Adnan Januzaj

Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
What's the bets they show the Reither incident on MotD and joke about it as being a 'welcome to the premiership' and that he'll need to 'toughen up' rather then criticise Reither for being a snide cnut.
They'll probably ignore it altogether.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
What I find incredible is the fact that he didn't feature once last season, but only three months later, he's a staple of the first-team and one of our most important players.

Unbelievable.

Gerald G

What I find incredible is the fact that he didn't feature once last season, but only three months later, he's a staple of the first-team and one of our most important players.

Unbelievable.
Yep unbelievable. Only really good into the U21s as a regular around November time last year too. I could have never predicted he would have progress at this rate.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
What's the bets they show the Reither incident on MotD and joke about it as being a 'welcome to the premiership' and that he'll need to 'toughen up' rather then criticise Reither for being a snide cnut.

I can imagine Hansen leading the rhetoric now. Disgraceful behaviour really. Flair players must be protected, they are who the fans come to see.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
That's disgraceful. Even before the cnutish stamp, he launches himself at Adnan even though his pal Kasami had control of the ball.
Fellaini is first in on the scene, that's good to see
That has to be at least a three-match ban.

Despicable.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It's so difficult to believe that he's 18, he plays with no fear whatsoever, is so comfortable on the ball and has such a great amount of confidence and fantasy. He could actually become one of the best players in the world in a few years and I believe he's the first player since 18-year old Ronaldo burst onto scene to make such impression at United.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Going to take shit from many on here for this but this was the most pleasing performance so far by Januzaj for me. By no means was it his best but for me, it was the most pleasing so far. He looked experienced, he wasn't having a blinder, so he went back to basics, he didn't try and take everyone on at every opportunity. He just did his job like an old pro. It didn't look like a youngster out there trying to impress, he just looked like he belonged.

In saying that, at the end of the game when I was saying to myself it has been a very mature performance by him, he took the ball to the corner when the only outcome was going to result in him being kicked, he will learn from that, it could have gone very wrong but good to see him get straight back up and not roll around like a few of our players do.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
I think he's more rounded and has better decision making than Ronaldo had when he was 18.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Going to take shit from many on here for this but this was the most pleasing performance so far by Januzaj for me. By no means was it his best but for me, it was the most pleasing so far. He looked experienced, he wasn't having a blinder, so he went back to basics, he didn't try and take everyone on at every opportunity. He just did his job like an old pro. It didn't look like a youngster out there trying to impress, he just looked like he belonged.

In saying that, at the end of the game when I was saying to myself it has been a very mature performance by him, he took the ball to the corner when the only outcome was going to result in him being kicked, he will learn from that, it could have gone very wrong but good to see him get straight back up and not roll around like a few of our players do.
See what you mean and somewhat agree with that.

vuc

First Team Serb
That stamp on him was disgusting. I think it's worse than a 3 match ban. He tries to stamp him first time, and then he does it the second. Prick. Credit to the kid though for getting up straight away.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Was it the same guy who then later shown smiling when he got a Utd shirt at the end of the match?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
That stamp on him was disgusting. I think it's worse than a 3 match ban. He tries to stamp him first time, and then he does it the second. Prick. Credit to the kid though for getting up straight away.

Obviously nobody likes to see a young player getting that sort of treatment but it's a great sign. I love to see a player his age so talented and with that bit of swag about him that gets under the skin of the opposition to the point that they have to kick him when he's on the floor.

So exciting to have his future to look forward to.

Amir

Have you forgotten how Ronaldo was a luxury one trick pony
It's just about impossible to predict a player could go as high as the level of Ronaldo. We knew he had good talent, that he can be a terrific player, but THIS good? Who saw that? Who saw Bale turning from a decent left back into a terrific attacker?

Januzaj can be a top player. Whether he reaches that very, very rare level - which currently only two really reach - who knows. When the top tier is so small and so good, tier two is still absolutely brilliant. And he can certainly be there.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Don't like the Ronaldo talk personally. I mean he was a guy who was compared to our greatest ever player who played for us 50 years back. That's how rare it is to get someone of that level if ever. If he's reached the level of an ozil or something I'd be over the moon.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Don't like the Ronaldo talk personally. I mean he was a guy who was compared to our greatest ever player who played for us 50 years back. That's how rare it is to get someone of that level if ever. If he's reached the level of an ozil or something I'd be over the moon.
No ones comparing him to Ronaldo or even that he can get to the level that Ronaldo achieved. But there's no doubting that an 18 year old Januzaj (IMO) is a lot more mature, a lot more calm & composed, a lot more intelligent and a lot more versatile than an 18 year old Ronaldo.

