Adrien Rabiot / completing formalities at Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That's positive then, honestly I don't know much about the guy.

It could just be that we will get lucky for once been able to offer the wages, and a place straight in the team, which must be appealing no matter how bad we are just now, maybe this will do the trick with De Ligt too.
Knowing Rabiot the problem is probably on his side, I wouldn't be surprised if he declined offers from clubs that didn't guarantee a starting spot, if the rumours are true Bayern, Madrid, Barcelona, Tottenham and Juventus have contacted him. While he is a good player, he isn't guaranteed to start for at least 4 of these teams while Tottenham probably don't offer enough money.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I heard his mum is difficult to deal with, not sure what the other baggage is though.
From what I can recall he goes out partying a lot before and after games. Has fights with team mates due to lack of professionalism (on his part) and then his mother does the typical agent shit of defending the players actions and talking to other clubs as soon as the shit hit the fan at PSG. Don't think too many players have been internally banned from playing but Rabiot has been. Normally you'd assume that it's just a bad fit for club and player. But he's done the same for the French National team who has now completely abandoned him as a player after the World Cup 2018 fiasco.

Now tell me the above would be a good fit for Rashford/Lingard/Pogba and co?

JPRouve

Scout
From what I can recall he goes out partying a lot before and after games. Has fights with team mates due to lack of professionalism (on his part) and then his mother does the typical agent shit of defending the players actions and talking to other clubs as soon as the shit hit the fan at PSG. Don't think too many players have been internally banned from playing but Rabiot has been. Normally you'd assume that it's just a bad fit for club and player. But he's done the same for the French National team who has now completely abandoned him as a player after the World Cup 2018 fiasco.

Now tell me the above would be a good fit for Rashford/Lingard/Pogba and co?
Half of that isn't true, he hasn't fought with teammates at the exception of Ibrahimovic who started it and he has no issue with the dressing room, he doesn't lack professionalism and he has been banned because he refused to sign a new contract.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Half of that isn't true, he hasn't fought with teammates at the exception of Ibrahimovic who started it and he has no issue with the dressing room, he doesn't lack professionalism and he has been banned because he refused to sign a new contract.
1- So he has fought with teammates then.
2- You think liking a post of Evras after PSG lost to United on social media is professional? You think going out to nightclubs before or after games is professional? You think throwing the toys out the pram because you weren't selected for the French Team professional?
3- He was banned initially because he and Mbappe were out partying. Both were dropped. He then got banned shortly after when he then also started throwing a hissy fit and decided to stall on signing the contract.

I've just been refreshing my memory on him, there's some decent articles you can find on google. Given we have a young team with a lack of leaders, I personally think he's completely the wrong player to bring in. If we do sign him, I guarantee it'll end in tears.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
I think Rabiot would be a good signing for Utd as long as wages not extreme. PSG treatment of him has been a disgrace.

Kaglish10

His problem is his mouth and ego. He moans a lot. Thinking he's better than what he's actually is. There was even a time he thought he was better than Verratti (probably why he wanted to play the no 8 role). The only thing I like about him is the fact that he's a fighter. However, he's just a good player, nothing more although he's better and more incisive than Herrera.

Personally, I think his best role is the CDM role which he hates. His passing range and tendency to dwell on the ball need to improve too.

JPRouve

Scout
2- You think liking a post of Evras after PSG lost to United on social media is professional? You think going out to nightclubs before or after games is professional? You think throwing the toys out the pram because you weren't selected for the French Team professional?
3- He was banned initially because he and Mbappe were out partying. Both were dropped. He then got banned shortly after when he then also started throwing a hissy fit and decided to stall on signing the contract.

I've just been refreshing my memory on him, there's some decent articles you can find on google. Given we have a young team with a lack of leaders, I personally think he's completely the wrong player to bring in. If we do sign him, I guarantee it'll end in tears.
1. A teammate attacked him because he didn't like a tackle on the training pitch.
2. He liked Evra's post after the club tried every tricks against him, one of them being the use of his absence when he was mourning his grandmother.
3. They were benched because they were a few minutes late to a team meeting and he didn't throw any hissy fit, Antero Henrique is the one who decided to ban him publicly because Rabiot told him privately that he intended to leave the club free.

