Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tallis

If we are really paying £30m for this bottom of the barrel midfielder, we are finished as a top footballing club. Spurs bought Bentancur for €15m in January, who is a better player, better passer, younger and doesn’t come with attitude issues or an agent mum. Ridiculous business.

If we were signing him for free or 10m, I may be ok with that. Simply pathetic

DevilRed

If any club can deal with moody frenchmen/women its us.

Just get him the feck in for 15m.

Then hopefully Frenkie by the end of the month. I'd be happy with that and fighting hard for 4th.

Im so sick of Fred and Mctominay. Its been YEARS now and both are still at the club. In fact both have taken on even MORE prominent roles considering everyone else has left. Its absolutely shocking the state of our midfield.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The caf likes to talk about players they have no clue about. Rabiot didn't fulfill his potential but he is a decent player, I wouldn't go for him as a starter because I don't see him as a starter for a very good team but currently we have Van de Beek and McTominay as options.
A decent player will he a huge upgrade over those two. Would you say that at the very least he has got natural talent / ability?

Tiber

If any club can deal with moody frenchmen/women its us.

Just get him the feck in for 15m.

Then hopefully Frenkie by the end of the month. I'd be happy with that and fighting hard for 4th.
Didn't work so well with Pogba

SER19

Fred, Rabiot and Eriskon midfield three? With FDJ joining next year maybe.
pointless was a step too far, given he's an improvement on mctominay, but if somebody told me in april that wed be in for rabiot and arnautovic under our new 'fresh' regime id have laughed until i passed out

aeh1991

Why??? Get Laimer or Bennacer ffs. This guy is a typical CM without strengths. He isn't creative, doesn't have special passing skills, can't defend, can't press, doesn't run a lot, etc. What is he even good at? Surely can't be worse than McTominay but that can be said about 90% of the midfielders from big leagues.

Blood Mage

The club has lost the fooking plot. Old Trafford will probably burst into flames by the end of the year.

Please let this be the final year of the Glazers. :(

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What is your honest opinion of Rabiot as a player?
I already shared it, he is a decent player. A jack of all trades, master of none. You can use him in multitude of roles and he will do a decent job but rarely make you think that he is great. He also rarely turns into a shit performer, it happens but it's not common.

Idxomer

His passing stats are interesting because it looks like they dropped significantly under Allegri, so it could be a system problem more than anything else.

His defensive stats remain consistent, so that's definitely a plus.

amolbhatia50k

pointless was a step too far, given he's an improvement on mctominay, but if somebody told me in april that wed be in for rabiot and arnautovic under our new 'fresh' regime id have laughed until i passed out
Of course I too want better. But we've made a mockery of our rebuild already so I'm trying to look for positives. A talented midfielder who can find his team mates and is decent with the ball at his feet? I'll take it if I don't want to watch mctominay tackle opponents with pieces of trickery. Even if he hasn't lived up to his potential.

Beggars can't be choosers and all that. Arnautovic sounds like a prank though that I'll admit:lol:

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
What did you expect? 5 million?

Everybody knows what we have in midfield. Yesterday was one of the worst displays I've ever seen from a midfield at any big club. Of course we are desperate.
Under 10m for sure, he’s on very high wages, the bs excuse people make for us getting peanuts of our sales is that the players are on high wages, well this guy is on high wages and he’s only got a year left on his contract. Juve paid £6m for Zakaria. We are fools if we pay anything close to £15m let alone £30m for this guy.

DevilRed

I already shared it, he is a decent player. A jack of all trades, master of none. You can use him in multitude of roles and he will do a decent job but rarely make you think that he is great. He also rarely turns into a shit performer, it happens but it's not common.
He can pass a ball and run with it.

Thats all you need to qualify as a first eleven player now at Manchester United.

Thats how fecking bad our current crop is. You really can't do worse.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
A decent player will he a huge upgrade over those two. Would you say that at the very least he has got natural talent / ability?
He does, frankly his development has been very disappointing, his raw abilities should have led to a better footballer.

the_cliff

If we are really paying £30m for this bottom of the barrel midfielder, we are finished as a top footballing club. Spurs bought Bentancur for €15m in January, who is a better player, better passer, younger and doesn’t come with attitude issues or an agent mum. Ridiculous business.

Bentancur is not a better player than Rabiot.

Sometimes you wonder if people actually watch football outside the prem.

SecondFig

The club has lost the fooking plot. Old Trafford will probably burst into flames by the end of the year.

