ABU Pundits

Prodigal7

Listening to the likes of Darren Bent and Gabbi Agbonlahor is really as painful as it is funny. The level of bias and genuine hatred for United is crazy. The Talksport presenter is another one.
Shearer has mellowed a bit but he use to be there as well, Souness is just a bit of a crackpot.

Any other massive ABUs that I'm missing? Maybe these are just people that were always on the end of an absolute hiding against us during their playing careers and struggle to handle that. Or maybe there are other reasons?

cyberman

Sutton is another one but he’s on a permanent wind up so feck knows if it’s just us

Chief123

Listening to the likes of Darren Bent and Gabbi Agbonlahor is really as painful as it is funny. The level of bias and genuine hatred for United is crazy. The Talksport presenter is another one.
Shearer has mellowed a bit but he use to be there as well, Souness is just a bit of a crackpot.

Any other massive ABUs that I'm missing? Maybe these are just people that were always on the end of an absolute hiding against us during their playing careers and struggle to handle that. Or maybe there are other reasons?
Jamie O’Hara and Cundy are even worse. They find it desperately hard to say anything positive about Utd.

It's anybody who used to be on the end of a twice yearly thrashing from us. The only team who ever truly matched us was Mourinho's Chelsea and funnily enough i cant recall any of those players viewing us negatively.

Bertie Wooster

I always think Chris Waddle and Matt Le Tissier come across as having a big chip on their shoulder about United whenever I hear them commentate on us. Regular snide comments about knowing you'll get no decisions against United, etc...

I think a lot of those players who played during the Fergie reign of dominance will have various degrees of dislike against the biggest and most successful team of their era - who either denied them trophies, gave them a number of hammerings, etc... Just human nature, I guess, to develop a level of jealousy or dislike towards them that continues into their punditry career and influences their comments.

Which is OK, as long as people acknowledge the views just come from a bias / agenda and so dismiss them as irrelevant. But I don't think a lot realise that and so give them credibility as coming from a 'professional pundit' - or are just happy enough to give credence to anything anti-United.

Last edited:

Hoof the ball

I always think Chris Waddle and Matt Le Tissier come across as having a big chip on their shoulder about United whenever I hear them commentate on us. Regular snide comments about knowing you'll get no decisions against United, etc...

I think a lot of those players who played during the Fergie reign of dominance will have various degrees of dislike against the biggest and most successful team of their era - who either denied them trophies, gave them a number of hammerings, etc... Just human nature, I guess, to develop a level of jealousy or dislike towards them that continues into their punditry career and influences their comments.
There was a stat a couple of years ago that placed Arsenal top of most extra time minutes given since the PL began in 92/93, and both Liverpool and Arsenal were right at the top for most stoppage time given since the PL began in 92/93......

All that despite us being dominant for a large majority of it. So, when they talk about decisions against United, they ought to check the actual stats.

Josh 76

The ones that stand out,
Danny Murphy
Souness
McManaman

I hate Micheal Owen, don’t think he hates Utd, he’s just up Liverpools ass too much.

And the one I’ve noticed recently, which me surprise people is, Hasselbank.

Bertie Wooster

There was a stat a couple of years ago that placed Arsenal top of most extra time minutes given since the PL began in 92/93, and both Liverpool and Arsenal were right at the top for most stoppage time given since the PL began in 92/93......

All that despite us being dominant for a large majority of it. So, when they talk about decisions against United, they ought to check the actual stats.
Yeah, people just spout bitter rubbish about bias towards us with little factual evidence behind it. And, sadly, others believe it because they're happy to, and so it becomes a factual 'thing' despite there being no actual evidence behind it - just bitterness and jealousy.

Last edited:

Blood Mage

A lot of these guys had to watch United dominate for two decades under Ferguson, that kind of PTSD doesn't go away.

Northstand

Just reading that Garth Crooks (played for United of course, albeit fairly briefly), has called for Howard Webb and Sunday’s VAR operative to be sacked, due to the failure to punish the worst challenge he’s seen in years. :lol:

Swedish_Plumber

Not the only one to go overboard about Sabitzers tackle. I doubt they’ve even seen the replay and based their opinion on the still.

That’s not to say I’d have been in total denial had he been sent off, but the level of coverage our decisions are getting not only compared to other teams but to similar challenges in our own players is fecking shocking.

Loon

:lol:

Not the only one to go overboard about Sabitzers tackle. I doubt they’ve even seen the replay and based their opinion on the still.

That’s not to say I’d have been in total denial had he been sent off, but the level of coverage our decisions are getting not only compared to other teams but to similar challenges in our own players is fecking shocking.
Where was this knobber when that dipper player carried out that assault a few weeks ago?

Remember the geese

He's one of the biggest ABUs out there by far. Constantly has the take on any moment in a game which is critical of United.

Not hard to understand why, he never won a game against United, which is quite the stat!
Yeah doesn't miss a chance to talk shite about us, but isn't called out for it as often as others due to not being an ex- Liverpool player. Great stat!

Eric_the_Red99

Compare and contrast with the complete lack of attention given to Saka’s horror challenge in the Villa game.

I get why ‘neutrals’ in the media are backing Arsenal this season, but the favouritism is getting a little over the top.

NICanRed

All pundits have history from their playing careers so it is only naturel that there will be some bias. Most do a fairly good job of trying to keep it level but Ian (Arsenal is always) Wright is absolutely the worst.
I know his history but I find Jim Beglin knowledgeble and fairly balanced.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

He could've been killed!

Nori-

Paul Merson is just a troll at this point. I think he knows if he says outlandish stuff he gets more work and is very happy to do it.

Jermaine Jenas is also awful. I can't bare listening to him. I think part of me knows what a c**p footballer he was, so when he tries to give his "expert" opinion or criticises what much better player do on the pitch I just think, please be quiet.

Swedish_Plumber

Compare and contrast with the complete lack of attention given to Saka’s horror challenge in the Villa game.

I get why ‘neutrals’ in the media are backing Arsenal this season, but the favouritism is getting a little over the top.
I’d forgotten about that tackle. It’s like they want an inquest by the FA and a subsequent ban. Feckers.

Acole9

Outstanding

Can't take Warnock seriously after he said Klopp has got Liverpool playing gangnam style football... what a prat.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Can't take Warnock seriously after he said Klopp has got Liverpool playing gangnam style football... what a prat.
Was just about to post this. feck knows how he's still on motd after that. Embarrassing. :lol:

Ludens the Red

Garth cnuting twat Crooks reckons it’s the worse tackle he’s seen in years.
Must be still bitter about his failed loan spell at United.

Rob67

A lot of these ABU pundits were playing when Sir Alex and United were pissing all over them, year after year.
It's the only chance any of these a'holes will ever have to get one over on United.