g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Adam Ounas

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Looks of like hazard from that vid. Nowhere near as developed of course, but still the type that makes things happen out of nothing and adds real pace out wide. Probably needs more time in France so we could maybe loan him back for him to develop more but we will see.

itso 7

Looks of like hazard from that vid. Nowhere near as developed of course, but still the type that makes things happen out of nothing and adds real pace out wide. Probably needs more time in France so we could maybe loan him back for him to develop more but we will see.
I think we should keep him for the first half of the season to see how he settles and integrates into the team. For all we know he could do a Martial and surprise us but if his performances are more on the Depay side then we should loan him to an English side for the second half of the season. No point in sending him back to the French league when we need him to settle and launch his career here.

ottosec

I think this will go through, judging by the fact that he started following United and half of our team on instagram.

He looks very light, but he seems to be doing ok in France. I guess it's fair to say that the French league is the closest in terms of physicality to the PL, no?

RedStarUnited

I have always had a soft spot for players who love dribbling and are direct. Things like decision making can be taught and improved on, but dribbling etc are natural things.

I know some French supporters here are saying he is nothing special but no one in France thought highly of Mahrez or Kane and they are probably the best players in their positions in the league now. You just never know about a players trajectory.

United Pro

I have always had a soft spot for players who love dribbling and are direct. Things like decision making can be taught and improved on, but dribbling etc are natural things.

I know some French supporters here are saying he is nothing special but no one in France thought highly of Mahrez or Kane and they are probably the best players in their positions in the league now. You just never know about a players trajectory.
Agreed. Ounas has the natural ability imo to reach the top. Whether he does, is up to how much work he puts in and whether refines his skills. I think what most Ligue 1 watchers were saying was Ounas is no where near the level of Dembele (who is already a very complete player). However, players don't develop at the same stage in their careers, so Ounas may well go on to reach that level and higher.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Mahrez and Boufal were rated, everyone wanted to see him sign at Marseille.

m1y2

think with the rumours around Embolo and Ounas (last time we got Martial) seems like we are going the right direction and trying to have a go at the players with potential without spending much on them, think both You-nas and M-bolo could be attainable for about 20m quid which might be a bargain in the end and if they fail, they will be one of many Zaha's etc if they fail, they will not need big wages in the first place and could develop into great players...

the situation is quite dire with the prices of proven attacking players and players in general, don't see many players who would fit the profile and be a success for us without massively overpaying, we are also not playing champions league next season so, it's not like all the aces in today's football market would want to go to us.. we can develop "our own" while of course we'll be looking forward to reinforce immediately with the players like Mkhytarian... so in the end I think we will be all over the market as we are really a special force when it comes to many but it is important that we not only focus on the world class group of players but also younger age groups ie. Ounas and even younger like Chong etc... we need to get those next worldies

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Hopefully he's genuinely got low centre of gravity unlike Memphis who has seemingly fallen in love with gravity.

JPRouve

Scout
Seems we're going to head into the season with very youthful attacking options (+Ibra).
It's probably a great thing with Mourinho, he will have the opportunity to mold the players and they will be less likely to defy him.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Hopefully we hear some concrete news in the next few days. He just suddenly started following us and a bunch of players on Twitter and Instagram. Something must have happened.

Norris

Hopefully we hear some concrete news in the next few days. He just suddenly started following us and a bunch of players on Twitter and Instagram. Something must have happened.
I'm no longer sure if this is even true. It seems he follows quite a few PSG players as well and some on Twitter suggested that he followed United a while back, not today as being reported.

ReDDHDevilS

Didn't watch Bordeaux vs. Rennes games. So wanted to see how Ounas and Dembele fared in those games and this is what I got from Whoscored,

Rennes 2-2 Bordeaux [Nov-15]

Dembele------ 72 (Minutes Played)--- 8.09 (Rating)--- 40 (Touches)--- 5 (Disp)--- 57.9 (PA%)--- 3 (KeyPasses)--- 5 (Dribbles)--- 1/0 (G/A)
Ounas------ 18 (Minutes Played)--- 6.05 (Rating)--- 10 (Touches)--- 2 (Disp)--- 40 (PA%)--- 0 (KeyPasses)--- 0 (Dribbles)--- 0/0 (G/A)

Bordeaux 4 -0 Rennes [Jan-16]

Dembele------ 45 (Minutes Played)--- 6.08 (Rating)--- 21 (Touches)--- 3 (Disp)--- 45.5 (PA%)--- 1 (KeyPasses)--- 1 (Dribbles)--- 0/0 (G/A)
Ounas------ 90 (Minutes Played)--- 8.25 (Rating)--- 58 (Touches)--- 2 (Disp)--- 82.1 (PA%)--- 3 (KeyPasses)--- 3 (Dribbles)--- 0/1 (G/A)

As for Ounas following us, didn't Renato Sanches also do the same?

Edit: :mad:

Last edited:

Judas

Open to offers
It's probably a great thing with Mourinho, he will have the opportunity to mold the players and they will be less likely to defy him.
Like he did when he arrived at Chelsea the first time, that team worshipped him, maybe he's going with the same approach here. It's really encouraging signs I believe.

