Abu Dhabi boss plans Ronaldo swoop

Twisted_Woody

Scout
According to the bbc, they have one trillion . And I wish they were wrong, but city could probably buy the whole of La Liga and Premier league and still have money to bring Kaka in.
They have 1 trillion - City doesn't. They have access to the funds which is a bit different - the owners could buy La Liga and the EPL - Man City could just bring in whoever they want - most likely mercenaries who will play for money.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
I'm intrigued by this.

- It might very well make Manchester the football capital of the world.
- If this guy is half the muppet he seems to be it could compromise City's focus on the academy. With the 90 min rule still firmly in place that would be a good thing for us. However, Roman has invested a lot in Chelsea's academy and it's in better shape than it was when he arrived.
- If enough of these real life FM nutcases emerge they'll start eating each other.

ecantona7

Whatever happens, there are always things you coul
:lol::lol:

FCUoM

feck, I can't believe we have more in common with Liverpool these days - piss poor owners.

I'm hoping the arabs get bored and feck off. I'm sure if they invest enough and don't see a significant return they'll get pissed off and stop throwing money into it. I mean, no astute investor will allow a black hole of finance to exist in the books.
Unfortunately their egos won't allow them to walk away with their tails between their legs. These guys are the real deal (just look at the money that is thrown around in the arab leagues to players entering the end of their careers). Shitty will be no longer be shitty and they will be the new chelsea. Be prepared for in january and this summer we will have a full on arab-russian war.

The Law of Denis

They have 1 trillion - City doesn't. They have access to the funds which is a bit different - the owners could buy La Liga and the EPL - Man City could just bring in whoever they want - most likely mercenaries who will play for money.
If City get Champions league football then all hell will break lose.

The Law of Denis

Unfortunately their egos won't allow them to walk away with their tails between their legs. These guys are the real deal (just look at the money that is thrown around in the arab leagues to players entering the end of their careers). Shitty will be no longer be shitty and they will be the new chelsea. Be prepared for in january and this summer we will have a full on arab-russian war.
Oh they will, if City flop ( and it looks highly unlikely) these guys will be off in 3 years max. They want to put Abu Dhabi on the world map, if City is just spending money with no return I can see them trying again with a different club.

The Law of Denis

I hope you're right.
Of course they could just go and pay Messi's buy out clause :nervous: I will be praying that they don't get champions league football this season, then with Robinho or whoever their getting this winter , it would be very interesting.

Dont forget their plan is top four this year, League next and champions league after that. If this happens Abu Dhabi is on the map. Job done for them and they could leave or stay it out

Heres an interesting article:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7593936.stm

The senior City source said: "Sheikh Mansour wants to use City to help develop Abu Dhabi into the sporting capital of the Middle East."
The last reason these lads have bought them out is for footballing reasons.

I cant stress enough how important champions league football is, the longer they stay out the much higher chance it is that their world crumbles upon them. This season is going to be critical, not even Roman was daft enough to outlay his dream team in a magazine.

Biscuit1871

I know it, you know it, I think we all fecking know it, that this is complete bollocks. Never going to happen. EVER!

Nucks

RT History Department
Ronaldo wouldn't go there

He's said its not about the money (otherwise he'd stay with us forever) he's just always wanted to play in Spain. So there would be 0% chance of this ever happening
If they offered him 250m over 5 years he'd be gone so fast you would wonder why he looked so slow on the pitch for us. Then he'd tell them how he has always admired City.

marcus agrippa

I hope you are right.
just look at it this way:

these are a bunch of guys who swept in right before the window closed and embarked on a scatter-gun approach to transfers. they did not consult the manager - who was busy playing golf at the time, i understand. they made phone calls around Europe, trying to hijack deals (Berba and Robinho) or claiming to put bids in, when all they did was phone enquiries (as is the case of Villa and presumably Gomes). you might argue there wasn't much time, but in that case would it not have been more prudent to wait until they actually have a strategy in place and then go about it properly. he seems to want instant success, no question about it.

it was a big PR stunt, ' a statement of intent' , call it what you like. i'm just surprised that few are more sceptical.

when interviewed, all this guy talks about is signing these big name attacking players. not a word about Mark Hughes and how he sees the team evolving and what he needs.

this is a chess buff with no experience of football whatsoever, and who likes to pose with flashy American celebrities.

he might be more competent than he looks, but i've a sneaky feeling there'll be a lot of drama at the Eastlands. should make for some great entertainment if nothing else, especially if i'm right and the Massives get a right shaft in the rear.

Ace

As much as I hate City, I'm still excited about the prospect of lower clubs attracting big name players. It just says something about our league.

