Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

HookedOnAPhelan

At this point you have to start wondering whether these people are deliberately destroying the club. Surely nobody can be that incompetent?

Giggsy13

Veronique is just as much a demon in the boardroom, as she is a demon in the sack. Murtough’s first real test.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
At this point you have to start wondering whether these people are deliberately destroying the club. Surely nobody can be that incompetent?
That's how I felt about half the team yesterday. Some of the passing and touches were so bad they felt deliberate.

Darlington Padgett

His mother will probably reject us or demand some sort of fee for him to sign. He'll get 9m if he stays at Juve plus whatever his next team pays him.

Castia

I haven't seen us get slaughtered like this before in the press and considering the last 10 years of failure that's quite a feat

Looks like Ed was actually the only one who had a slight clue of wtf was going on :lol:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Shocking stuff. Still glad I haven't paid to watch us play this season.
I've kept my membership going all the way through Covid and everything, mostly out of habit. However, its getting to the point isn't it? This may be the time to cancel.

Well Murtough is a Scouser and Woodward's favourite team as a kid was Liverpool.

Mainoldo

Only thing I would say despite the bad press. He is a first team footballer for Juve.

FiiiiveTenHaaags

This might be an unpopular take but feck it - I’m not unhappy about this.

why? It’s simple really. He’s an upgrade over what we have at a fairly low price and a deal we can get done quickly.

It’s not instead of De Jong - we’ll still get De jong or Ruiz as well.

We need fresh faces and bringing in someone with international experience whos played on top leagues and is an instant upgrade on what we have is an absolute no brainier.

If we were linked with loads of other midfielders I’d get it but we are not. Let’s be grateful we are at least making some signings:

Plus Ten Hag will have clearly given the thumbs up if it’s gone this far so let’s back out manager and have some faith he knows what he’s doing here lads.

fluxx

Some quotes from the Juventuz forum:

"Please leave"

"Please God be true"

"Hopefully Yanited pay us a big fee for such a quality France International player."

"Even 1m payable over 20 years should be enough"

"Rabiot leaving is like new signing."

"Well I’d rather play with no one in midfield than with rabiot"

"United just gonna stay retarded for signing this guy. But we hit the jackpot offloading him."

What the feck has happened to our club?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Is anyone in favour of signing this guy?

He's an upgrade on Fred/Mctominay at the very least, right?

Lentwood

At the start of the window we needed three CMs. I don't have a problem with one of those being someone more cost-effective and slightly less-exciting.

The problem will be if we do this and think it's enough

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur

why? It’s simple really. He’s an upgrade over what we have at a fairly low price and a deal we can get done quickly.

We need fresh faces and bringing in someone with international experience whos played on top leagues and is an instant upgrade on what we have is an absolute no brainier.

If we were linked with loads of other midfielders I’d get it but we are not. Let’s be grateful we are at least making some signings:

Plus Ten Hag will have clearly given the thumbs up if it’s gone this far so let’s back out manager and have some faith he knows what he’s doing here lads.
I like the optimism here, wish I felt some too!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Remains to be seen if he'll be good or not for us. Getting some positive vibes from some reading more about him at least. But a player with his profile, why didn't we bring him in early? He probably needs a positive environment and it would have helped him to be in the pre season and at least ease into it. Now he'll be thrust into negativity. Just so many bad decisions.

SmallCaine

Murtough madness :lol:
Don't worry won't be long before its actually ten haag who forced utd to pay the fee reports to come in, seems to be his go to move every time he gets criticized for his stupidity.

Canagel

Fair point, but I think we need to be careful how perceive fans observations at times... Rabiot was a lovely player at PSG. Look at De Ligt, Dybala, Morata at Juve... all have underwhelmed, and they are not poor players, not at all.

Sometimes, as we have found out in the past, some transfers do not bring the best out players. It happens.
The problem with your example is those players you mentioned have all had high points and periods of good form. Rabiot was potential at PSG but has regressed year upon year and is now considered as a joke figure by fans of the club that he plays for. he hasnt been great for France either. Signing players like Rabiot and Ramsey etc is what made them go from dominating Italy to finishing 4th and we want a part of it. In 2017 it would have been a risk worth taking but in 2022 this makes no sense.

Tallis

Between the 18m transfer fee and the wages we will need to pay him, he is not going to be cheap. His wages will mean that we have less money to sign others. He is also going to be impossible to get rid off

Flexdegea

Another Juve fan confirming what most people who watch him already knew. There is no way of spinning this transfer into a positive for us.

Sure be no different to us telling them about what they rebuying again with Pogba, means nothing.

He be a improvement on McFred. Not under any illusions he is going to make us world beaters, but I'm sure the manager thinks he can coach him well and he can fit into the system he is going to be trying to implement.

Orange Tree

We should be offering a loan deal with non mandatory purchase option and preferably for Juventus to cover some of his wage.

That's the kind of deal Juventus would have offered us for one our players.

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
I have no idea if it's a good deal or not, but regarding football, Rabiot will instantly improve your team massively. There is a reason why Deschamps keeps playing him despite his childish behavior when he was left out of the squad .
Rabiot is actually not afraid to ask for the ball and keep it under pressure.

BerryBerryShrew

I'd be furious if we were signing a player of Mbappé's quality for £15m if it turned out that PSG were willing to let him go for free. The sheer incompetence of our DOF is astonishing.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Would have preffered Kamara on a free or Paulinha to be honest

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

From what I understand he's never been in charge of transfers at Ajax and our transfer 'activity' this year shows that.

Irwin99

Imagine when he falls out with the rest of the squad:

Maguire: got a problem? go run and tell yo' mama
Raibot: Oh don't worry- she'll be hearing about this.

avgp_1

Remains to be seen if he'll be good or not for us. Getting some positive vibes from some reading more about him at least. But a player with his profile, why didn't we bring him in early? He probably needs a positive environment and it would have helped him to be in the pre season and at least ease into it. Now he'll be thrust into negativity. Just so many bad decisions.
He is a good player suffered due to some terrible tactics from Allegro, although he didn't involve himself enough. He will do well here though in the #6 role

Castia

We're not expecting a major upgrade for the sum £15 million, but it's better than nothing.

He's not good enough so will need replacing again, what's the point.

The squad if full of overpaid mediocre shite and Rabiot fits right in with the 7-8 we need to offload.

We've had all summer and in all honesty about 3 years of knowing we need a midfielder and we're now at the 'its better than nothing' stage of the window. Im furious with this club.

Oranges038

Veronique is just as much a demon in the boardroom, as she is a demon in the sack. Murtough’s first real test.
Will he have to satisfy her in both? That could be a risky one.

Back himself in the sack first and risk dissapointment forcing him to pay more money to make her happy.

Or give her all the money she wants and then just do as he pleases in the sack. Rub himself close and then just get it done in 30 seconds.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Three years of McFred and the club hierarchy have finally delivered a problematic transfer listed midfielder in the final year of his contract. You have to laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.