Adrien Rabiot / completing formalities at Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thiagoal

With Pogba taking five minutes to release a pass and this guy dwelling on the ball also our midfield will be infuriating to watch! A good signing if Pogba is off though!

Ziggy Starduster

This is why being a fan is so frustrating.

We break the bank to sign old players (Sanchez - wage structure) and buy players like Matic for £30m.

Yet here's a player who's already good. Coming into his prime years. And we probably aren't even in for him.

I just cant understand the mentality
What to say we approached him and got told there was no chance with us being out of the CL? Case closed. We move on.
Why do supporters assume we aren’t in for every player?

Patrick08

With Pogba taking five minutes to release a pass and this guy dwelling on the ball also our midfield will be infuriating to watch! A good signing if Pogba is off though!
If he has ambitions to be a starter every week, united won't be the right choice for him.If he sees himself part of the group, then a free transfer is always beneficial to someone like us who are in dire need or midfield reinforcements.

luke511

If he has ambitions to be a starter every week, united won't be the right choice for him.If he sees himself part of the group, then a free transfer is always beneficial to someone like us who are in dire need or midfield reinforcements.
:confused:

Canagel

Our Carrick replacement. Sign him quickly we need classy footballers.

Zoo

And yet in recent weeks a new club has come to take the temperature, since Manchester United has contacted the mother and agent of the player to submit an offer to the Parisian.

An interesting offer, but ...

The Red Devils have sent a salary offer of € 10M with a signing bonus of € 5M to Adrien Rabiot ... who has not yet responded to the club Mancunian, great admirer of Steven Gerrard and Liverpool , which he would like to join if possible, the club coached by Jürgen Klopp has not yet moved.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

And yet in recent weeks a new club has come to take the temperature, since Manchester United has contacted the mother and agent of the player to submit an offer to the Parisian.

The Red Devils have sent a salary offer of € 10M with a signing bonus of € 5M to Adrien Rabiot ... who has not yet responded to the club Mancunian, great admirer of Steven Gerrard and Liverpool , which he would like to join if possible, the club coached by Jürgen Klopp has not yet moved.
€10m is about £170k p/w I think. Hope he says yes with that reasonable amount.

Cliche Guevara

Tell him to feck off in that case.

Devil may care

I'm really wary of this guy given the poor mentality and overinflated, unwarranted egos already at the club, I hope we don't offer more than that.

MacabbiUnited

Supports
Maccabi Tel Aviv - Israel

I remember a few years back we were linked with Firmino and reports said he's a Man United supporter and really wants to play for us, then he signed for Liverpool.

Dont buy into those stuff anymore, hopefuly we go for him

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Haha, it’s typical Rabiot that United is making a valid attempt at tempting him but he’s holding back for Liverpool. I don’t know how true any of this actually is, but it would not surprise me in the least.

MassiveMorgan

Just a thought- assuming we’re keeping Pogba, surely we would ask the guy what he thinks about his France Teammate? I imagine if the offer is genuine than we’ve already done so. He’s so much more the arsehole that Pogba is supposed to be so maybe it’ll take the pressure off.

Patrick08

He'd walk into our midfield quite comfortably
It's about the balance. He sees himself more of a box to box than as a Cdm or deep lying playmaker. He won't act as a dependable shield to defense and hold the play. That's what I meant about being a right partner to pogba providing right balance. Though as a player quiet comfortably we need a player like him in the squad.

Is he a #8? He could be a good replacement for Herrera. Getting him on a free would be good business then we would still have money for a good DM.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's about the balance. He sees himself more of a box to box than as a Cdm or deep lying playmaker. He won't act as a dependable shield to defense and hold the play. That's what I meant about being a right partner to pogba providing right balance. Though as a player quiet comfortably we need a player like him in the squad.
He has always done it when asked which has been often, he isn't rogue and doesn't refuse to do his job.

