Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainoldo

The gap in football doesn't mean you gladly overpay for a larger club's wantaways.

If you honestly think West Ham would spend £30m on a 30-year-old Maguire (who is on a downward trajectory and they have no chance of getting significant value for) then I don't know what else to tell you.

Maguire the best player on West Ham? :lol:
Where else are you getting a player the level of Maguire’s for less than £30m who’s not on a free. Get real.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
As an illustration would people be unhappy if our summer ended with: Kane, Emi Martinez, Rabiot and Ndicka?

Not spending on every position can in theory allow us to have that kind of summer.

Mainoldo

As an illustration would people be unhappy if our summer ended with: Kane, Emi Martinez, Rabiot and Ndicka?

Not spending on every position can in theory allow us to have that kind of summer.
I know what you’re trying to go. But Ndicka we don’t need as he’s left footed and Martinez would be too expensive for his profile.

the_cliff

That would be a dream summer.

edcunited1878

I know what you’re trying to go. But Ndicka we don’t need as he’s left footed and Martinez would be too expensive for his profile.
United need a left footed CB so Shaw can play primarily as a LB, arguably the best in his position in the league. Shaw as a LB is essential to United as a whole, not as CB emergency cover.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

I take the illustration, not particularly happy with the other players, but yes I would be happy with the strategy.

Mainoldo

United need a left footed CB so Shaw can play primarily as a LB, arguably the best in his position in the league. Shaw as a LB is essential to United as a whole, not as CB emergency cover.
So who is this Martinez block that normally plays there.

The issue we have is the right side where Varane cannot play twice a week with the drop off not being the same.

Is Ndicka going to play right side CB.

The opinions of some of you people.

edcunited1878

So who is this Martinez block that normally plays there.

The issue we have is the right side where Varane cannot play twice a week with the drop off not being the same.

Is Ndicka going to play right side CB.

The opinions of some of you people.
Lindelof is totally capable of playing that rotational role as he's shown. If Ndicka comes in as Lindelof's replacement then fine as Lindelof may want to start somewhere else. But Maguire is going and United need 4 CBs.

Lisandro, Varane, Lindelof, Ndicka/4th CB is more than adequate.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
it's an illustration, you can change all the names if you want to. The point is that two expensive players with two cheap capable players can make for a very good summer. People are too focused on things that do not matter, you don't put bags of money on the field, what matters is to have good players and build solid depth.

Mainoldo

Lindelof is totally capable of playing that rotational role as he's shown. If Ndicka comes in as Lindelof's replacement then fine as Lindelof may want to start somewhere else. But Maguire is going and United need 4 CBs.

Lisandro, Varane, Lindelof, Ndicka/4th CB is more than adequate.

My point is the pressing issue is the right CB not the left. Which is why it makes not sense getting a left footed CB. Which is why we haven’t been linked with any.

OL29

Quite true. With only a few exceptions such as Bruno, Martinez and Casemiro, since Ferguson left we've either chosen poorly or spent way too much. The rolling debacle began with Fellaini, who was never United quality to begin with. Then Mata, a tidy footballer but never quite regular starting material. Then Martial, who in his 8 seasons with United has had at most 2 or maybe 3 matches when his performance could be described as outstanding. Fast forward to Antony, who we spent a vast fortune on but really hasn't gotten off the blocks yet
Come on now :lol::lol: I know he’s finished now but this is an egregious lie.

Dominos

Our problem is nearly always we can only make the obvious expensive signings, so we're never able to do the overhaul that we need. Smaller clubs unearth gems for cheap and then we go and give them £80m for them instead of getting them at source.

Spend the budget we have on a striker and midfielder.

And the rest, you either need to pick up frees, cheap shrewd signings, or only spend the money that you've raised in sales to replace those players. For example whatever money we raise for Maguire/Bailly/Tuanzebe is what we need to find a CB for. Whatever money we raise for Mctominay should be how much we spend on his replacement as a rotation option.

I think we need 2 midfielders really.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

I'd prefer a more mobile striker than Kane. And another young-ish CM instead of Emi Martinez.

Although if we could sell both Maguire and Lindelof and get that Napoli CB and no need for Ndicka (isn't he LCB?), that would be an almost perfect window.

EDIT: So Ndicka can play LB also. Now that makes him more appealing.

Last edited:

Yorke to Cole

If we acquired Rabiot and signed Sabitzer permenently (for a cheap price), that would be our equivalent to when Arsenal had Guendouzi and David Luiz in terms of lookalikes.

Suedesi

He'd be a very good addition, 80% of the people on this thread don't watch Serie A regularly, he's been outstanding for Juve (and France) this past season.

8 goals in the league, 2 in CL, 1 in Europa - that's a very good return for what's essentially a Scott McT / Eriksen upgrade. He's not a playmaker, but he's a solid CM/DM

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Where else are you getting a player the level of Maguire’s for less than £30m who’s not on a free. Get real.
The level of a player who consistently targeted by the opposition? The level of a player who has become a meme? The level of a 4th choice center half 30 year old center half?

Comical stuff.

Strelok

Personally I don't like him and especially his mum. Don't think he's a top player either. But if ETH wants him it's ok then. Anyway hope this is just another made up rumour.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Yes. EMI Martinez would be the wrong keeper - his distribution appears to be average. And I think midfield needs more than Rabiot but if we don’t have money what can you do about that.

