Abu Dhabi boss plans Ronaldo swoop

Kelvin

Ronaldo wouldn't go there

He's said its not about the money (otherwise he'd stay with us forever) he's just always wanted to play in Spain. So there would be 0% chance of this ever happening

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Making huge bids for all the best players in the world is a way to signal intent, the whole of football will take notice and start taking them seriously ....... clubs will be tempted by such huge fees and the players with stupid wages and the promise of success ........ very similar to the way chelsea went about it, harder for City being outside London. Believe me this buch are anything but idiots.
they are if they think they'll finish in the top four anytime soon...

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
He is probably new to football and just wanted to invest into something that makes some extra cash. We all know about the arabs and on a side note 240 m for Ronaldo wtf is he thinking anyway?

rooney__10

If hey offer ronaldo 500000 pounds a week and we accept i think he will go.

He probably will be able to generate a lot of income at man city.

I mean if he can spend 600 mil pounds and get city to earn as much as united do then it will probably be worth it.

There has to be a salary cap soon though.

Woodzy

He sounds like he wants Shitty to be a bigger toy for him to play with that Roman at Chelsea. Could be frustrating for everyone else for a few seasons, but i think this guy will be more likely to get bored than Roman, especially if they don't emulate Chelsea's success as soon as they managed to.

fatboy

For 120mil? That would literally wipe out a sizeable part of the Glazer debt. If it's true it might force our hand.

As crazy as it may sound, it seems easier to stomach this than selling to Madrid for about half the price.

topper

Clown
It's not his personal wealth that's high, it's his company's.
The Company is the family is the business is Abu Dhabi - no shareholders of note or importance apart from his Zaeed family - he is the son of the Ruler of Abu Dhabi I believe

mjs020294

Fcking hell 120 mil pounds?

Thats too much money.
It would make more sense if they gave the Glazers the 900 million for the club, and be done with. Then the stupid Arab feckers wouldn't need to spend a fortune trying to pretend they have the biggest club in the world.

Barry Red

Oh Lordy.... Is this guy for real?? This sounds a lot like the gameplan of some spotty teenager who is playing one of the football games on the PC and has discovered a cheat to get unlimited cash.

I've always thought that most things are possible if you throw enough cash at the problem so I'm sure that Citeh could be come a more successful club (a more successful club, not a bigger club - they're massive already....) in terms of trophies (and let's face it, they couldn't get a lot worse!!!) but it will only last until someone with even more petrodollars buys up some team like Liverpool and decides to throw his billions into the pot.

As others have indicated, US sport has been down this road and a salary and/or investment cap is the probably the eventual outcome of it all. If the cap figures are related to turnover then it's probably a good thing for the likes of United, Barcelona and Real but not so good for the smaller clubs.

We'll see... I'm old enough to take a phlegmatic view of all this but to any Citeh fans who read this I would remind them that history shows that all bubbles burst eventually, and as a famous Frenchman once said "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever".

mjs020294

As others have indicated, US sport has been down this road and a salary and/or investment cap is the probably the eventual outcome of it all. If the cap figures are related to turnover then it's probably a good thing for the likes of United, Barcelona and Real but not so good for the smaller clubs.

They need to implement rules on the percentage of turnover you can spend on salaries, and the amount of spending should also have a cap based on turnover and value of the club.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Seems like someone that just wants a bit of attention....

Boogie Woogie

has quit smoking that shit
Nah.....Nah,this has got to be a piss take. Surely it has to.

PTME

Reserve Team Player
What a Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime!

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
:lol::lol:

delusions of grandeur, you have just got to love them. at least they didn’t take over at anfield, that amount of delusion may have caused the world to implode on itself.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
:lol::lol:

delusions of grandeur, you have just got to love them. at least they didn’t take over at anfield, that amount of delusion may have caused the world to implode on itself.
Good point actually.

I'm a lot less bothered about this happening to City than I would have been if they bought Liverpool.

Is that just because I'm not from Manchester? Or do mancs feel the same?