Status
Not open for further replies.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
DB/MC - Herrera
Januzaj ----------------- Di Maria
Rooney
Falcao
That's the only way I could see him fit in the XI when everyone is available.

I would even have him in the team for Chelsea next week because we need to target both full backs, especially Felipe Luis (no chance of it happening though, LvG won't bench RVP):

Blind - Carrick
Herrera
Januzaj - Falcao - Di Maria​

XdanielredX

Manchester United winger a £23 million Real Madrid target

Real Madrid are preparing a £23m January bid for 19 year old Manchester United winger Adnan Januzaj.

The Belgian international signed a five year deal last October, but has played a limited role in first team action under Louis van Gaal, not starting a single game. His lack of a first 11 place and the arrival of Angel di Maria are said to be two of the reasons he is considering a move.

Januzaj's desire to move is despite Louis van Gaal showing support for younger players in his squad. He has said he will encourage youngsters such as Luke Shaw and Phil Jones to play in next summer's European Under-21 Championships in the Czech Republic.

Reckon that's BS, didn't he recently just come out and say he's not moving and has no desire to move? Or his agent or whatever.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan

Real Madrid are preparing a £23m January bid for 19 year old Manchester United winger Adnan Januzaj.

The Belgian international signed a five year deal last October, but has played a limited role in first team action under Louis van Gaal, not starting a single game. His lack of a first 11 place and the arrival of Angel di Maria are said to be two of the reasons he is considering a move.

Januzaj's desire to move is despite Louis van Gaal showing support for younger players in his squad. He has said he will encourage youngsters such as Luke Shaw and Phil Jones to play in next summer's European Under-21 Championships in the Czech Republic.

Reckon that's BS, didn't he recently just come out and say he's not moving and has no desire to move? Or his agent or whatever.
Yeah, his agent this week said that United wanted to keep him for life and that he wants to stay and prove himself. This is an absolute nonsense story.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

There were similar reports on my career mode in FIFA but Januzaj assured me that he had no idea where those rumors started and that he was happy where he was. Don't think the reality is anything different.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Yes because he will have more playing time competing with Ronaldo, Bale, Isco and Jese then competing whatever wingers we'll have next season....

MDFC Manager

I hope he gets a start. He's been ripping it up in the U21s hasn't he? Plus the fact that he was at Carrington during the international break means he'd have had plenty of time to impress the boss

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I hope he gets a start. He's been ripping it up in the U21s hasn't he? Plus the fact that he was at I Carrington during the international break means he'd have had plenty of time to impress the boss
I thought he was away with the Belgium national team where he's being wasted on the bench? Didn't LVG say something about him not getting to play at all?

MDFC Manager

I thought he was away with the Belgium national team where he's being wasted on the bench? Didn't LVG say something about him not getting to play at all?
Oh you might be right, I just assumed he was in Manchester all along.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Oh you might be right, I just assumed he was in Manchester all along.
He may as well have stayed at Carrington, as being on his national team does nowt for his development.

LR7

Seems people are already judging him as if he is the finished article. He will make mistakes, he will give the ball away at times, occasionally he will shoot when he should have crossed to a teammate, but doing all of those things is the only way he will learn and improve. He was excellent last season given it was his debut season and the rest of the team were playing like shit. He won't get any better sitting on the bench and his potential needs to be nurtured. I'm not too worried atm because it's early days and at the rate we get injuries he could be in the starting line-up soon but I definitely think that for his sake, and ours in the long run, he needs to play more than he is at the moment. His progression this far, from the U18s to the first team has been astonishing in a relative short space of time, and it'd be a shame to see him stagnate. He's an exciting player to watch and he can definitely impact our games so I hope he is trusted a bit more in the coming weeks. Games against the likes of West Brom and Palace are ideal for him to be starting really (not trying to jinx anything).

MDFC Manager

Anyone else think he's going to start tonight in Valencia's position against Everton? I completely forgot about Valencia's injury and Januzaj would probably thrive in that position.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Anyone else think he's going to start tonight in Valencia's position against Everton? I completely forgot about Valencia's injury and Januzaj would probably thrive in that position.
Don't think so. It will Fletcher or Fellaini though I'd take Januzaj over Fellaini any day of the week.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Doubt it as I wouldn't think he would be trusted to perform his defensive duties.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Herrera is back, isnt he? I can only see him start at the expense of Mata or RvP

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
"It was interesting to read Adnan Januzaj's agent say over the weekend that he'd heard a rumour the Belgian could feature in tonight's game. Adnan's first-ever place in the senior 18 came at The Hawthorns in Sir Alex's last game in charge and he starred there at Reserves level a couple of years ago."

