Aaron Wan-Bissaka | The Ornacle speaks: It is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
While that's true - most people SHOULD be giving their all for their employer anyway, it doesn't always work that way. Having players that have a love for the club will help us with keeping the players and stop them having wondering eyes for abroad clubs.

Look at people like Scholes/Giggs. they had admirers from many famous and probably better clubs at the time, but they loved United and their home is England, they didn't want to leave. Compare that to Pogba / Lukaku etc, it's just a different situation.
Giggs and Scholes were happy to stay here their entire careers because we were successful. Do you actually think they would have done so if we had been the mess that we've been in the last six years? Not a chance in hell that Giggs would have, and even Scholes would probably have ended up leaving if most years we were finishing outside of the CL spots.

Almost every top player wants to win and be as successful as they can be. If the club they are at can't help them achieve that, ultimately they'll want to go somewhere else that can. Being British and/or a fan of the club may give you a bit more leeway, but not to the extent to get away with our current mess. If we were competing at the top and playing at the level of City and Liverpool the last two years, I doubt Pogba would be looking to leave either. He signed for us because he thought we were heading back to that level.

Lukaku is a completely different matter and wants to leave because he's not first choice anymore, a situation he's made very clear throughout his entire career he doesn't want.

DickDastardly

Giggs and Scholes were happy to stay here their entire careers because we were successful. Do you actually think they would have done so if we had been the mess that we've been in the last six years? Not a chance in hell that Giggs would have, and even Scholes would probably have ended up leaving if most years we were finishing outside of the CL spots.

Almost every top player wants to win and be as successful as they can be. If the club they are at can't help them achieve that, ultimately they'll want to go somewhere else that can. Being British and/or a fan of the club may give you a bit more leeway, but not to the extent to get away with our current mess. If we were competing at the top and playing at the level of City and Liverpool the last two years, I doubt Pogba would be looking to leave either. He signed for us because he thought we were heading back to that level.

Lukaku is a completely different matter and wants to leave because he's not first choice anymore, a situation he's made very c

Lukaku is a completely different matter and wants to leave because he's not first choice anymore, a situation he's made very clear throughout his entire career he doesn't want.
What's your take on StevieG then?

He's in the same mould as Scholes and Giggs, they were never even close on winning the Domestic title, yet he stayed.

Same goes for let's say Totti.

Why do you question our players love for the club? You really think they would walk if we weren't competing year after year?

They're homegrown players. I truly belive that if Beckham's wife wasn't famous and wanted to go elsewhere, he never would have left.

So, yeah, i'm all for signing players who love this club. And can compete on the top level.
There were plenty of foreign players who played for us that absolutely loved the club.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What's your take on StevieG then?

He's in the same mould as Scholes and Giggs, they were never even close on winning the Domestic title, yet he stayed..
You've strayed a little into the "bollocks" terrain with that last line as much as we all hate liverpool

Unless you consider 2 and 4 points off the winners as "not even close":lol:

There was another 2nd place too. But i ignored that as being a huge...7 points off top

DickDastardly

You've strayed a little into the "bollocks" terrain with that last line as much as we all hate liverpool

Unless you consider 2 and 4 points off the winners as "not even close":lol:

There was another 2nd place too. But i ignored that as being a huge...7 points off top
Yeah, ok, admit, in his whole career, they came close, two times.

Still, he stayed. Totti stayed.
I truly belive most of our class of 92 side would have stayed in the same condititions as Lpool in the 90's.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah, ok, admit, in his whole career, they came close, two times.

Still, he stayed. Totti stayed.
I truly belive most of our class of 92 side would have stayed in the same condititions as Lpool in the 90's.
Scholes definitely would have. I remember him on some end of season video, pre breakthrough saying he'd " wait as long as it takes here".
And you couldn't imagine G nev playing elsewhere.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Pogba has excellent stats as well . Stats will get you midtable !

