Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul778

How isn’t offering 175-200k not silly? Especially for Rabiot?
Around 200k for a player who wasn't even on our radar a couple of weeks ago and whose current club wants to get rid and has only appeared now cos we've gone into panic mode.

Do not want.

Seriously can someone buy Murtugh and the scouts a copy of FM and teach them how to do searches. There must be players available who are better than this without the baggage.

For god sake, get players that are on the up. If half the EPL can identify and sign quality options with low baggage why can't we.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Let me guess Rabiot and mother wants silly wages.

Hope the move breaks down. I rather play Zidane/Garner/Savage.
I'd have been happy to give them a fair try this year, but I gave up on that when Savage returned to the youth teams and Iqbal was left out of the squad entirely at the weekend. It's just not happening.

Like somebody else said, the club is probably still pressing ETH for top 4, even though it looks almost impossible. Is that the best way to go? A year developing what looks a talented set of youngsters, but maybe sacrifice top 4 vs Try for top 4 so we're back in the CL and next summer we don't struggle to sign players so much. Tough one.

BuzzKillington

Yes because Bellingham is desperate to come to United. I think he is going to Pool next summer. We don’t have the pull the other big clubs have. We can’t rebuild the entire midfield in one summer. It takes time. We need a replacement in this summer and maybe 2 next summer.
Because he’s said he wants to go to Pool? And because Pool are guarantee to walk off with the league this year?

A lot can change in a year. Not for us obviously, we’ll still be shit. But, Pool may be a lot shitter than they currently are, the gap might not be so great. Stop being so bloody pessimistic.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Yet the seasons before he dicked over him?
he’s an upgrade on Mctom, cry over last years stats as much you want they don’t paint the whole picture
You sound as desperate as our recruitment team.

I don't want Rabiot or Mctominay in our starting 11. We won't get anywhere near the top teams with either.

No doubt you will be the first one to say more deadwood too when he's benched and sulking.

House Mkhitaryan

Really hoping we are not signing Rabiot as the alternative to FDJ. And no matter what, we should not be giving him 3 years at stupid wages.

If we sign this guy, it really needs to be for 2 years at ~100k along with also signing FDJ or SMS.

Orange Tree

He is not worth 200k. In a year time when he leaves Juve and signs for other club for free, he still won‘t get 200k.

Walk away.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Because he’s said he wants to go to Pool? And because Pool are guarantee to walk off with the league this year?

A lot can change in a year. Not for us obviously, we’ll still be shit. But, Pool may be a lot shitter than they currently are, the gap might not be so great. Stop being so bloody pessimistic.
Gap might not be so great? Only deluded United fans can think the gap between us and them won’t be great even 12 months from now. Even when he finished 2nd we weren’t better than them. This isn’t being pessimistic. This is reality.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I'd have been happy to give them a fair try this year, but I gave up on that when Savage returned to the youth teams and Iqbal was left out of the squad entirely at the weekend. It's just not happening.

Like somebody else said, the club is probably still pressing ETH for top 4, even though it looks almost impossible. Is that the best way to go? A year developing what looks a talented set of youngsters, but maybe sacrifice top 4 vs Try for top 4 so we're back in the CL and next summer we don't struggle to sign players so much. Tough one.
This is really the key question. If we sign FDJ it's definitely on the condition that we're showing ambition in the here-and-now and might even sign a competent right back and another striker who is not past his best. But if we fail to sign FDJ, the best course of action is to genuinely rebuild for the future, whether or not it means no top 4. In that scenario we would be right to look for young players this summer for all the positions needed and promote properly Mejbri, Iqbal and Garnacho, give them plenty of game time and use underperforming players as squad players or try to shift them whenever we can.

