Abortion

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Surprised it took them this long…

Last edited:

0le

I cannot even begin to imagine what it would be like for a mother to not only go through a miscarriage but then potentially to be tried for "murder". fecking morons.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I cannot even begin to imagine what it would be like for a mother to not only go through a miscarriage but then potentially to be tried for "murder". fecking morons.
Yep really messed up situation. It is such an emotional time for women, particularly those that have been trying to have kids for a long time. Then add in some tosser querying them for murder, it is just messed up. And any sane person should never be looking to put someone into that situation.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
She looks like a nice stable person who should be making decisions for the country...

I may be hearing it wrong, but does she also call herself a murder and admit to having her own abortion? It wasn't the most clear bit of the screaming.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I read an article in the Atlantic about how pregnant women back in the day would douche themselves with Lysol (it was actually marketed as such, crazy times) to avoid pregnancy or induce an abortion, sometimes with fatal results. I really wish I didn't read that, and it's just disturbing how the other side on this doesn't give a feck that a lot of women will in the near future suffer from being to terminate their pregnancies in unsafe and potentially fatal ways

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
For a second the idea of some sort of underground network ferrying women in need to friendly states where they got the support needed to make their own choice sounded romantic (I'd certainly volunteer)

Until you then realize this court will possibly outlaw abortion nationwide in a few years

Carolina Red

Staff
For a second the idea of some sort of underground network ferrying women in need to friendly states where they got the support needed to make their own choice sounded romantic (I'd certainly volunteer)

Until you then realize this court will possibly outlaw abortion nationwide in a few years
The Underground Railroad went all the way to Canada

Carolina Red

Staff
I may be hearing it wrong, but does she also call herself a murder and admit to having her own abortion? It wasn't the most clear bit of the screaming.
Yes she did. I actually know someone like her… my wife used to be friends with a woman who got pregnant by her BF and then found out he was cheating. She broke it off with the guy and said she wanted an abortion and asked if my wife would take her and be there for support. My wife did. Fast forward to today… She’s back with the guy. Engaged now. He’s still a cheater. They have a baby together. And she’s “found the lord” and is a staunch pro-lifer as if she didn’t literally have an abortion 3 years ago. I don’t think she’s ever told anyone in her church.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It’s a third world country with a first world mask on. Abortions banned, guns sold in supermarkets. Brilliant.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

There will be a cottage travel industry sprouting up in pro-choice states in no time marketing to those who need an abortion.

Boycott

How do these US evangelicals and the Ben Shapiro types reconcile with the fact abortion is legal in Israel?

Carolina Red

Staff
How do these US evangelicals and the Ben Shapiro types reconcile with the fact abortion is legal in Israel?
The existence of Israel is a requirement for the 2nd coming of Christ. They don't really care about Israel, per say, they care about what the existence of Israel represents.

Andersonson

It’s a third world country with a first world mask on. Abortions banned, guns sold in supermarkets. Brilliant.
Indeed. Education and healthcare is also far behind other western countries. Unless you have money of course.

And the racist police. Its a terrible country to live in unless you have a good paying Job/rich family

Baneofthegame

My wife and I recently had to have an abortion due to health reasons, it’s still devastating now, I honestly can’t believe how some of these people get into positions of power.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Surprised it took them this long…

America is fecked. Divided and partisan beyond the point of reconciliation.

If, and when, the republicans win the next election that country is going to dive healong down a very dark path.

Trump was just the start, wait and see what comes next, I'm calling it now.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Yeah, I am looking for a specific quote from her on it. Seeing a lot of references to it but can't find an original quote (or writing) from her.
Think it might have been a couple of months ago. She made a bit of a splash in March regarding her comments about Griswold. I searched as well & can’t find anything definitive.