5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crumpsall Red

He's 20 years old for gods sake. Nearly 2 years younger than Harry Kane ..... who I'd never heard of 2 yrs ago! Adnan is a special player with a lot to learn ..... massive potential which wil only really come to fruition in 2 or 3 years time.

Cantona'sCollar

I'd rather have Januzaj than Ronaldo in our squad. Never liked his me me me antics. He may be the ultimate professional, but not the ultimate team player in my humble opinion.
That's unbelievable, no offence. Team player or not, Ronaldo is outscoring every football team in the world, except for the title contenders of each league. If United reach the CL final next year & you had to choose who played on the left wing, Ronaldo or Januzaj, would you really choose Januzaj?

Edit: It's worth pointing out that I am a massive Januzaj fan, by the way. I think he will go on to be a world great, if he ever fulfills his potential.

Last edited:

R'hllor

If he keeps working extremely hard,there is no need to fear for his future.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's 20 years old for gods sake. Nearly 2 years younger than Harry Kane ..... who I'd never heard of 2 yrs ago! Adnan is a special player with a lot to learn ..... massive potential which wil only really come to fruition in 2 or 3 years time.
I wouldn't disagree with this but would say he shouldn't be a player we rely on right now and the fact we do says more about us than him. Nowhere near the standard for a regular right now imo.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
New Balance. I think everyone who wore warrior are now wearing new balance. Not sure why they didn't just use the new balance name from the start.
cheers. i thought so too, but i've never seen an "n" on them. unlike fellaini's which do, and i was assuming they were more or less the same boot.

for those who play, is there much of a difference between nike vapour and NB? ... can't help but notice adnan hasn't scored since he made the switch. :P

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I single out Januzaj because we haven't really seen him in a high pressured game like this, where we HAVE to win and I'm just interested to see how he copes in that situation.

Nothing more to it really :)
You are asking a lot. He wasn't able to perform against weaker opponents very often this season(same as rest of our team), I hardly doubt we will see much from him this weekend. But one can hope. Btw, we saw last year he can be good in big games.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
You are asking a lot. He wasn't able to perform against weaker opponents very often this season(same as rest of our team), I hardly doubt we will see much from him this weekend. But one can hope. Btw, we saw last year he can be good in big games.
Last year we weren't exactly fighting for anything though. Season was pretty much over in January

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
cheers. i thought so too, but i've never seen an "n" on them. unlike fellaini's which do, and i was assuming they were more or less the same boot.

for those who play, is there much of a difference between nike vapour and NB? ... can't help but notice adnan hasn't scored since he made the switch. :P
He used to wear white-out warrior boots, the new balance ones are new so not sure how long he has been wearing them. Here is a picture of him in a match and there are some pictures of him in training wearing black ones. He used to wear the nike hypervenoms, which have the same honeycomb looking texture as the NB ones. Never worn either but I wouldn't think they'd make much of a difference.

beergod

Ronaldo was excruciatingly inconsistent, had ridiculously bad decision making, was a bit of a selfish prat, was labelled a big game bottler, dove on every occasion, hadn't developed his rocket free kick technique, didn't even score a European goal till age 21, did nothing when we got steamrolled by the likes of Chelsea and Milan and crashed out of the group stages in 2005/ 2006 - finishing 4th behind Benfica, Villarreal and Lille. It wasn't until the 2006/ 2007 season that he really started to assert himself as one of the top players in the game.
People forget that he was almost as infuriating as he exhilarating prior to the 06/07 season. Also, Cristiano made 31 appearances for Sporting before we acquired him. Just because Adnan isn't a Messi or Fabregas that is extremely good at a young age doesn't mean he can't develop into a top player.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I think he needs some game time. Play a 433 / 4231 with him and Di Maria on the wings.
The more he plays, the more he is going to do the right things I believe.
He is the only player who is willing to pick up the ball and run at defenders, and he does it will, and beats his man a lot, he just needs to learn to pass more than shoot, and to make the passes effective