Devil may care

Signing nothing players with terrible attitudes like Rabiot on stupid wages isn't going to get us top 4, none of the garbage we are linked with will improve our chances of getting ahead of Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea, nevermind the big 2. If the board believed in Ten Hag they'd give him this season to try the likes of Iqbal, Savage, Garner, Hannibal and Garnacho, instead of buying rubbish like Rabiot, Savic, Gakpo and the Stutgart turd that we wont be able to get rid of next summer.

macheda14

Signing nothing players with terrible attitudes like Rabiot on stupid wages isn't going to get us top 4, none of the garbage we are linked with will improve our chances of getting ahead of Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea, nevermind the big 2. If the board believed in Ten Hag they'd give him this season to try the likes of Iqbal, Savage, Garner, Hannibal and Garnacho, instead of buying rubbish like Rabiot, Savic, Gakpo and the Stutgart turd that we wont be able to get rid of next summer.
A myth that has been squashed multiple times. His mum has been the problem. Pretty much every Juve fan says he’s had a great attitude while there.

Devil may care

A myth that has been squashed multiple times. His mum has been the problem. Pretty much every Juve fan says he’s had a great attitude while there.
The fact he's letting his mommy run the show and cause problems is an attitude issue, it shows he's weak with no backbone to take control of his career, and lets not forget the fact he's utterly mediocre.

pocco

loco
They certainly wouldn't be my pick ideally, but I think we've left it too late to try for better targets where we'd face resistance. Like I said, I'm not against giving youth a chance and writing off the season. But we must then accept that top 4 probably will not happen, and best summer we'd still be shopping in the same market as a result.

Rabiot and somebody like Neves would definitely give us more control in games. We're getting overrun by midfields from the lower end of the league at the moment. Villa and Watford are two examples I can think of straight away from last season.

I don't know. Personally I said we need to walk away from de Jong ages ago whilst we still had time to pursue more complicated deals for other top players. We're between a rock and a hard place now. This has been amateur hour by the club and the worst window since Woodward's first summer.

Mainoldo

You sound as desperate as our recruitment team.

I don't want Rabiot or Mctominay in our starting 11. We won't get anywhere near the top teams with either.

No doubt you will be the first one to say more deadwood too when he's benched and sulking.
Who do you want instead?

pocco

loco
Lovely jubbly. Can’t wait to see him in the middle. Shame the weekend’s game has come to early. McBred will probably cost us another 3 points.
And we've got Liverpool next. To drop points/lose the first three would be panic stations and it's a very likely situation. I'll be nervous as feck against Brentford, never thought I'd say that.

Mainoldo

And we've got Liverpool next. To drop points/lose the first three would be panic stations and it's a very likely situation. I'll be nervous as feck against Brentford, never thought I'd say that.
It‘s not looking good. I have zero faith in the middle of the park. They just don’t know what they are doing. The defence is suffering because of it too. Just wide open.

Devil may care

They certainly wouldn't be my pick ideally, but I think we've left it too late to try for better targets where we'd face resistance. Like I said, I'm not against giving youth a chance and writing off the season. But we must then accept that top 4 probably will not happen, and best summer we'd still be shopping in the same market as a result.

Rabiot and somebody like Neves would definitely give us more control in games. We're getting overrun by midfields from the lower end of the league at the moment. Villa and Watford are two examples I can think of straight away from last season.

I don't know. Personally I said we need to walk away from de Jong ages ago whilst we still had time to pursue more complicated deals for other top players. We're between a rock and a hard place now. This has been amateur hour by the club and the worst window since Woodward's first summer.
Spending another £100M on junk players wont get that top 4, the transfer window has already killed this season, buying Rabiot and Neves would just be throwing good money after bad, we'll be lucky to finish top 6 whether it's McFred or the above 2 in midfield, none of them are good enough for anything more and we'll have less money next summer and more average, overpaid players that we can't get rid of. If anyone at the club has an ounce of sense they'd advise we pull back and accept this season is done, we've got a mediocre back 4 and forward line and a totally garbage midfield, nothing can be done about that now, it's too late, adding more crap isn't the way to go.