Source: Adam Marshall (United Today Live Blog)

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Why drop Mata? :eek:
Because he's not really done all that much when he's played. He had a good game against QPR in the 4-0 win, however he's been fairly anonymous in some games, such as our last one, despite the fact that people were expecting him to seize his chance now that Rooney was suspended. I wouldn't be against us starting Januzaj, who's not gotten a lot of game time this season despite his obvious potential.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Mata didn't play last week and I would think LvG will want to give him a run out prior to Chelsea. RvP played in both of the Netherlands games.

Personally I'd like to see Januzaj get a run out in RvP's place but whether LvG can risk that when he's still trying to get the RvP/Falcao combination to click I don't know.

JB7

Think it would be harsh to drop him either way, he's a great player and we are playing a system that is going to bring the best out of him. If I'd put Januzaj in for anyone at the moment, it would be for RVP.

ottosec

Maybe Falcao will be dropped? Didn't he play in New York a few days ago?

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Think it would be harsh to drop him either way, he's a great player and we are playing a system that is going to bring the best out of him. If I'd put Januzaj in for anyone at the moment, it would be for RVP.
I completely disagree. His defensive game is non-existent and he has to contribute much more as a midfielder than a striker. It's not like the role at the tip of the diamond is the same as no10 in 4-2-3-1, where you get the best of him really.

JB7

I completely disagree. His defensive game is non-existent and he has to contribute much more as a midfielder than a striker. It's not like the role at the tip of the diamond is the same as no10 in 4-2-3-1, where you get the best of him really.
It depends how you look at it, I agree he is more used to playing in a 4-2-3-1, however the current 4-1-2-1-2 diamond we are playing offers more defensive support behind him (3 midfielders instead of 2) and more strikers ahead of him (2 instead of 1) for him to pick out going forward. In reality we are playing a system that seems made for a player like Mata.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
I think our system doesn't suit Mata at all.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I think our system doesn't suit Mata at all.
Yeah, he'd be better suited to playing behind one striker, but with two up top he's got a lot more defensive responsibility and has to be relied upon to track back a bit more.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
It depends how you look at it, I agree he is more used to playing in a 4-2-3-1, however the current 4-1-2-1-2 diamond we are playing offers more defensive support behind him (3 midfielders instead of 2) and more strikers ahead of him (2 instead of 1) for him to pick out going forward. In reality we are playing a system that seems made for a player like Mata.
Both Herrera and especially Di Maria like to go forward, and it’s not like Rafael stays all time at the back either. In theory 2 strikers ahead of him should be better than one, but to be honest we are yet to see his creativity in our team. So far his stats are more about goals.

In reality we are playing a system that seems made for a player like Mata.
I don’t think so. The system we are playing is made for a play-maker also able to contribute defensively. While the latter is Mata’s weak point, I don’t see him as a playmaker at all. Like I said, just another striker.

IMO in this particular formation, Mata will not be a regular starter.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Yeah, he'd be better suited to playing behind one striker, but with two up top he's got a lot more defensive responsibility and has to be relied upon to track back a bit more.
Both Herrera and especially Di Maria like to go forward, and it’s not like Rafael stays all time at the back either. In theory 2 strikers ahead of him should be better than one, but to be honest we are yet to see his creativity in our team. So far his stats are more about goals.

I don’t think so. The system we are playing is made for a play-maker also able to contribute defensively. While the latter is Mata’s weak point, I don’t see him as a playmaker at all. Like I said, just another striker.

IMO in this particular formation, Mata will not be a regular starter.
Yeah, playing him behind two strikers is overkill, considering he plays like a second-striker.

If anything, he's better off having a go in van Persie's role. Push Herrera to the tip, put Carrick deep and Blind right.
Would make better use of Mata's skills, at least.

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Bleacher Report and the Mirror. Not even worth posting.

Shark

@NotShark
He needs to take this chance and show LVG what he's made of. Good luck to him, hope he has a cracker of a game.

LARulz

I hope he plays out wide and not up top. Feel he'd be a lot more useful there

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
The boys looking buff, put on a few pounds since last season. Good to see, hopefully not so easy pushed off the ball.
Looking forward to seeing how he fairs tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.