5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RonaldoVII

Thought he played alright tonight, 2nd half in particular putting in a few good crosses and beating men. Hopefully he stays around the 1st team and gets another chance, particularly in the replay at Old Trafford.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He looked more confident in the second half and his direct play was back. He needs some regular first team action.

luckyspurs

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Him and Rojo were the best players, but still lacked a bit of end product and sure touch at pace (his touch at walking pace was quality, but not so much when sprinting). Nice shot from the left side of the box and the cross was really nice if anyone had gone for it.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
He was one of our best players. Maybe a little slow at times but our only real attacking outlet. Showed up some of his superstar teammates.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Probably our best forward although Di Maria was significantly less shit second half. Hope he gets a few more opportunities and maybe a goal or two.

m1y2

by far the best control of the ball and dribbling of all players, him and herrera, neither of them is starter, shocking. I think we should also try to play him further the pitch where he can use his good control and sharp turn and vision which he showed today for instance when he fed Blind and rather give di maria box to box role where he can work hard..

m1y2

Sorry but I still don't see the hype of him. Looked no more a talent than a couple of the Cambridge players like McGeehan and Donaldson. OK, those two might be a bit older, but they are League 2 players!
he was our best player ahead of di maria, RVP etc... so called world class palyers... he showed his ability not that he would be less shite than others...even played out of position and after a long time sidelined. For how long have you been watching football?

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Looked very good.

Weirdly enough, I don't really trust LvG to develop him the right way. I would have said the exact opposite at the start of the season but I don't think LvG is a big fan of him, hope I'm wrong. Feel the same about Herrera.

drdoityourself

He just got better and better throughout a hard game. If he was actually given some game time he could be key to saving us from our drone football.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Didn't look great early on, but certainly grew into it. Good to see.

In Rainbows

by far the best control of the ball and dribbling of all players, him and herrera, neither of them is starter, shocking. I think we should also try to play him further the pitch where he can use his good control and sharp turn and vision which he showed today for instance when he fed Blind and rather give di maria box to box role where he can work hard..
His touch to get him from his back facing the goal to facing the goal is fantastic. It's one of the reasons why I think he's a #10.

Thought he looked effective in both halves, but looked more limited on the wing if that makes sense. Just felt that his options out on the wing is to just dribble or cross. It worked for him this time, but on other occasions his dribbles could fail and it will collapse his effectiveness/performance out on the wing. It's a clear difference in play style.

Part of the problem is that he didn't have a proper fb that can quickly join in on the attacks by offering another passing option and also Di Maria sort of taking his space centrally. I wasn't sure who was the #10 and who was the lcm. The attack would have been far more effective with Di Maria playing deeper than Januzaj and having Shaw offer both players a quicker passing option.

Good game from Adnan today.

Devil may care

His confidence grew throughout the game which was good to see, of course it'll be for naught if he is back to the bench vs Leicester.

Superpolfcb

Van Gaal really has a decision to make about Januzaj this month.
Either he decides a 433 (or 442) and Januzaj will be heavily used during the rest of the season or he should give him his loan spell.

He's too good and too young to be on the bench right now. The only thing really missing at the moment is confidence and the experience to deal with different situations during games. He won't learn that in training, he needs games.
There's only 16 PL games and it doesn't look very likely that Januzaj will play a lot of them. Surely Van Gaal knows how he sees the rest of the season. He shouldn't keep Januzaj around to be an impact sub in 5 of these games

ottosec

Our best player tonight. Needs to play more. Drop one of the donkeys upfront, they are useless anyway.

Acole9

Outstanding
Better in the second half, a couple of decent crosses into the box.

Heinzesight

Proud of him today, tried to make things happen, looked hungry to impress but was let down by pretty much everyone around him. Hopefully he can keep it up.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Thought he was good all the way throughout the match other than towards the end when Ander came on and we played heavily on the right so he didn't get on the ball as much. Was trying to force it more in the second and looked to have more confidence, hopefully van Gaal had a chat with him at HT not to worry as much about losing the ball now and then. Need to see him on the pitch more. Lovely bit of close control at the end there too before the Di Maria shot.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
One of the only players we have that will actually take on his man (and stand a good chance of beating him). Thing is, are Januzaj and Di Maria offering us anything that Nani didnt, or couldnt?

I do want to see Januzaj getting more gametime but that effectively means switching to a one-striker system, which it seems LVG doesnt want to do.

Januzaj - much like Nani - is a player who needs consistent gametime in order to actually build some form. Sporadic sub appearances and the likes really dont allow him to get any confidence.

Empire

He did well when he went wide on the left flank and might have made a case for the 4-2-3-1, with Shaw and Rafael returning we have a left back and back up in Blind, RB and back up in Valencia, Januzaj and di Maria up top with Valencia as a back up option for winger too.

It means Rooney competing with Mata and RVP with Falcao but I have no problem with that. Louis van Gaal won't be messing around either because he knows that the race for top four is going to be tight, he'll do whatever he thinks will get him the points.

Fellaini and Herrera can both play the 8, Carrick and Blind 6.

And we have time until the window shuts, considering Valencia is our back up option for winger, surely we can improve the selection!

Roboc7

Better but still not back to his best and a lot to learn, the talent is there though and in of level ways the replay could be a good thing for us as it will give him another game

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Showed a lot more confidence in the 2nd half. Give him a run, not as a wingback, and watch him shine. Brought an unpredictable twist that we've been sorely missing.

Americano

Make America Great Again!
Has been our best player alongside Rojo in the first half.
I was frustrated by his hesitation to shoot at the end of the first half, but I feel pleased with his performance. I saw some solid tackles, clever passes, and clean touches from him that to me show his quality.

I do want to see more aggression but for a player who has not gotten consistent minutes I think he made a case to play more.

m1y2

One of the only players we have that will actually take on his man (and stand a good chance of beating him). Thing is, are Januzaj and Di Maria offering us anything that Nani didnt, or couldnt?

I do want to see Januzaj getting more gametime but that effectively means switching to a one-striker system, which it seems LVG doesnt want to do.

Januzaj - much like Nani - is a player who needs consistent gametime in order to actually build some form. Sporadic sub appearances and the likes really dont allow him to get any confidence.
Is there any other top team in the world where this system works? I doubt it, no big team plays on two strikers while also having 5 defenders... Why do we stick to it when we saw it didn't work so far? Nobody knows, well maybe we wanted to utilize both or all three of our so called world class strikers. Hope we get a winger or two and finally some player we are missing for a long long time, some defensive midfielder because I can't just watch 34 yo walking Carrick around the pitch. It is even worse when his passing is off. Then we can use Januzaj more and most likely our no9 strikers will play better in 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 also. We just need to wait and stay frustrated until another big money spending spree comes in summer

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Everyone remembers he has talent... he made some poor choices here and there, and dithered on the ball a little like when Ronaldo started out but at least he showed some bollocks and imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.