Jezpeza

Id take him. With mata and herrera outgoing and matic past it then i think grabbing him on a free would be a great piece of business considering how much we need to get done. Could have to sign a similar player for 60m transfer in this market

dev1l

Not sure...I cannot see him and pogba being in the same team for a long time. They look to be both primadonnas.
Otherwise he looks a complete midfielder and tactically I can see him in the same team with pogba.
Rabiot can play in front of the defence, Mc Tominay doing the dirty work and Pogba with a more free role..though I don't know if these exist anymore..

Kaglish10

Not sure...I cannot see him and pogba being in the same team for a long time. They look to be both primadonnas.
Otherwise he looks a complete midfielder and tactically I can see him in the same team with pogba.
Rabiot can play in front of the defence, Mc Tominay doing the dirty work and Pogba with a more free role..though I don't know if these exist anymore..
Yeah. Both are moaners but good players.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
@SilentWitness would you guys pump up this kind of money? Who is your highest earner and what's your wage structure like ?

Klopp wouldn't touch him though.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
1. A teammate attacked him because he didn't like a tackle on the training pitch.
2. He liked Evra's post after the club tried every tricks against him, one of them being the use of his absence when he was mourning his grandmother.
3. They were benched because they were a few minutes late to a team meeting and he didn't throw any hissy fit, Antero Henrique is the one who decided to ban him publicly because Rabiot told him privately that he intended to leave the club free.
You seem to be putting all the blame onto PSG. :lol:

It's not just PSG he's pissed off, he's pissed off the French National Team as well. If it was just PSG I might accept your version and PSG have decided to try and ruin his career... but given it's come from his club and his national team, that is enough evidence to suggest it's actually him being a muppet. I think/hope we're wise enough to avoid a player like that but it would be a perfect summary of United post Sir Alex to sign a player with this many warning signs.

dev1l

From what I saw, the nearest thing we have to him is Fred, though he looks better than Fred.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
“Adrien is a very curious player," Tuchel told L'Equipe in September. "He has an attacking mindset and likes to take risks. I like him a lot, but I'm not sure that he has the profile of a No. 6. It's not about his talent—he could do it, without any doubt—but it's not enough to have the physical or technical capacities of a No. 6; you also have to think like a No. 6."

Considering his contract is up this year, he’d be a low risk (financially) and could play in the Herrera position. He does have the talent and at 24 years of age there is room for improvement. There are question marks about his mentality . The issue with Rabiot is that if he decides to do his antics, it will negatively influence the dressing room. Its a risk, but a potential ‘positive outcome’ cheap risk.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Imagine if we signed Rabiot, Alderweireld and Meunier for a combined 50m. Talk about value - the Glazers should be all over those.
That’d be fantastically smart business. Then we could splurge £100m on one of these Sancho’s or Felix’s.

El Jefe

He's a good player but it just seems like a balance issue. He hates the DM role so the only way I'd be happy with him in the 8 position is in a diamond formation with a DM, Pogba and Bruno Fernandes. Him as a No.8 in a 4-3-3 with Pogba would not improve us much IMO.

It would be great if he comes here with a real point to prove against the PSG accusations on his character. It could also blow in our face and have a real primadonna on our hands.

JPRouve

Scout
You seem to be putting all the blame onto PSG. :lol:

It's not just PSG he's pissed off, he's pissed off the French National Team as well. If it was just PSG I might accept your version and PSG have decided to try and ruin his career... but given it's come from his club and his national team, that is enough evidence to suggest it's actually him being a muppet. I think/hope we're wise enough to avoid a player like that but it would be a perfect summary of United post Sir Alex to sign a player with this many warning signs.
Rabiot has a big head and for me he is tedious but what happened this year is on PSG, they are the ones that decided to make an example of him when he refused to sign a new contract. Before that this season he was the vice captain and a starter.
For France it's a different story, his ego got hurt when he wasn't selected and responded in the most childish way, that's on him and he will pay for it but he didn't really upset anyone among french officials, the FFF president tried to fix it but his mum is still meddling, as long as she is his agent he will face problems but he himself isn't a particular problem from a dressing room standpoint, his coaches like and rate him, his agent is a different story.

Walters_19_MuFc

As I said before in this thread, I have no problem with his ability but his attitude seems questionable. However, if we were to get him, I guess he would solve the lack of a deeplying playmaker issues.