In the real world he has had one decent season . City are looking for a full back , surprising seeing that hes "world class" that Pep is not in for him.

Who know how he will develop at UTD , lots of highly rated players have failed or stagnated with the added pressure .
Hopefully he does not become another one.
Are you sure that you’ve spelt the second part of your username correctly?..

beingshe7don

Not that it means anything but not one of them is English/British. No one can really kick up a fuss about us changing our focus to British players this summer.
That's such a stupid philosophy. British players are overvalued in today's market. This whole idea to replicate what Fergie did is absolute crap. Back in Fergie's days, British players were a lot cheaper unlike today, hence he went with the British spine. Also, back in the day, British players loved to come to United (United was the equivalent of Barcelona or Real Madrid) but these days, British players don't mind going to Spurs, City or Liverpool.

We should be buying the BEST players regardless of their nationality. Terrible business sense as a whole in general. Mark my words, Ole will NOT succeed at United if we try to replicate everything Fergie did. We need to move away from Fergie's United and create the new template for success.

wurzel-red

Is it just me or has the opinion on this lad completely shifted?

I’ve heard nothing but praise for him all season from our own and rival fans. As soon as it became obvious we were going to sign him , everyone’s just slagging him off everywhere you look.

beingshe7don

I’ve heard nothing but praise for him all season from our own and rival fans. As soon as it became obvious we were going to sign him , everyone’s just slagging him off everywhere you look.
Do you really think we'll get him?

luke511

That's such a stupid philosophy. British players are overvalued in today's market. This whole idea to replicate what Fergie did is absolute crap. Back in Fergie's days, British players were a lot cheaper unlike today, hence he went with the British spine. Also, back in the day, British players loved to come to United (United was the equivalent of Barcelona or Real Madrid) but these days, British players don't mind going to Spurs, City or Liverpool.

We should be buying the BEST players regardless of their nationality. Terrible business sense as a whole in general. Mark my words, Ole will NOT succeed at United if we try to replicate everything Fergie did. We need to move away from Fergie's United and create the new template for success.
Stupid philosophy? :lol: signing players that have been shown their class in the league already is a great philosophy, and it's worked tremendously in the past. Them being British helps because there's no cultural shock and it's easier to detect if they have the right attitude and mentality needed to play for us and properly as a team. Who said anything about replicating Fergie? It's obvious there's a cultural issue in the dressing room, we stink at playing as a team, signing good British players with the right mentality will help fix that.

Also it turns out it isn't as easy as just signing the "BEST" players, otherwise the likes of Rabiot and De Ligt would be joining us this summer and not Juventus, and nobody will be marking your words.

Kearnkoff69

It's not just you, this 100% has happened.

Scholsey2004

All this talk here is not a good sign.
We seem to have been hearing more from the Lukaku to inter prospective deal. I wonder if we're in negotiations there. That might explain lack of activity elsewhere.

minh_loc_xoay

Everyone and his dog knows the moment a player joins Manchester United, he is well on his way to decline.
The list goes on: Di Maria, Falcao, Schweisteiger, Ibrahimovic, Pogba, Lukaku, Sanchez...

BrianLy

We need to move away from Fergie's United and create the new template for success.
This. You can respect the heritage of our club while forging a new path forward. It might seem a bit alien, but it's necessary and the only way we'll get success sooner rather than later. At some point, after our next successful period, we'll then have to repeat this to build the next United. I suspect we'll have the fight then to wean people off that next successful manager (hopefully Ole.)

wurzel-red

It's not just you, this 100% has happened.
It’s even warped my own perception of him. Every time I watched him I had my fingers crossed we’d make a move for him, but now for some reason I’ve gone cold on him, and I’m sure it’s because of all the negativity I see online.

Bwuk

Still can't help but feel it's a lot of £££ for him. Hope he proves me wrong!

Woodzy

Happy with the signing in a much needed position. A lot more work to do though this window.

Status
Not open for further replies.