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
I think he needs some game time. Play a 433 / 4231 with him and Di Maria on the wings.
The more he plays, the more he is going to do the right things I believe.
He is the only player who is willing to pick up the ball and run at defenders, and he does it will, and beats his man a lot, he just needs to learn to pass more than shoot, and to make the passes effective
This is massively setting him back, call me crazy but on slow pace/static positions there's no one in the team who beats defenders so easily, not even di Maria. He just seems to glide past them as if there nothing, if he learns to not dive, shoot in right positions and remain calm and pass the ball to players in better positions, it would be a huge asset for this playing style as he could make something happen out of nothing. It's really frustrating to see him beat Monreal three times in quick succession and have 0 end product.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Last year we weren't exactly fighting for anything though. Season was pretty much over in January
Actually, his best games were in first part of the season, when we were fighting on all fronts and when the pressure on the team was bigger than at the end when everyone gave up on us anyway. He was putting some good performances back then when rest of our team played like shit. He rarely performed good when we were already out of everything and relaxed anyway, I can only remember last home game against Wigan where he played good, apart from that, he was poor in second half of the season once the season ended for us.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Actually, his best games were in first part of the season, when we were fighting on all fronts and when the pressure on the team was bigger than at the end when everyone gave up on us anyway. He was putting some good performances back then when rest of our team played like shit. He rarely performed good when we were already out of everything and relaxed anyway, I can only remember last home game against Wigan where he played good, apart from that, he was poor in second half of the season once the season ended for us.
Aston Villa, Newcastle, Hull City?

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Apart from matches vs Liverpool/City etc, I didnt think he was poor. He played significantly less but in the matches vs midtable and lower he was still fine imo.
He was definitely significantly weaker in second half of the season.

Sam

Anyone reckon Januzaj not playing yesterday and then playing for the reserves today might just be a slight 'punishment' from LVG for that dive against Arsenal?

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Anyone reckon Januzaj not playing yesterday and then playing for the reserves today might just be a slight 'punishment' from LVG for that dive against Arsenal?
no, he didn't play yesterday because it was a good chance to give Perreira some first team football and he's playing tonight to stay fit in accordance with the philosophy.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Lost his place in the Belgian NT for some kid who's playing in France. Shame.
That is a shame indeed. Who's the kid?

Adnan will have to work hard in the off season and will enjoy the benefit of returning to training with the rest of the team at the same time. He didnt have that this year, and it seems he never really caught up. It didnt help his cause he was dealing with a new manager either.

Onwards and upwards and all that.

Mark_GrumpyLion

That is a shame indeed. Who's the kid?

Adnan will have to work hard in the off season and will enjoy the benefit of returning to training with the rest of the team at the same time. He didnt have that this year, and it seems he never really caught up. It didnt help his cause he was dealing with a new manager either.

Onwards and upwards and all that.
Michy Batshuayi from Marsseille.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Michy Batshuayi from Marsseille.
He has been on good form to be fair, but he is more of a central striker. I would imagine he, Lukaku and Benteke will be their lead strikers for years. I guess between Hazard/De bruyne/Mertens/Mirallas Januzaj is going to have trouble breaking into that setup soon. He definitely need's to step it up and play more regularly/better than this season, but I am sure he will.

HabeasC

Another upside to us using the 433 is that now Adnan should hopefully get a few more chances than he was. He didn't really fit into the 41212 or the 352 as he isn't ready to start at CAM yet, is not a WB, nor is he an out and out striker.

Here he can play either side of the striker, which at the minute, is probably the best place for him.

ChrisG11

I wouldn't say having a "false winger" is essential to the system, I just think allowing Mata to drift inside is the best way to utilise him in that position. In my opinion, he's a useful option for any of the positions behind the striker, from what I can remember though his best performances have come when he's been on the left.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
I agree that this set up is ideal for him, but previous setups other than 3-5-2 were fine too.

It's up to him now to make an impression. He's had a few opportunities but something has been missing from his game this year in general. Maybe it's even just confidence? I dont know, but I hope he raises the bar.

RedStarUnited

Between Depay/Bale/Sterling, it seems most in here have given up on him.

Who would have thought that this time last year...

JohnnyLaw

Unless you've got Ribery/RObben, Neymar/Messi or Bale/Ronaldo running down your flanks you'd be wishing for those kinds of talents in your team. That being said i'm disappointed with his progress, and lately i've been a bit underwhelmed watching the compilations from his u21 appearances. But he's only 20 years old and players rarely follow a straight line in their progression.

NL Max

Dutch ITK, for reals

Van Gaal likes inverted wingers, he's up against Di Maria and Mata. Bale too, but I seriously doubt he's coming. Memphis or Sterling would play on the left.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

He had a decent game against Burnley, showed some maturity and was generally more careful with the ball.

I don't think one off season will hurt his development, after the hype last season i think it is good for him being out of the spotlight and keep improving.
He also have to adapt to a more possession based system, where last season he would be relied upon to make something happen, and he was given alot of freedom to do what he wanted.

LvG is the right man to polish the diamond, Januzaj will have to be patient and listen to the great man, i still feel sky is the limit for this kid.

m1y2

I guess he would be pretty useful now when the team already clicked. Understand that VG will not change the line up as it's winning team right now and it's need to make top4 but he might give him some minutes at the end of season when we seal the second place against Arsenal..

Status
Not open for further replies.