Von Mistelroum

Well chaps, when we signed Martial, I was openly over the moon when others were unsure. When we were linked to Ebola I said we should go for Ounas. If we get him, I see him taking a similar (although slightly slower) trajectory to Martial.

He'll be a big player in a few years!

Disclaimer: I also said this about Memphis. Terms and conditions apply, if Ounas fails to reach his potential then I reserve the right to say I never made such claims. Ebola is serious business!

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Didn't watch Bordeaux vs. Rennes games. So wanted to see how Ounas and Dembele fared in those games and this is what I got from Whoscored,

Rennes 2-2 Bordeaux [Nov-15]
Played' Rating Touches Disp PA% KeyPasses Dribbles G/A
Dembele 72 8.09 40 5 57.9 3 5 1/0
Ounas 18 6.05 10 2 40 0 0 0/0

Bordeaux 4 -0 Rennes [Jan-16]
Played' Rating Touches Disp PA% KeyPasses Dribbles G/A
Dembele 45 6.08 21 3 45.5 1 1 0/0
Ounas 90 8.25 58 2 82.1 3 3 0/1

As for Ounas following us, didn't Renato Sanches also do the same?
Rennes 2-2 Bordeaux - Dembélé man of the match. Ounas on the bench

http://www.sports.fr/football/compte-rendu/ligue-1/rennes-bordeaux.html

Bordeaux 4-0 Rennes - Dembélé on the bench (just 18 years so doesn't play all the games). Man of the match: Ounas (7.5/10 I can see)

http://www.hommedumatch.fr/23eme-j-les-notes-de-bordeaux-rennes-4-0_140856

Hum, you can compare the 2 players but keep in mind that:

- Dembélé: 15th May 1997 - 12 goals in 15/16 (exceptional stats for a very young AM)
- Ounas: 11th November 1996 - 6 goals in 15/16 (good stats for a 1st season)

Last edited:

ReDDHDevilS

Rennes 2-2 Bordeaux - Dembélé man of the match. Ounas on the bench

http://www.sports.fr/football/compte-rendu/ligue-1/rennes-bordeaux.html

Bordeaux 4-0 Rennes - Dembélé on the bench (just 18 years so doesn't play all the games). Man of the match: Ounas (7.5/10 I can see)

http://www.hommedumatch.fr/23eme-j-les-notes-de-bordeaux-rennes-4-0_140856

Hum, you can compare the 2 players but keep in mind that:

- Dembélé: 15th May 1997 - 12 goals in 15/16 (exceptional stats for a very young AM)
- Ounas: 11th November 1996 - 6 goals in 15/16 (good stats for a 1st season)
You can't always just compare the numbers.

Didn't Dembele played more centrally and at times as a Forward too? As far as I know Rennes plays 4312 and Dembele mostly played centrally. Where as Bordeaux played 4231 and Ounas played on the right wing. Don't you think it'd be unfair to just compare their numbers?

Also you're saying Dembele is only 18 but what you're forgetting/not seeing is Ounas is only 6 months older than Dembele!

My post wasn't to show who is better or not. I just wanted to see how each compared, that's all. Nothing more. I've already mentioned here Dembele is a better talent from what I've seen.

JPRouve

Scout

Didn't Dembele played more centrally and at times as a Forward too? As far as I know Rennes plays 4312 and Dembele mostly played centrally. Where as Bordeaux played 4231 and Ounas played on the right wing. Don't you think it'd be unfair to just compare their numbers?

Also you're saying Dembele is only 18 but what you're forgetting/not seeing is Ounas is only 6 months older than Dembele!

My post wasn't to show who is better or not. I just wanted to see how each compared, that's all. Nothing more. I've already mentioned here Dembele is a better talent from what I've seen.
Rennes play in 4231 too and Dembélé like Ounas played wide and centrally. Now the comparison is more pointless than unfair since Ounas could develop into a better player than Dembélé, they both played a little number of games which mitigates every projection that we could make. Personally I don't think that Ounas is a great talent, he is "just" a talent but that's only based on 20 something games

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG

Don't you think it'd be unfair to just compare their stats (Played' Rating Touches Disp PA% KeyPasses Dribbles G/A) ? :D

On a more serious note, my post was not a 'criticism'.

I'm neither for nor against the acquisition of Ounas.

If his market value is 10m, I'd say 'why not?'.

ReDDHDevilS

Rennes play in 4231 too and Dembélé like Ounas played wide and centrally. Now the comparison is more pointless than unfair since Ounas could develop into a better player than Dembélé, they both played a little number of games which mitigates every projection that we could make. Personally I don't think that Ounas is a great talent, he is "just" a talent but that's only based on 20 something games
Yeah at this point which is basically based on only one season it's hard to predict how their respective careers would eventually pan out.

Also as you say, you think 'Ounas is just talent' but some including me would think he's 'more than just a talent'. I've only seen him 2.5 games and I liked what I saw and I think what I've seen was more than for me to say he's just another talent.

