his best. And i believe and know Meunier can be a back up option as a deep laying dcm infront of the back 4 too. Meunier is safe and good with the ball, and he is capable of scoring goals. A box to box cm. But United has a young back in Dalot. So i might will go for Meunier instead of Bissaka. But i do see Bissaka football abilities.

Meunier, Bissaka or Doherty are all good right back options. That i think and believe will strenght United current right back options.
Meunier is not great defensively and coincidentally our back four is already shambolic with defensive capabilities. AWB is already one of the best fullbacks in europe and the league.

I have no idea how fans cannot ascertain that he's more suited to what we need than Meunier, it doesn't make sense to me. AWB is younger, English so will have chemistry with the players, more proven in the English domestic league and a top top prospect (can only really see Trent AA ahead of him).

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
If we get him, he will be the most expensive fullback in history if palace has there way. A lot of pressure on the young lad, but he has a mentor in Shaw who also had that title before.

No doubt we will be buying an elite talent, but the only concern for me is his attacking game. I understood that Robertson wasn’t as prolific in the attack at Hull as he is at Liverpool, but Liverpool has a better footballing philosophy than United that gets the best out of their fullback. I don’t see how Ole counterattacking approach will make AWB a prominent attacking fullback. He would definitely makes us more solid in the back though, which makes me excited in terms of clean sheet bonus in fantasy football....amongst other things..like giving our right attacker less defensive responsibility so he can focus on conservation of his energy to attack.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Meunier is not great defensively and coincidentally our back four is already shambolic with defensive capabilities. AWB is already one of the best fullbacks in europe and the league.

I have no idea how fans cannot ascertain that he's more suited to what we need than Meunier, it doesn't make sense to me. AWB is younger, English so will have chemistry with the players, more proven in the English domestic league and a top top prospect (can only really see Trent AA ahead of him).
That is some outrageous hype. Are you his agent?

Patrick08

Meunier is not great defensively and coincidentally our back four is already shambolic with defensive capabilities.
It's not that good surely, though we are the only team who have no protection from the midfield to our centre backs. That plays a part in our poor defensive performance specially when herrera lacked in the middle.

passing-wind

That is some outrageous hype. Are you his agent?
Can't see anything being outrageous aside your response, it's a statistical fact based on performance that AWB has been one of the best in europe and the league ?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Can't see anything being outrageous aside your response, it's a statistical fact based on performance that AWB has been one of the best in europe and the league ?
He's no where near one of the best in europe.

Aloysius's Back 3

I wonder if our fans would be open to buying azpilicueta because he seems a bit like AWB at the moment.

However, I find the AWB cant attack to be exaggerated - its clearly a tactic of their manager as seen by the Tifo Tactics video.

I think his defensive aspect is over played because he is asked to cut in and be defensive at CP whilst his attacking aspect is underplayed because he is largely advised to play differently. He used to be a winger - I'm really sure this has some attacking ability or intent and I am sure this will show at a club that gives him this freedom.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I love it when scouting vids are presented like a bad office training course.
All of their videos are like this. And they try to avoid copyright issue by not using video of matches. They did some stuff with the Bundesliga that had some match video but, those end up on Bundesliga's official youtube channel.

passing-wind

He's no where near one of the best in europe.
That's your subjective opinion.

Finished the season with a 87% tackling ratio, most fullback clearances, only player out of Spain, Italy, England and Germany domestic leagues to make 100+ individual challenges, won over 65 duels, he's had the highest percentages in the league and europe in a defensive position baring assists.

Yet somehow this is 'outrageous hype", but if he did 100 step overs, 10 crosses per game and numerous dribbles he'd recieve more appreciation :houllier:.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That's your subjective opinion.

Finished the season with a 87% tackling ratio, most fullback clearances, only player out of Spain, Italy, England and Germany domestic leagues to make 100+ individual challenges, won over 65 duels, he's had the highest percentages in the league and europe in a defensive position baring assists.

Yet somehow this is 'outrageous hype", but if he did 100 step overs, 10 crosses per game and numerous dribbles he'd recieve more appreciation :houllier:.
I hate to break it to you, but stats aren't what makes a great player.

Houdini

We need this guy. He should be on the top of the list. A young RB good at att and def ? A no brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.