Denis' cuff

thye'll always be shitty mate - so we'll have "shitty" and "shittu" to compete against

:lol:

RK

when interviewed, all this guy talks about is signing these big name attacking players. not a word about Mark Hughes and how he sees the team evolving and what he needs.

this is a chess buff with no experience of football whatsoever, and who likes to pose with flashy American celebrities.

he might be more competent than he looks, but i've a sneaky feeling there'll be a lot of drama at the Eastlands. should make for some great entertainment if nothing else, especially if i'm right and the Massives get a right shaft in the rear.
This is what I've been thinking.

I doubt they've realised that it wont be as simple as they think.

mickthered

I'm intrigued by this.

- It might very well make Manchester the football capital of the world.
- If this guy is half the muppet he seems to be it could compromise City's focus on the academy. With the 90 min rule still firmly in place that would be a good thing for us. However, Roman has invested a lot in Chelsea's academy and it's in better shape than it was when he arrived.
- If enough of these real life FM nutcases emerge they'll start eating each other.
The assistant manager was on the radio this morning

And from what he is saying the city academy is now basically out the window

Number7

Ret's Slave
They can do whatever they like but it's going to become very tiresome if they're putting in ridiculous £100+million bids in for untouchable players ala Rooney every fecking transfer window.

kps88

Only greedy mercenaries will join them for the wages.

mickthered

They can do whatever they like but it's going to become very tiresome if they're putting in ridiculous £100+million bids in for untouchable players ala Rooney every fecking transfer window.
Are they untouchable if silly money is offered somehow I dont think so

Merman

They have a lot of money and are capable of throwing stupid sums around...but 100m for Rooney? Even they are are not that stupid.
If they are planning to pay 240 million for Ronaldo, then 100 million for Rooney seems quite accurate.

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
Doubt this new Lord of Manchester City will eat Abramovich. He is an Arab, and Abramoch is Jewish, Arabs don't likes jews.

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
They will not get Ronaldo, nor any other United players we want to hang on to. Nor will they get Fabregas, Torres, Gerrard etc.

The same way Chelsea haven't been able to buy United and Liverpool players that the clubs have wanted to hang on to.

Merman

They will not get Ronaldo, nor any other United players we want to hang on to. Nor will they get Fabregas, Torres, Gerrard etc.

The same way Chelsea haven't been able to buy United and Liverpool players that the clubs have wanted to hang on to.
Indeed. If they put in a bid and the player wants to move, the fans will burn the shirts and post death threats and the player decides to stay and kisses the badge the very next day.

RedPhil1957

Are they untouchable if silly money is offered somehow I dont think so

They know full well they won't get all the players mentioned but they will get a few and very quickly the perception of City in the football world will change especially in the minds of agents and players. Better players gives them more chance of winning things and also attracts more better players.

Kelvin

Sheikh's £500m City dream team
Six of the best football players in the world are all targets of the multi-billionaire Arab sheikhs who have bought Manchester’s “second” club. The Blues have already captured Real Madrid’s Brazilian superstar Robinho for £32.5million. Now consortium frontman Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim says he is willing to pay £134million to wrest Cristiano Ronaldo away from arch-rivals Man United. City’s manager Mark Hughes has also been told he can bid £80million each for AC Milan’s Brazilian hitman Kaka and Barcelona's attacking midfielder Lionel Messi. Liverpool’s Spanish goal machine Fernando Torres and Arsenal playmaker Cesc Fabregas will be chased as soon as soccer’s next transfer window opens in January, with price tags of £70million and £60million respectively. And there will be a renewed bid of £60million for striker Dimitar Berbatov - who only signed for Man United on Monday night.
Various inc Neil Custis, The Sun

Member 5225

Six of the best football players in the world are all targets of the multi-billionaire Arab sheikhs who have bought Manchester’s “second” club. The Blues have already captured Real Madrid’s Brazilian superstar Robinho for £32.5million. Now consortium frontman Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim says he is willing to pay £134million to wrest Cristiano Ronaldo away from arch-rivals Man United. City’s manager Mark Hughes has also been told he can bid £80million each for AC Milan’s Brazilian hitman Kaka and Barcelona's attacking midfielder Lionel Messi. Liverpool’s Spanish goal machine Fernando Torres and Arsenal playmaker Cesc Fabregas will be chased as soon as soccer’s next transfer window opens in January, with price tags of £70million and £60million respectively. And there will be a renewed bid of £60million for striker Dimitar Berbatov - who only signed for Man United on Monday night.
:lol::lol: 'kin'ell!!

Number7

Ret's Slave
:lol::lol:feck sake.

That's Custis in a job for the next couple of seasons.

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
Indeed. If they put in a bid and the player wants to move, the fans will burn the shirts and post death threats and the player decides to stay and kisses the badge the very next day.
These players in question will obviously not want to leave their current clubs to join Manchester City.