Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
He's been absolutely woeful tonight. Worse than Valencia.

MUFCpiffgawd

He's a good player, but ridiculously overrated by his fans in this thread which is inflating expectations of a kid who won't be able to live up to them.
you have to expect the overrating to some extent but Januzaj has had better games than this. Although i think he's much more effective in a front 3 or as a Right attacking mid.

Count Orduck

He was absolute piss today. Shocking. He contributed nothing whatsoever - in fact, we were net worse as a team for his presence in it this evening.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
you have to expect the overrating to some extent but Januzaj has had better games than this. Although i think he's much more effective in a front 3 or as a Right attacking mid.
Actually I think its unwarranted and grossly unfair to Januzaj's development for fans to perceive him as much better than he actually is. Some in this thread and others have compared him to the likes of Ronaldo, Zidane, et al which is utterly laughable.

El Zoido

He should have been switched to the left wing, he has a hard time trying to work it on to his left all the time.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was wank. More infuriating than Nani and that's saying something.

NoWinNoFee

kietotheworld mk2
Terrible, so frustrating, anyone who says he's a better talent or better right now than Sterling after that need their heads looking at.

Rossa

Looked timid on the pitch. In truth, they were never less than two defenders on him, but he was too indecisive with his passing also. He set up Rafael nicely one, but other than that he contributed little. He is doing himself few favors with performances like this.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He was poor tonight. It may be true that he's not had a lot of football, but he's ultimately going to struggle to get a lot at the current rate. I was hoping he was a good enough prospect so that he wouldn't need to go on loan, but if he doesn't manage to get a lot of opportunities then it wouldn't be the worst option in January. There's definitely a lot of potential there, so it would be a shame if it fizzles out. Hopefully won't happen though.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Said it before, he's not good enough to start ahead of our other attacking options

Brophs

The One and Only
So difficult to come in with very little football and perform immediately. He'll be alright.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Aye, absolute stinker tonight.

It's like he's trying too hard, needs to relax and not put so much pressure on himself. Think the early hype is maybe affecting him.

Only a kid, though, it'll come.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Nothing on Sterling. Not going to reach the heights people on here have predicted him to, which were ridiculous predictions anyway. Yet again a youth product gets overrated. He will become a good squad player and stand-in for years to come.

Rossa

Terrible, so frustrating, anyone who says he's a better talent or better right than Sterling after that need their heads looking at.
One match hardly defines talent, does it? That's a bit of a knee-jerk reaction. Sterling has been woeful plenty of times, as will both continue to be. Poor performance, but hardly a defining one at that.

LARulz

He improved when Fellani came on and Rafael started overlapping him. But was very hit and miss tonight. More miss.

PvsNP

He definitely needs to go on loan. He won't get the needed playing time here with performances like that.

Rossa

Nothing on Sterling. Not going to reach the heights people on here have predicted him to, which were ridiculous predictions anyway. Yet again a youth product gets overrated. He will become a good squad player and stand-in for years to come.
So spoke the Professor. Based on his previous performances, he is a great prospect. Based on this game people are going way over the top. I wonder why I post after matches... ridiculous altogether.

Vidicious

Flop
Yes, yes he's only young & he'll improve but given our current attacking options he's showed tonight he's nowhere near ready to play at the intensity we need. Back to U21s or on loan.

Roux

Awful - absolutely awful.

Never seen a player tackle himself soo many times!!!

Irrational.

Slows the ball and the play down, then loses the ball.

Beats man, puts in a woeful cross.

These were his only two settings today. It shows that he's not ready for a start yet. Reminiscent of Nani's final United performances.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
So spoke the Professor. Based on his previous performances, he is a great prospect. Based on this game people are going way over the top. I wonder why I post after matches... ridiculous altogether.
Previous performances early to mid season 2013/2014 maybe, with two goals and then 3 or 4 matches riding on a high afterwards... he fizzled out and has never been ignited again.

I never thought he was as good as people made him out to be on here, and his attributes are that of someone who won't reach the very top. Quote me on that.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Actually I think its unwarranted and grossly unfair to Januzaj's development for fans to perceive him as much better than he actually is. Some in this thread and others have compared him to the likes of Ronaldo, Zidane, et al which is utterly laughable.
Exactly, even last season he wasn't as good as people are making it. He has a great potential but that's it.
He is developing we should give him 2 season to grow and achieve his potential, right now he is not ready.

FromTheBench

He was lacking in confidence today and played it too safe.

Though he wasn't as bad as some are making out for me.

LARulz

I also for the record think he did more than Mata tonight. Can't think of much Mata did in the game

Rossa

Previous performances early to mid season 2013/2014 maybe, with two goals and then 3 or 4 matches riding on a high afterwards... he fizzled out and has never been ignited again.

I never thought he was as good as people made him out to be on here, and his attributes are that of someone who won't reach the very top. Quote me on that.
I probably will, as will many. It's amazing how so many players, coaches and managers hail him as a terrific prospect - one that has world class written all over him if he develops like he can, yet you think of him as a squad player. You know better than those experts, but then again...

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
His worst performance in a United shirt. I thought from the first few minutes that he looked like he was playing with a point to prove and was trying too hard.

It was actually embarrassing how many times he miscontrolled the ball and let it go out of play, especially when there was no or little pressure on him. He often slowed play up and looked short of ideas aside from two passes one to Rafael and another I forget who to. I wonder was it because he was played on the right? Did this expose him as being woefully one-footed? Whatever, I feel sorry for the lad as he was terrible and he must know that himself. Let's just hope he puts this performance behind him and if he is as good as everyone hopes, then does what great players do and comes back stronger the next time he plays.

Rossa

I also for the record think he did more than Mata tonight. Can't think of much Mata did in the game
Mata was more involved in our game, but the position warrants that. Both of them created little though. What I expected with Januzaj and Di Maria was that we would attack them with pace, but that didn't happen at all. If they struggle with their fullbacks, why not switch sides? We create chances, don't get me wrong, but Januzaj and Mata created too few.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
I probably will, as will many. It's amazing how so many players, coaches and managers hail him as a terrific prospect - one that has world class written all over him if he develops like he can, yet you think of him as a squad player. You know better than those experts, but then again...
I am the herder, not the sheep.

LS17

He was awful. He's overrated, a lot. Last year we saw people actually comparing him to Sterling. He'll be a very good player I've no doubt but I don't think he's currently half the player some seem to think he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.