Adrien Rabiot / completing formalities at Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostov

According to the below he was on 60K in 2018. Am sure we could give him a decent raise and still have him earning in line with the likes of Lingard so not going to cause dressing room unrest.

https://www.totalsportek.com/money/psg-salaries/
That seems low and very reasonable pay rise for him would be a good deal for us. Even at 150k we would be getting a 50m player for nothing.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Not really, he would moan and that's about it. Rabiot is irritating but he isn't an actual problem, plenty of players are moany but you don't really hear about it because they aren't playing for the likes of PSG, a club that receives a massive amount of coverage in France. Rabiot is only an issue for fans and a player that a manager manage.
Bollocks. Not seen many players kick up a fuss and have their mum talk to the press so much. Ridiculous to compare him to others that don't kick up a fuss in public, celebrate their team losing etc. There's no comparison unless it's to somebody like Icardi, then you'd be correct.

neilv93

I thought clubs can register free transfers outside with window? Used to do it all the time on FM.
As Roonster says, only free agents. But even so, we would not be able to register them in the league or CL due to the registration deadlines passing long ago. We could theoretically sign, say, Berbatov now but he would only be able to play in the FA Cup before July 1. Likewise, as I say, we could sign Rabiot on a pre-contractual agreement but he obviously wouldn't join until July 1 anyway.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Bollocks. Not seen many players kick up a fuss and have their mum talk to the press so much. Ridiculous to compare him to others that don't kick up a fuss in public, celebrate their team losing etc. There's no comparison unless it's to somebody like Icardi, then you'd be correct.
To be fair, I don't think his mum asks permission before she opens her mouth to the press. Also, his relationship with the club is so damaged that one can argue him liking Evra's post is out of character. Rabiot obviously has faults but PSG have handled this very badly imo.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
His mother is his agent, agents talk to the press all the time and he moans but he hasn't done anything special that concerns PSG. As for celebrating the team losing, we are talking about a club that recently tried to sanction him by not paying the ethic prime for January because he wasn't at Doha, the reason he wasn't at Doha is because his grandmother died and his father was dying. They forced him to train away from the first team because he doesn't want to extend and they got sanctioned by the league because of that.

Rabiot and Icardi have nothing to do with each others, it's amazing that you try to paint a portrait that isn't even close to reality.

beer&grill

I think he is, or at least should be smart enough to know that continuing with those kind of antics at the next club will damage his reputation even more and may find it hard to join a big club after.

Taking a punt on him is a good deal imo, the other options(considering we need a CM) being either buying a 50-60m player which may or may not click, or spending big on an already estabilished world class player which would use a big part of our budget, which may be better used fixing more in need positions.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
His mother is his agent, agents talk to the press all the time and he moans but he hasn't done anything special that concerns PSG. As for celebrating the team losing, we are talking about a club that recently tried to sanction him by not paying the ethic prime for January because he wasn't at Doha, the reason he wasn't at Doha is because his grandmother died and his father was dying. They forced him to train away from the first team because he doesn't want to extend and they got sanctioned by the league because of that.

Rabiot and Icardi have nothing to do with each others, it's amazing that you try to paint a portrait that isn't even close to reality.
Good point It's as if some posters see all players having the same temperament and agenda, when clearly each has a different extrinsic motivation

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Are there any credible links or is this thread just pure conjecture?

deadrevelz

Are there any credible links or is this thread just pure conjecture?
It's just rumours linking us with him, however the stories about him being sanctioned by PSG, unlikely to sign a new contract so leaving on a free this summer is credible.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
It's just rumours linking us with him, however the stories about him being sanctioned by PSG, unlikely to sign a new contract so leaving on a free this summer is credible.
I know that that he's leaving PSG but has any reputable journo linked us with him? Otherwise why is there such big discussion over him?

deadrevelz

I know that that he's leaving PSG but has any reputable journo linked us with him? Otherwise why is there such big discussion over him?
Like I said it's just rumours linking us. People are discussing because it's approaching silly season and he's on a free.

JPRouve

Scout
Good point It's as if some posters see all players having the same temperament and agenda, when clearly each has a different extrinsic motivation
If I was to make a comparison Yaya Touré would be the closest player. They are not bad apples but they seem to be high maintenance players while not really affecting their teammates.

Fosu-Mens

With OGS and his main strength (as stated by some players and himself) being able to know how to motivate/handle/accommodate different players/personalities, getting a player like Rabiot on a free and make him perform could be rewarding. Especially if we play him as a CDM.
Only issue is the wage demands and him being perceived or being a difficult person. I would take the gamble if we are able to give him a sensible contract.

Devil may care

While he is entitled, one of his issues with the club is supposed to be that he thinks that PSG academy players aren't treated fairly compared to some of the expensive players. He thinks that he is as good but no as respected/valued and while he has a point because Al Khelaifi created that situation by having his favorites who are always welcome to his office and are supposed to even go clubbing and dining with him.
What bothers me with him is that he has the ability and had the opportunity to force the club's hand by simply replacing Thiago Motta and learn from him too, instead of focusing on trivial off field issues.
Taking the prima-donna aspect of his personality out of it for a second, this is perhaps the most irritating part about him, his coaches have told him where his best position is but he isn't interested in listening and learning because he wants to play a role with more flash and spotlight.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
If I was to make a comparison Yaya Touré would be the closest player. They are not bad apples but they seem to be high maintenance players while not really affecting their teammates.
If he's anywhere near as good, I'll be very happy.