People here made comments like some championship players in England are better than Renato Sanches while others thought he's a special talent and so did Bayern who paid world record fee for him and also did our scouts as we're also willing to pay that amount. What it does show is, people have different tastes. What you like or want to see from a player differs from me and what I like or want to see from a player differs from someone else. Each has his own taste. A player is universally (/mostly) accepted only when you become a super star a la Messi.

Last edited:

ReDDHDevilS

Don't you think it'd be unfair to just compare their stats (Played' Rating Touches Disp PA% KeyPasses Dribbles G/A) ? :D

On a more serious note, my post was not a 'criticism'.

I'm neither for nor against the acquisition of Ounas.

If his market value is 10m, I'd say 'why not?'.
Well I think I've already answered that, didn't I?:)
I probably should have written 'I just wanted to see how each fared in those 2 games' instead of 'I just wanted to see how each compared'.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I probably should have written 'I just wanted to see how each fared in those 2 games' instead of 'I just wanted to see how each compared'.
It makes sense to compare 2 targets playing the same games so I don't see any issue in the formulation of your sentence ;)

C'est Moi Cantona

Hard to believe a young player who is seemingly a great talent can be bought for such a low fee, the cynic in me says there has to be catch somewhere.

JPRouve

Scout
Hard to believe a young player who is seemingly a great talent can be bought for such a low fee, the cynic in me says there has to be catch somewhere.
Bordeaux are skint and he hasn't been as good as the caf pretends.

C'est Moi Cantona

That's the reality, many pretend players like this are far better than they are already, but at the money it's maybe a flyer worth taking as he looks to have the basic talent, but so have many more in the past.

Hope for the best, expect the worst with players like this.

JPRouve

Scout
That's the reality, many pretend players like this are far better than they are already, but at the money it's maybe a flyer worth taking as he looks to have the basic talent, but so have many more in the past.

Hope for the best, expect the worst with players like this.
For 10m, he is a good purchase but he needs to play. If we can't give him the necessary minutes to develop we need to leave him alone.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Most Caf readers will not have heard the name until his thread came into existence. He's just played a few games. I suppose they're just trusting those who's job it is to recognise talents.

C'est Moi Cantona

For 10m, he is a good purchase but he needs to play. If we can't give him the necessary minutes to develop we need to leave him alone.
At that it'd be sink or swim very quickly for him then, becasue Jose won't mess around if he stated off crap. I was thinking more of a few games here and there, or maybe a loan deal somewhere.

JPRouve

Scout
At that it'd be sink or swim very quickly for him then, becasue Jose won't mess around if he stated off crap. I was thinking more of a few games here and there, or maybe a loan deal somewhere.
A loan back to Bordeaux could be a good idea, Gourvennec is a decent coach.

Most Caf readers will not have heard the name until his thread came into existence. He's just played a few games. I suppose they're just trusting those who's job it is to recognise talents.
They based eveything on Youtube and decided that he was a great talent which in fairness pushed me to childishly berate him. But the thing is that he is not even close to Nkoudou, who was a lot better for Nantes last season and better for Marseille this season, so it's hard for me to label him as a great talent.

Sultan

A loan back to Bordeaux could be a good idea, Gourvennec is a decent coach.

They based eveything on Youtube and decided that he was a great talent which in fairness pushed me to childishly berate him. But the thing is that he is not even close to Nkoudou, who was a lot better for Nantes last season and better for Marseille this season, so it's hard for me to label him as a great talent.
I wouldn't think United are interested due to his present capabilities. Most likely they see future potential. Like most signings of this type, it's a risk.

m1y2

Seems we're going to head into the season with very youthful attacking options (+Ibra).
don't think if we sign Ounas or any similar young star that we will automatically start him, we will not make the same mistake twice with Van Gaal buying Depay for starting 11.. there will be defo one more experienced attacking player (winger) who will be a starter, Mkhytarian perhaps

JPRouve

Scout
I wouldn't think United are interested due to his present capabilities. Most likely they see future potential. Like most signings of this type, it's a risk.
You are right but why go after our "worst" top talent? Dembélé was the most impressive, so Dortmund decided to sign him, Nkoudou is now followed by Juventus, Lyon are apparently willing to make some room for Cornet and Lemar has outperformed all of them.

In my opinion in term of performances: Lemar>Cornet>Nkoudou>Dembélé>Ounas with Dembélé being the most talented.

Last edited:

Sultan

You are right but why go after our "worst" top talent? Dembélé was the most impressive, so Dortmund decided to sign him, Nkoudou is now followed by Juventus, Lyon are apparenly willing to make some room for Cornet and Lemar has outperformed all of them.

In my opinion in term of performances: Lemar>Cornet>Nkoudou>Dembélé>Ounas with Dembélé being the most talented.
You make a valid point. However, it's all about opinions. Mother time will only tell who made the right decision.

JPRouve

Scout

izec

Thats obviously because of the pressure and backlash. He wont go to Juve or Real, United bound