Basically he has a lot more in his locker now, than what Ronaldo did at 18. Does that mean he goes on to be a better player? Of course not, but he has it in himself to be as good as he wants.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Any word of Riether getting rained down on by the retrospective ban-hammer?

I don't think I'm being biased in suggesting Riether has committed two separate red card offences in that one clash. The kick and then the stamp. If done individually, a red card wouldn't be a surprising call if spotted. He's done both. A 3 or 4 game ban seems fair. If one of our players did that, I'd be pretty disgusted and wouldn't be opposed to them getting a ban.

LR7

Did he he get a yellow, if so then there is no chance of retrospective punishment?

I think the referee gave Fulham a free kick against Adnan. How he came to that conclusion is beyond me. But yeah, given that the stamp and kick were unpunished (had to be unseen as there's no way the ref could excuse it) I expect something to be done about it, but the hasn't been too much fuss in the media which leads me to think they might just try to brush it under the carpet.

LR7

Unbelievable.
This time last season he was still in the U18s. Hadn't even made the step up to the U21s yet. I think it was obvious that he would make it in the first team, but the rate of progression has been slightly (pleasantly) surprising. But then saying that he's ballsy and unfazed and at every level he has progressed he has slotted in straight away and quickly become (one of) the best player.

I was extremely surprised that SAF didn't use him in the four dead rubbers at the end of last season. I remember saying at the time that we should have played him in the lot of them.

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
:eek: He never said that he hates anyone (his father), but of course he feels offended if someone says that Januzaj will play for Serbia or some other nonsense like that.

Kosovans have very good relations with Croats so it's a bit hard to find a Kosovan who hates Croats.

Just a minor correction, Adnan is not Kosovan, he's Albanian.

And this is why he should play for Belgium.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
I think he's more rounded and has better decision making than Ronaldo had when he was 18.
Two different players. Ronaldo had more skill and pace, but Januzaj definitely has a better footballing brain when it comes to team play. There's no way Ronaldo would have made the pass a few games back where Rooney was 1on1 and RvP ended up scoring - hell, I'm not even sure Ronaldo would now! So yeah, more rounded is probably a quite accurate description.

One thing that's really surprised me is how well he gets off against much bigger players. Looks very solid on the ball for a 18-year-old even when the opponent is doing everything possible to push him off. I mean, everyone following him in the academy squads knew he had the ability, but I'm sure many were concerned by his lack of physique.

Revan

Assumptionman

Just a major correction, Adnan is an Albanian from Kosovo (so he is a Kosovan-Albanian). And he'll play for the nation he choose.

LR7

Revan is right on this his parents are Kosovar-Albanian and he apparently spends every summer at his family home in Kosovo. Seems to be in his heart but where there he chooses to play for them is another issue.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
If he chooses Belgium, will he make their World Cup squad for the summer? Wilmots chased him pretty hard for the last two Belgium games so he must be pretty sweet on him.

wonnie

Two different players. Ronaldo had more skill and pace, but Januzaj definitely has a better footballing brain when it comes to team play. There's no way Ronaldo would have made the pass a few games back where Rooney was 1on1 and RvP ended up scoring - hell, I'm not even sure Ronaldo would now! So yeah, more rounded is probably a quite accurate description.

One thing that's really surprised me is how well he gets off against much bigger players. Looks very solid on the ball for a 18-year-old even when the opponent is doing everything possible to push him off. I mean, everyone following him in the academy squads knew he had the ability, but I'm sure many were concerned by his lack of physique.

Ronaldo in his first season or two wasn't as pacey as when he got a little bit more older around 2006-2007 IMO.

Januzaj as you have said has a better footballing brain and more awareness of what's going around him - I think that helps with him being able to fend people off the ball. He puts his body in front of the ball so the opposition can't tackle him as easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.