Please let this be the final year of the Glazers. :(
Yep. Would 100% rather we sign nobody and play U21s than sign Rabiot and fecking Arnautovic. If we're really looking at bringing in either of those two (and it looks like we are) then the club is absolutely screwed

Tallis

If we sign him for 10m and sign Ruiz on top of that, I think that’s decent business.

If we sign him for anything more than 15m and don’t sign anyone else, it’s beyond pathetic

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Terrible passing stats, terrible retention stats, terrible final ball stats. I mean he’s better than mctominay but this just a joke
A defensive midfielder with poor final ball stats, who would have thought...

SER19

Of course I too want better. But we've made a mockery of our rebuild already so I'm trying to look for positives. A talented midfielder who can find his team mates and is decent with the ball at his feet? I'll take it if I don't want to watch mctominay tackle opponents with pieces of trickery. Even if he hasn't lived up to his potential.

Beggars can't be choosers and all that. Arnautovic sounds like a prank though that I'll admit:lol:
yeah you're right in the optimistic view, but weve seen all this before. we have fred, mctominay, van de beek, fernandes, garner, eriksen, plus youth players, and havent a clue what our midfield is or will be. If Rabiot doesnt come good we're just continuing to stockpile mediocrity. Even a free transfer for a player isnt worth it if it's just because they became available and not part of a well thought out strategy of exactly what we need and are building towards. This is just all so familiar.

Grizzly B

Feels like another knee jerk transfer that will be dead wood in 12-18 months time.

Making the same mistakes over and over again.

Is That A Raincoat

Supports
United/Milan/Anderlecht

You can sign Tielemans, who's 3x the player Rabiot is, for even less.

avgp_1

His passing stats are interesting because it looks like they dropped significantly under Allegri, so it could be a system problem more than anything else.

His defensive stats remain consistent, so that's definitely a plus.
Its the primary reason, his teams just sit back and let other teams have the ball

Nickelodeon

Can't be worse than what we saw from McTominay yesterday. Definitely not a great signing but we're desperate for any midfielders. Average is better than what we have right now.

Marcelinho87

Murtough is the one responsible for choosing and negotiating transfer targets.

We have money to spend, we know that from De Jong. We dont need to be doing bargain basement shopping for Serie A's most unwanted players.
We don't have that money available though as it's quite obvious that money is tied up in the pursuit of FdJ... As fruitless as that may seem.

jamesjimmybyrondean

This only makes sense as a De Jong alternative? Because if he's in addition to De Jong then it makes little sense as you'd wonder why this hasn't been done a while ago. Or why we let players like Vitinha or Kessie or Caqueret become unavailable if we were also looking for a partner for De Jong.

That said the only way this deal doesn't make me annoyed is if we sign another midfielder as well

Balljy

If we get him for a decent fee, it wouldn't be bad business. He's obviously not a replacement for de jong though, more a better McTominay.

Tallis

Bentancur is not a better player than Rabiot.

Sometimes you wonder if people actually watch football outside the prem.
You’re entitled to your opinion but please read my post from a year ago when I thought we should sign Bentancur (before he came to Spurs)

Bentancur has become a key player for conte in a short period of time. Lets wager if that will happen with Rabiot in six months time ?[/QUOTE]

mu4c_20le

If we sign him for 10m and sign Ruiz on top of that, I think that’s decent business.

If we sign him for anything more than 15m and don’t sign anyone else, it’s beyond pathetic
We're not signing Ruiz. Seems as obvious a club briefing as you can get.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
He isn't a defensive midfielder either is he?

Why don't the club seem to want to address the position that needs addressing the most?

amolbhatia50k

yeah you're right in the optimistic view, but weve seen all this before. we have fred, mctominay, van de beek, fernandes, garner, eriksen, plus youth players, and havent a clue what our midfield is or will be. If Rabiot doesnt come good we're just continuing to stockpile mediocrity. Even a free transfer for a player isnt worth it if it's just because they became available and not part of a well thought out strategy of exactly what we need and are building towards. This is just all so familiar.
I agree. We need to eventually add excellence otherwise this being our level will be standard fair. But I guess it depends, if we add Rabiot to eventually replace someone like a Mctominay then I wouldn't worry as we'd be I the market for more Cms and who wouldn't be an improvement over him.

Ideally we sign two CMs who I can say are THE ones who fix our midfield for the next decade. But if that can't happen, we really need some change given the state of our midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.