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
The level of a player who consistently targeted by the opposition? The level of a player who has become a meme? The level of a 4th choice center half 30 year old center half?

Comical stuff.
Still worth 30m, and i believe he would be much better fit for West Ham and Moyes then Man United and the type of style football Ten Hags wants to play (starting our attacks from GK to CBs and then further up the field).

Also, he has a lot of PL experience both from Leicester and United and also from big competitions with the national team where he is a regular starter and often plays much better then he has ever done with United.

I still believe the pressure from him first becoming most expensive CB ever in PL to being named the captain in a team where things were anything then stabile. Him taking a step back (joining West Ham for example) would do him good in all ways and would make him more comfortable and maybe find his way back to being a stabile CB playing for top 15-7 team with Moyes as a coach and a team that is more focused on defending then having expectations to win every game, be the leader when playing with guys like Varane, Casemiro, Bruno etc that are all more suited to be the captain of Man United 2023.

So. If we, and I am sure we/he will, get some offers (if we make it clear that he is available for sale). I can see teams like Newcastle, West Ham and maybe even a like Brighton that will have a lot of money to spend after selling Trossard to Arsenal and now Caisedo and Mac Allister this summer.

With that said, i believe we can sell him for 35-40m this summer. Half our money back, thank him for at least always standing up for Manchester United and our fans and we move on with Varane, Martinez, Lindelöf + and new 4th CB.

NLunited

Yeah, because we tend to miss far more than we hit, the next time we do have the money to spend — half of the time it’s to try and remedy the already expensive signings we’ve just recently made!
Let‘s hope then that we already changed course. I think we have bought solid players in Martinez, Casemiro and Eriksen. Malacia was cheap and is a backup (for now) and Antony would be seen as a great acquisition if he had cost 60 million instead of 90.

I don‘t see an issue with last summer‘s signings whatsoever. It‘s more who we didn‘t get: a top striker (for which Ronaldo is to blame, he should have moved on in the summer).

NLunited

Personally I don't like him and especially his mum. Don't think he's a top player either. But if ETH wants him it's ok then. Anyway hope this is just another made up rumour.
Ten Hag can take his mum for dinner. If that doesn‘t work, we take up a collection to take care of her.

ForeverRed1

Getting him shows ETH is looking at strength in the squad not just first 11 because I’m confident we will go for another midfielder. Not just this guy.

croadyman

Our problem is nearly always we can only make the obvious expensive signings, so we're never able to do the overhaul that we need. Smaller clubs unearth gems for cheap and then we go and give them £80m for them instead of getting them at source.

Spend the budget we have on a striker and midfielder.

And the rest, you either need to pick up frees, cheap shrewd signings, or only spend the money that you've raised in sales to replace those players. For example whatever money we raise for Maguire/Bailly/Tuanzebe is what we need to find a CB for. Whatever money we raise for Mctominay should be how much we spend on his replacement as a rotation option.

I think we need 2 midfielders really.
Yes we definitely need two midfielders,one could be Rabiot then either a playmaker or a pure DM who can provide cover for Casa

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I'm more than happy to stick with Casemiro, Eriksen and Bruno midfield, with Rabiot used to rotate with Eriksen and also provide backup for Casemiro if it helps us to sign keeper, striker, and right back. I believe an upgrade in GK is necessary to improve our away games by having better control against high press. I also think we need new right back that is progressive and a threat to make our right flank unpredictable.

lex talionis

Come on now :lol::lol: I know he’s finished now but this is an egregious lie.
My apologies, make it 4 or 5. Martial scored a nice goal v Wolves, but in no way would you describe it as an outstanding performance.

croadyman

That worries me as well.
Still hopeful that changes and it's not just Rabiot then on to different part of the team when we need different midfield profiles. This midfield still needs a technical player who is quality on the ball,however where do they fit into our setup.

Last edited:

Mainoldo

Comical stuff.
All that but yet he’s still England’s main CB. Again have some understanding of what club he plays for. Your favourite understudy from England would probably fail here too. So relax.

Jeffthered

Rabiot is a quality footballer, would be a great addition and would help the current three, hugely. But we need a more dynamic, quick, responsible, athletic, ball-winner. Fred, McT have to go. Keep Sabitzer as he deserves more time, definitely.

Mainoldo

Rabiot is a quality footballer, would be a great addition and would help the current three, hugely. But we need a more dynamic, quick, responsible, athletic, ball-winner. Fred, McT have to go. Keep Sabitzer as he deserves more time, definitely.
So why not just let Sabitzer go and get the player you’ve described :lol:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
List us clubs that will pay £30m on 30 years old CB.
Not only that, matching a salary close to £200k. Maguire is a good enough mid level PL player, he’s just a hard sell with his salary and transfer valuation.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
West Ham
Everton
Newcastle
Spurs
Fulham
Chelsea
On what basis or past reference do you think they want to spend £30m on 30 years old CB this summer transfer window?

The fact you mentioned Chelsea when they just spent massive on Fofana and Badiashile on top of koulibaly, Silva, and Chalobah shows you are just listing me names randomly without have a think about it. I really need explanation of where the idea of teams will spend £30m on 30 years old CB this summer transfer window, not just make random assumption without thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.