Adnan Januzaj | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Energetic from Adnan so far in, looking a lot better than Shitrallas in the first half who put some kind of curse on himself with his twaddle it seems.

Lukaku's hattrick.

binary bot
Just left his marker on the ground, put a chance on a plate for Fellaini who...put it over the bar.

binary bot
I'd describe a free header from 10 yards as 'on a plate' for the average footballer.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Been good so far. BTW he's never fazed is he ? Aced the pre-season, took to first team football straightaway and now no nerves on his international debut. Good bet to go really far with this attitude.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Apart from the bit at the beginning he hasn't been that great... Lost the ball a few times he had a chance to run at his man and get past him.

King_Eric

:lol:

Not sure if he should do these kind of things too often. Not exactly stuff Wilmots wants to see.

King_Eric

The crowd already seems to love him though. Nice to see because there was a lot of criticism earlier this year because of his hesitation to commit to Belgium.

Truedevil

I would love to see an Adnan goal. Would give him a bit of confidence for the World cup.

Also De Bruyne is very talented. He would fit well in a team like Arsenal, Milan, Dortmund. I don't even know where does he play now. Hamburg maybe? He deserves to be in a bigger club.

Invictus

Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
I would love to see an Adnan goal. Would give him a bit of confidence for the World cup.

Also De Bruyne is very talented. He would fit well in a team like Arsenal, Milan, Dortmund. I don't even know where does he play now. Hamburg maybe? He deserves to be in a bigger club.
Wolfsburg. Mental that Jose let him go TBF.

King_Eric

Wolfsburg at the moment.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Anyone else think Mirallas was being unnecessarily petty when he criticised the decision to include Januzaj in the squad? Fair enough, in you don't agree with the decision (on the basis Januzaj didn't feature in the qualifying campaign) but airing your grievances publicly only serves one purpose, and it isn't a good one.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Anyone else think Mirallas was being unnecessarily petty when he criticised the decision to include Januzaj in the squad? Fair enough, in you don't agree with the decision (on the basis Januzaj didn't feature in the qualifying campaign) but airing your grievances publicly only serves one purpose, and it isn't a good one.
Absolutely.

Invictus

Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Mirallas is a knob. Clearly threatened by Adnan's emergence. No way to behave for a senior national team player.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yep. As invictus said, I think he's afraid to lose his spot and just looked even more like a knob by questioning the decision to include such a promising youngster in the team.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's looked very assertive. Not phased at all.

Invictus

Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Encouraging debut. Onwards and upwards now.

@MoneyMay will you make a Januzaj compilation for this match ? :)

LR7

Quality. Imagine we didn't have this lad. He's like a ray of hope in what is currently a bleak situation.
He is indeed but he's not the only one.

As an aside, outside of his obvious talent, his mentality is what sets him apart. Phil Neville said that when he was called to train with the first team before preseason last year he was like "I should have been in here yesterday not today..." Totally unfazed. Total belief in himself. If we had a CL final tomorrow you could bank on him putting in a confident performance. It's more than just the effervescence of youth though, he really is something special. Hope he features quite a bit in the WC. He's been an exciting player to watch at every level.

Brightonian

Just left his marker on the ground, put a chance on a plate for Fellaini who...put it over the bar.
Just go away if you're going to make bullshit up.
Actually having watched that clip, I'd say 100's summed that up pretty accurately. Utterly free header, had ages to see it coming, and couldn't even put it on target. Lovely bit of skill from Januzaj to leave his man on the ground and set that chance up.

Brightonian

Cannae wait for Van Gaal to mould him, it's going to be so beautiful.
I keep hearing this, and find the wording a bit odd. You'd want van Gaal to mould a player who's not quite getting it yet, who needs reshaping and redirecting to achieve his potential.

Januzaj just needs to be allowed to keep on doing what he's doing. Don't limit him, just unleash him.

Plugsy

Every player needs to be moulded and coached, even Ronaldo needed it. Natural ability will only ever get you so far. A case in point could be Nani. Januzaj can't just be allowed to 'be himself', he's a footballer not someone on a self-help edition of Rikki Lake, as there are elements of the game he'll have to learn, disciplines he'll have to master in order to succeed. I've no clue what specifically they'll be but there'll be some; might be tracking back, tackling, being coached in new techniques to improve his stamina or how to take on players.

Any player if left to their own devices won't really ever amount to much no matter who they are. Even Messi and Ronaldo are as they are at least partially through being coached to feck by very capable people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.