Aaron Wan Bissaka

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
We currently have only 3 fullbacks and we need 4

We have an undisputed LB but none at the right, AWB wont be a waste of budget..
So spend 40-50m when we have a young RB already?

Of course it's a waste.

Canagel

Of course it's a waste.
what happens if dalot is not playing? we're actually looking for upgrade on Young and Valencia here. AWB is quality and we need quality in every position. dalot can cover LB and RW in emergency so I don't understand people rejecting a right back.

Aloysius's Back 3

Yeah we only have Walker at RB and Mendy at LB - they look good - we don't need any more fullbacks. Is that what city would be saying?

City have arguably 4 World class fullbacks whilst we have one at max.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Yeah we only have Walker at RB and Mendy at LB - they look good - we don't need any more fullbacks. Is that what city would be saying?

City have arguably 4 World class fullbacks whilst we have one at max.
No they fecking do not :lol:

Varunie1208

No they fecking do not :lol:
Quality depth is key if you want to be the best team in the world. We have Dalot and Shaw, but after that what do we have. Young is 34 and should be a squad player not the number 1 RB. Regardless his days are numbered. When Dalot has played RB players still get behind him and he's yet to show he's a good tackler or one v one defender. Wan has both those traits and is especially athletic. We need him. Dalot, Shaw, Wan provides quality and depth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aloysius's Back 3

Quality depth is key if you want to be the best team in the world. We have Dalot and Shaw, but after that what do we have. Young is 34 and should be a squad player not the number 1 RB. Regardless his days are numbered. When Dalot has played RB players still get behind him and he's yet to show he's a good tackler or one v one defender. Wan has both those traits and is especially athletic. We need him. Dalot, Shaw, Wan provides quality and depth.
Thanks I could not be bothered to compare our Fullbacks to City's for other fans.

haram

16/1 to join Manchester United. Outstanding price.

ErranMorad

Don't see the point in getting another young RB, unless we have already given up on Dalot. Also, he is not an attacking FB. Having two more defensive FB's on either side won't be ideal.

Decomposing In Paris

Dalot can play RB, LB, and RW...

I think AWB is an exciting young player with massive potential. Shaw is still pretty young himself. Those 3 fullbacks could give us great options for years to come in an increasingly important position. We have money, we spent what? £52m last season.

RochaRoja

Does this guy have the potential to be converted into a top centre back then?

Buying a full back primarily to defend in 2019 is like buying a mobile phone primarily to make calls.

Aloysius's Back 3

Dalot can play RB, LB, and RW...

I think AWB is an exciting young player with massive potential. Shaw is still pretty young himself. Those 3 fullbacks could give us great options for years to come in an increasingly important position. We have money, we spent what? £52m last season.
This is what I think too - use dalot as our cover of both fullback positions but like how young or Darmian does.

Dante

Average bang
We can use Dalot when we need to attack from RB, and AWB when we need to be defensively solid. It'll be horses for courses.

The ability to create a versatile and flexible squad was one of Fergie's biggest strengths. We regularly beat teams with bigger superstars because United had the exact recipe to nullify their strengths then exploit their weaknesses.

Two top class RBs with opposing qualities would be brilliant.

This would be a silly purchase if they were carbon copies of each. But the fact they're not is exactly why I'd support it. And let's be honest, Dalot is still a season or two away from being a reliable PL performer. If nothing else, AWB is read-to-go.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Not sure he is good enough on the ball and attacking wise for what we need. I'd say that top teams need an attacking outlet from fullback more than any defensive qualities.

Outstanding defender however.

AgentP

Sign him up! If we get can get a good CB also, we’ll have a super strong defense.

BlueHaze

I'm not sure what to think if we signed this guy. While I would say it would definitely be a good signing what would that mean for Dalot? Are we just going to ditch him? I think Dalot could become a decent player.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It is allowed to have two good right backs, signing one doesn't mean Dalot has to go.

Verminator

I'm not sure what to think if we signed this guy. While I would say it would definitely be a good signing what would that mean for Dalot? Are we just going to ditch him? I think Dalot could become a decent player.
Insurance, competition, flexibility, preventing him going to a rival?
He's top class. If Dalot turns out better, he'll keep him out of the team.
I prefer gravy today, than the promise of steak whenever.

StrettyEnder07

Of course it's a waste.
The fact that people think we can go a full season of 55-60 games with one RB is laughable, two quality players for every position.

Don't see what the problem is, if you think Dalot who is still a young inexperience kid with a shedload of potential can play 55-60 games without any help then you need to take the blinkers off.

Liverpool will be after a RB this summer to compete with TAA it's normal practice for a big club, always have two quality players in one position, especially at the back.

It's not rocket science

Ed9

Having Shaw, Dalot, AWB and Young for fullbacks next season would be amazing IMO. Basically giving Valencia and Darmian's game time to a young but proven signing.

Hoof the ball

Wan-Bissaka has superb physical capabilities. Strength, speed, acceleration, athleticism. He also has good defensive ability, good positioning and enough pace to compensate for youthful lapses of concentration. My only hesitancy is the attacking and technical qualities he possesses, especially within the last third of the field. I've watched him around ten times this season and this is one area where I'm yet to be impressed by him. Often passes with inconsistent weight or pass selection. Not an especially brilliant first touch or control in tight spaces. One could make the argument that his athleticism and physicality is such that it obscures some technical deficiencies with which a less athletic full-back would be criticised for more readily.

Case in point vs. Arsenal. This is atypical every time I've seen Wan-Bissaka play. He's sloppy on the ball, has an average ability on the ball and makes a number of inaccurate passes. Under pressure he's prone to clearing the ball. Dalot is a lot more talented with the ball at his feet.

Last edited:

MAME DIOUF 32

Dalot looks a long way from a Premier League right back to me. Definitely a good player who I think will end up at right back, but for now I'm much happier with him further forward.

El-Manos

Not that convinced. Would prefer someone experienced for a change considering we have monsieur Dalot

Jim Reaper

Dalot can play as a left back and as a right winger so im sure he would still get alot of game time being backup to both Shaw and AWB, with the amount of games in a season.

J@son

I would love Wan-Bissaka at United, by signing him we would have great balance at the RB position. Wan-Bissaka being the more defensive RB, and Dalot the more offensive RB. Two brilliant options for Ole.

flappyjay

Long term I think Dalot will make the right back spot his own vs wan-bissaka. For now Aaron would probably start ahead of him but as Dalot matures and attacking ability which is already decent gets even better he will be the starter. Aaron has a long way to go attacking wise.

Sanche7

How much is he gonna cost?
40-50 million I'm guessing
I don't think it will be the best investment of our money considering how many other positions we are lacking in

matt23

Long term I think Dalot will make the right back spot his own vs wan-bissaka. For now Aaron would probably start ahead of him but as Dalot matures and attacking ability which is already decent gets even better he will be the starter. Aaron has a long way to go attacking wise.
Palace are a bit of a 'get the ball to the wingers and you stay back and defend' kind of club though, aren't they?

I don't know if he's genuinely poor at attacking or not I only tend to take notice of him defending if I'm honest, but it's almost refreshing to see a young lad come through who seems to love defending.

Treble

Looks a great prospect, should have been called to England's squad.

Jim Reaper

Looks a great prospect, should have been called to England's squad.
He will be. Trippier and Walker will not be starters at the Euros and defintely not at the next World cup. That position will be between AWB and TAA.