Adnan Januzaj | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
If Fellaini wasn't such a swamp donkey I'd be following Belgium. Ah well, looks like both the Netherlands and Spain will also have two United personnel involved.

And congratulations, Adnan.
Surely not Buttner? Or are you talking about van Gaal?

Mister Ed

I am sure it is only Chelsea fans who believe that.

Being one of Zultes best players (whoever the hell they are) makes for far more worthy of a World Cup place than being one of Man Utd's best players.

We are all biased to our own players but that is just delusional.
Oh god that really is riduclous, Thorgan hazard is nowhere near the level of Januzaj, nowhere near !

Ekeke

When Chelsea sell Eden to PSG, they'll be claiming neither of the Hazards should have gone to the world cup

HabeasC

This isn't WWE.
I don't know - add the pressure of the world cup to resentment of players and also the inherent prima donna nature of footballers - sparks could fly...

But, no, of course it is unlikely that there will be a fight. What I meant was that, at least Adnan will have a friend/someone he knows well in Fellaini if the dressing room is as hostile to him as some others believe (which I don't think it will anyway). It will help with integration into the squad, which can only be a good thing.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Chelsea fan's have probably never even seen Thorgen Hazard play :lol:

They are only saying it because he's a "blue" while Januzaj plays for us.

prateik

Ah here it is

Very surprising that Fellaini makes it and Nainggolan doesnt. And Benteke not even on standby, maybe we'll see Fellaini in his forward role
Holy shit. It's vanden Borre.
That guy is a legend.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I must say that while I am pleased for Adnan, I think he's been really cnutish by declaring for Belgium at the most convenient time.

All season his camp seemed to be spouting off negatively about how Wilmots or the Belgian FA were seemingly not asking him like royalty to play for them, while flirting with other nations. I love the kid, and it seems his dad has all the power anyway, but this episode has blotted my view of him a teeny weeny bit.

zing

Zingle balls
I must say that while I am pleased for Adnan, I think he's been really cnutish by declaring for Belgium at the most convenient time.

All season his camp seemed to be spouting off negatively about how Wilmots or the Belgian FA were seemingly not asking him like royalty to play for them, while flirting with other nations. I love the kid, and it seems his dad has all the power anyway, but this episode has blotted my view of him a teeny weeny bit.
He's a kid. He'll grow up and realized he acted poorly.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I'm glad that Januzaj made it, but I doubt he'd get many appearances. This'll be just like Eriksen's inclusion into Denmark's squad at the World Cup: he won't be considered for the first team, but he'll get a sub appearance when the perfect opportunity comes up, and if he impresses, Wilmots may consider him more for future matches in the World Cup.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Thorgan hasn't even been the that in the league. He started the season very well, but drifted out toward the latter stages. His statistics look good, but they are boosted by the fact he takes every set piece and penalties for his club. An attacking midfielder called Hans Vanaken has had an equally impressive season, basically carrying his club.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He's a kid. He'll grow up and realized he acted poorly.
Yea, I'm sure that will be the case. I won't hold it against him, and I think he should have been advised better anyway.

Brightonian

Sometimes when you watch a player excel over the course of a whole season, you don't realise just how good he's been. Seeing it all together like this - the way we often see the best players from other teams - is stunning.

Let's just revel for a moment.

EDIT: Oh, and this doesn't even include his last couple of games, I think, including Hull which was probably his most complete performance of the season.

Last edited:

Shark

@NotShark

Sometimes when you watch a player excel over the course of a whole season, you don't realise just how good he's been. Seeing it all together like this - the way we often see the best players from other teams - is stunning.

EDIT: Oh, and this doesn't even include his last couple of games, I think, including Hull which was probably his most complete performance of the season.
Too true, I think the fact that we've had such a disastrous season will also cloud things. Make no mistake though, this guy was the one true ray of light in Moyes' reign. If not the only.

It'll be amazing to see him develop under a top class manager now.

Ibi Dreams

I don't think that video includes the brilliant through ball he played through to Rooney from a wide left position (which Rooney missed but RVP still scored). He's bloody brilliant

Godfather

Great video that. Really been impressive the young lad. A bit of bulking up and he will be immense.

Water Melon

Adnan seems to have no nerves and is full of confidence. Him and Nani-at-his-best on the wings would let us fly. Hope he stays injury-free next season. Playing under LvG is probably one of the best things that could have happened to Januzaj.

Brightonian

Too true, I think the fact that we've had such a disastrous season will also cloud things. Make no mistake though, this guy was the one true ray of light in Moyes' reign. If not the only.
Yep, not the only for me, but one of very few and by far the brightest.

Brightonian

Great vid.
The number of times he is left alone is incredible. Really, we have to be one of the worst teams when it comes to off the ball movement. It's like watching friendlies.
Actually I think the others learnt to deliberately peel off him when he turned or beat a man, to draw players away and give him the space he needs to tear defences apart. That's why he's able to make such incisive runs. I do agree that lack of movement off the ball is a serious problem for us though. I'd actually probably consider it our number one tactical failing, and it has been for a few years now. We have the players with the ability to find the runner, pick out the through-ball, but too few actually doing the running to make those options possible.

United22

Very true. In fact if we were buying him right now and all watching this video we would be jizzing over him

Ballache

Supports
Martial
He handled some tricky questions very maturely especially regarding his choice at international level. Can't wait to see this guy develop.

The Red Thinker

Renties have to be one of the funniest lots in England :lol:

Pretty obvious why...

A young 18 yr old managed to break into the first team and become a major force down the wings through his first season, at the first team at THE BIGGEST CLUB IN THE WORLD in one the BIGGEST LEAGUES IN THE WORLD.

Idiot Renties.

XdanielredX

LOL at them all quoting stats saying Thorgan has been better than Januzaj.

One is playing for Manchester United and thriving.

One is playing for Zulte in the Belgium League after not being able to get into the Chelsea team and thriving.

Nah but Thorgan has more assists/goals so he should go, lulz.

Trizy

Our Adnan is Kaka (before 2008) 2.0 :drool:

Edit : 5:14 in that video.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Hope Mirallas loses his place to our Adnan, would be schweet revenge for his comments :devil:

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Isn't it ironic that he was complaining about Januzaj coming into the Belgian squad because of his nationality, at least that's what I interpreted it as. Mirallas is technically Spanish!

jeff_goldblum

Isn't it ironic that he was complaining about Januzaj coming into the Belgian squad because of his nationality, at least that's what I interpreted it as. Mirallas is technically Spanish!
I thought it was more that Januzaj hadn't participated in the qualifiers? Either way it wasn't his place to be mouthing off

Ekeke

Yeah it was because he didnt want himself or his friends missing out after qualifying Belgium for the tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.