Currently, unless Pogba plays deeper, we have no one who is capable of demanding the ball off our back four and starting play. Rabiot can do that, and possesses the passing ability to keep us ticking in midfielder.

It would mean getting a ball winner next to him, though.

Mainoldo

From what you’ve wrote i haven’t seen nothing out the ordinary.

The Paris lads are a bunch of no rules goes team hence why Neymar fits in there well. I don’t believe we have that culture here (takeaway the insta post) what we require is a winning mentality and he won’t disrupt that.

Gordon S

Could work out as a b2b midfielder for us, filling the void of Herrera. Could give us some composure and press resistance in the middle of the pitch.

dasty

Rabiot has a big head and for me he is tedious but what happened this year is on PSG, they are the ones that decided to make an example of him when he refused to sign a new contract. Before that this season he was the vice captain and a starter.
For France it's a different story, his ego got hurt when he wasn't selected and responded in the most childish way, that's on him and he will pay for it but he didn't really upset anyone among french officials, the FFF president tried to fix it but his mum is still meddling, as long as she is his agent he will face problems but he himself isn't a particular problem from a dressing room standpoint, his coaches like and rate him, his agent is a different story.
I thought his mum is no longer his agent?

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Didn't he relieve his mum of her agent duties after the Barcelona transfer fiasco around February/March?

JPRouve

Scout
From what you’ve wrote i haven’t seen nothing out the ordinary.

The Paris lads are a bunch of no rules goes team hence why Neymar fits in there well. I don’t believe we have that culture here (takeaway the insta post) what we require is a winning mentality and he won’t disrupt that.
He is the type of player that will be vocally upset if he is part of a game like the Everton one. The only question with him is whether he is willing to bench his mother and take an agent that will actually act in a way that is productive. He himself has character in a good and tedious way but there is nothing actually bad, he needs someone that can manage his image in a positive way.

Withnail

He fired his mother and hired a new agent.

This was after she messed up the Barcelona transfer.

Apparently she never got back to them to finalise things.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Forcing him to play DM role when his ability is more of a b2b, don’t like that idea.

My main issue isn’t whether he wants or doesn’t want to play as DM, but his attitude with France when he admitted not to give it all because it’s too cold, it’s something we should avoid.

Quality is definitely there. May be he’s just big mouth or being too honest, some player probably also conduct the same way as his attitude (not giving it all when the weather is not suit to the player himself) but they keep it silent & spread lie in the interview instead to say something that the fans want to hear.

Snafu17

If he's an actual B2B then he's perfect for us, any potential character issues aside. PSG are a bit of weird club anyway, so maybe (hopefully) he would be a better fit with United?

Lee565

Its complete madness by this club that considering the unpredictability of whether they would have a problematic mercenary on their hands IF they can even beat other champions league offering big club to the signing of Rabiot to replace Herrera, why on earth did this club not snatch up Hector Herrera from Porto for free, he is as like for like as Herrera as you can get.

Devil may care

The biggest issue in the club right now is attitude, this guy is a primadonna who's Mom runs the show, he hasn't even done enough to warrant such an ego. If we still had Fergie in charge and a strong dressing room I'd not be concerned as there is talent there, but adding a guy with this attitude to some of the clowns we already have will be risky, he doesn't strike me as being up for a fight which is what next season will be for us just to get top 4.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
@SilentWitness would you guys pump up this kind of money? Who is your highest earner and what's your wage structure like ?

Klopp wouldn't touch him though.
Well Gylfi is the highest paid player but apparently Bernard is on the same (I suppose because he was a free signing and that’s how they analysed the respective costs etc). We are clearly going to be making Gomes a priority but with Schneiderlin a possibly player leaving (supposedly on around 120k a week) we could facilitate this type of player. We have a bunch who are all getting paid more than 100k.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Well Gylfi is the highest paid player but apparently Bernard is on the same (I suppose because he was a free signing and that’s how they analysed the respective costs etc). We are clearly going to be making Gomes a priority but with Schneiderlin a possibly player leaving (supposedly on around 120k a week) we could facilitate this type of player. We have a bunch who are all getting paid more than 100k.
Thanks mate. That being the case, do you think you will pump 175k for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.