Patrick08

He has always done it when asked which has been often, he isn't rogue and doesn't refuse to do his job.
I don't expect him to be as efficient as kante, fernandinho or Fabinho in that role. Contractual and disciplinary situation isn't the only reason psg are comfortable losing him i feel. Its not about being rogue I would phrase it as being caught napping.

Of course a player we need at this moment in midfield contingent though. We are short of options and quality.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I don't expect him to be as efficient as kante, fernandinho or Fabinho in that role. Contractual and disciplinary situation isn't the only reason psg are comfortable losing him i feel. Its not about being rogue I would phrase it as being caught napping.

Of course a player we need at this moment in midfield contingent though. We are short of options and quality.
In which role, they all have a different and you don't know what the manager would ask him to do. Rabiot plays well the same role Thiago Motta used to play.

Kidders

I don't give a flying fig about his mum, his antics at PSG or anything else he allegedly has done off the pitch, the bottom line is that he is at/reaching his footballing best, it's all about what he can deliver on the pitch and this boy can play and would walk into our midfield, I got blasted for making a Cantona comparison ( the Cantona who got booted out of French clubs for causing havoc but became a United legend), we have always had our share of 'bad boys' and 'characters', it would be criminal not to try and sign him especially on a free, what's to lose ?

Patrick08

In which role, they all have a different and you don't know what the manager would ask him to do. Rabiot plays well the same role Thiago Motta used to play.
In a role behind pogba and Bruno Fernandes( if we land him too). In a 433 which i think will be our go to system as a 6. He looks more suitable as a 8 or even in a two alongside a player who equally shares the responsibility of holding the play which we don't have in our squad at the moment( players like pochh has in his squad).

elnorte

Freaky fly day
I don't give a flying fig about his mum, his antics at PSG or anything else he allegedly has done off the pitch, the bottom line is that he is at/reaching his footballing best, it's all about what he can deliver on the pitch and this boy can play and would walk into our midfield, I got blasted for making a Cantona comparison ( the Cantona who got booted out of French clubs for causing havoc but became a United legend), we have always had our share of 'bad boys' and 'characters', it would be criminal not to try and sign him especially on a free, what's to lose ?

Our dressing room seemingly already has it's fair share of problems.

Zoo

Adrien Rabiot's entourage is continuing discussions with several clubs, including Manchester United and Everton. No agreement at the moment. The player (now free) has always appreciated England. @telefoot_TF1

Silas

Adrien Rabiot's entourage is continuing discussions with several clubs, including Manchester United and Everton. No agreement at the moment. The player (now free) has always appreciated England. @telefoot_TF1
How reliable is this guy? Can't imagine Everton putting up much of a fight.

AJ10

Is his Attitude as bad as some say? Good player on a free would be a brilliant deal.

C'est Moi Cantona

Maybe they don't need him.
Maybe, just a supposed top player on a free, you'd think loads of clubs would be all over him.

I am not against it, but the last thing we need is a player with lots of baggage, and unwarranted ego, but our backs is are against wall here.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Imagine if we signed Rabiot, Alderweireld and Meunier for a combined 50m. Talk about value - the Glazers should be all over those.

Maybe, just a supposed top player on a free, you'd think loads of clubs would be all over him.

I am not against it, but the last thing we need is a player with lots of baggage, and unwarranted ego, but our backs is are against wall here.
Spurs were interested but he declined from what I read. I heard his mum is difficult to deal with, not sure what the other baggage is though.

Irrational.

I can see this being the signing of the summer if we pull this off. People have written him off just because of his “can I speak to the manager” nuisance mum.

C'est Moi Cantona

Barcelona admitted that they were after him last summer when they were accused of having a pre-contract with him.
That's positive then, honestly I don't know much about the guy.

It could just be that we will get lucky for once been able to offer the wages, and a place straight in the team, which must be appealing no matter how bad we are just now, maybe this will do the trick with De Ligt too.

Status
Not open for further replies.