Yaya at his best was unplayable

ash_86

Rabiot didn't refuse to play. PSG are not playing him as he rejected contract extension.
Where's this from? His manager has been forced to play without him as the owner's have taken offence to his stated desire to move. He'd be a shoo-in if not for this. As for NT, ummm, he's not the first player to have had issues with NT. Across teams and generations, these things do happen. I'm not saying he has no issues, but those that are being cited are frankly not the kind that make me say we should steer clear.
Obviously we know only one half of what' going on. Shouldn't other clubs be all over him especially for no transfer fee? There are so many other targets that we could be looking us without worrying about these stuff. Think if SAF was in-charge we'd be staying clear from this deal.

JPRouve

Scout
Obviously we know only one half of what' going on. Shouldn't other clubs be all over him especially for no transfer fee? There are so many other targets that we could be looking us without worrying about these stuff. Think if SAF was in-charge we'd be staying clear from this deal.
SAF signed a player with a far worse history. In reality it all depends on how the preliminary meeting goes, if SAF or in our case Ole has a good vibe with Rabiot then he could sign him. There is nothing that actually makes Rabiot untouchable. Someone like Mourinho wouldn't sign him but that's because he is himself a diva.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
PSG director said in interview that Rabiot won't play till he signs extension and IIRC Tuchel said decision is taken by leadership.

beingshe7don

After deliberating on Neves, Rabiot and Ndombele, I think Ndombele is a must get at all cost. If we lose out on him, he's definitely going to City or some other team which could prove to be a really bad decision for us. Ndombele for 60m and Rabiot on a free as a Matic replacement would be phenomenal piece of business but I don't think we'll get two midfielders unless we resign to losing Herrera. But then again we would still have Matic, Mctominay, Pereira, Fred, Pogba. Bringing in Fred was such a bad decision when we could have brought in Ndombele instead. Mourinho's policy of not letting your competition have the players by acquiring Sanchez and Fred has left us in a sticky situation.

Stacks

Refused to be on standby for his country?

JPRouve

Scout
Refused to be on standby for his country?
It has nothing to do with PSG and it's not really different to Evra organizing a strike in South Africa. I don't like it but it has nothing to do with their day to day lives with their clubs.

Danillaco

He's actually a very good player, much better than the overrated Ruben Neves that plays for Wolves.

Eric Cantona was a much bigger cnut than Rabiot ever will be. Cantona was such trouble in France that they couldn't wait to see the back off him. Cantona wasn't considered a top talent in France and subsequently ended up at Sheffield Wednesday before he moved to Leeds and won a title. After a short stint at Leeds, he again caused trouble amongst the dressing room and was sold to United for £1.2m and Fergie got the best out of him.

Mourinho was a cnut too and we employed him. This lad is a angel in comparison.
Agreed. And would be a no brainer having him here. Lovely player.

davidmichael

After deliberating on Neves, Rabiot and Ndombele, I think Ndombele is a must get at all cost. If we lose out on him, he's definitely going to City or some other team which could prove to be a really bad decision for us. Ndombele for 60m and Rabiot on a free as a Matic replacement would be phenomenal piece of business but I don't think we'll get two midfielders unless we resign to losing Herrera. But then again we would still have Matic, Mctominay, Pereira, Fred, Pogba. Bringing in Fred was such a bad decision when we could have brought in Ndombele instead. Mourinho's policy of not letting your competition have the players by acquiring Sanchez and Fred has left us in a sticky situation.
We could sell Pereira and loan out McTominay so we had Pogba, N’Dombele, Rabiot, Herrera, Matic and Fred as our options which a very strong group to choose from.

Nick.

He will become a headache for the club at some point if we get him.

midnightmare

Ummm.
1. We’ve signed (under Fergie) players with far worse reputations
2. Rabiot has been linked to a bunch of clubs including Barca, Chelsea, Liverpool and us. Most reports till very recently agreed he was most likely to end up in Barcelona (they’ve been after him for a long while). Don’t recall if City were linked but IIRC Poch also scouted him.

Cantona, Keane, Evra... not like we’ve not had our share of players under Fergie who’ve had major run-ins with international managers, press, fans etc.

Andersons Dietician

Not really a player I’ve seen a lot of but when I have seen him he really hasn’t looked anything special, maybe just caught him on off games but I just don’t see it.

beingshe7don

We could sell Pereira and loan out McTominay so we had Pogba, N’Dombele, Rabiot, Herrera, Matic and Fred as our options which a very strong group to choose from.
Pereira just got his contract extended for just a year. Maybe we could plan to sell him. Mctominay on the other hand would be kept by Ole and Carrick as they think of him to be the next Fletcher.

Kostov

So the guy doesn’t want to extend and these pricks use all kind of tactics to derail his career in a time he is loosing a close family member and already lost another one?

People should read this post by @JPRouve first before jumping into conclusions about behavior problems with Rabiot.

croadyman

Should try and get a deal agreed for him now like Chelsea have with Pulisic. Know he has issues but on a free reckon it's a no brainer

The Nani

Why in the world would anyone advocate signing this prima donna? Don’t want him or his mommy anywhere near Old Trafford. Let him go to Arsenal, for Godsake. That’s where he belongs. Anyone but us.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

PSG fans hates him.
Football casuals that only watch the WC/Euro hates him too because the tantrum he threw after not being included in the WC squad.

We don't need this kind of player, sure he's good and could be an improvement over what we have in midfield but It's not worth the hassle

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Away from his mother and onto tactical discussions: I note he is left footed.

Is his best position is on the left side of midfield - same as Pogba?

Wouldn’t like to see him and Matic play together, who is probably our most one footed lefty in the team.

ottosec

No thanks. Talent is not everything.

He fell off with both PSG and the France national team. He's not a player I want at United.

Cloud7

This should be pinned on the first page of the thread before even comes in saying the same thing.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
PSG are trying to use him as an example to those thinking of running down their contracts. It's pretty low if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.