Has she been an issue at all whilst at Juve? Let's not forget she is his agent also.
According to Juve fans she has, and him making her his agent and keeping her after she caused problems at PSG is another red flag, but his biggest issue at Juve was simply that he's a nothing player and they don't want him, they only took him for the squad because he was free, they replaced him with another cheapie in January when they bought Zakaria, no club is intersted in him bar the mugs that run us, and I include Ten Hag in that if he's actually on-board with signing this waster.

lysglimt

Scout
His biggest issue at Juve was simply that he's a nothing player and they don't want him, they only took him for the squad because he was free, they replaced him with another cheapie in January when they bought Zakaria, no club is intersted in him bar the mugs that run us, and I include Ten Hag in that if he's actually on-board with signing this waster.
During his 3 years at Juventus he played 94 out of a maximum 114 league matches - in his 2 last seasons he missed a total of 10 league matches. During the last 6 seasons at PSG, he played a total of 227 games. For someone who is a "waster" - he certainly is popular with the managers, because they all play him. Allegri played him, Sarri played him, Pirlo played him, Blanc played him, Emery played him and Tuchel played him. That's 6 fairly decent managers who all played a "waster" - and I have a feeling they know a bit more about football than you do.

NZT-One

Spending another £100M on junk players wont get that top 4, the transfer window has already killed this season, buying Rabiot and Neves would just be throwing good money after bad, we'll be lucky to finish top 6 whether it's McFred or the above 2 in midfield, none of them are good enough for anything more and we'll have less money next summer and more average, overpaid players that we can't get rid of. If anyone at the club has an ounce of sense they'd advise we pull back and accept this season is done, we've got a mediocre back 4 and forward line and a totally garbage midfield, nothing can be done about that now, it's too late, adding more crap isn't the way to go.

According to Juve fans she has, and him making her his agent and keeping her after she caused problems at PSG is another red flag, but his biggest issue at Juve was simply that he's a nothing player and they don't want him, they only took him for the squad because he was free, they replaced him with another cheapie in January when they bought Zakaria, no club is intersted in him bar the mugs that run us, and I include Ten Hag in that if he's actually on-board with signing this waster.
Didn't you get the memo about negativity?

On a more serious note: I understand you being angry because of the transfer shortcomings, pretty sure most people aren't happy about this. But you are mixing many things together. Obviously nobody is for giving Rabiot a 200k per week deal on 5 year contract. Same as nobody suggests to go for Neves for 80 million quid. But this is stuff that can be influence by us so no need to rant before things are published.
I think, it is fine for a fan like you to just write off the season - keep McFred, try the youth, but the decision makers won't have it so easy. At the end of the day, the sponsoring partners won't like to be connected with a team having no ambition. Same as the season ticket holder who spent a fortune for the ability to watch the games. It is easier said than done.

I am with you, there is some damage already done this transfer window. But there is still a chance to reduce the mess. Of course, the decisions should still be sensible but every transfer that gives us more options like Fred and McTominay is at least a step in the right direction.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I appreciate the sentiment of not wanting more average players but I feel that people don’t appreciate just how bad we are. I swear that with the current lot we could genuinely finish in the bottom half

Alemar

I swear that with the current lot we could genuinely finish in the bottom half
If by the end of this transfer window we dispose of Maguire, Bailly, Lindelof, Bissaka, Williams, Jones, Tuanzebe, Chong, Fred, McTominay, VDB, Rashford, Elanga, Ronaldo and play our younger players instead for the season, it would be Ok. We would at least have a foundation to build upon in the future

Last edited:

city-puma

During his 3 years at Juventus he played 94 out of a maximum 114 league matches - in his 2 last seasons he missed a total of 10 league matches. During the last 6 seasons at PSG, he played a total of 227 games. For someone who is a "waster" - he certainly is popular with the managers, because they all play him. Allegri played him, Sarri played him, Pirlo played him, Blanc played him, Emery played him and Tuchel played him. That's 6 fairly decent managers who all played a "waster" - and I have a feeling they know a bit more about football than you do.
i have not watched much of him playing. But it’s exactly something puzzling me when I read here many claim he is nothing player but the stats says he played 30+ league games every season.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
i have not watched much of him playing. But it’s exactly something puzzling me when I read here many claim he is nothing player but the stats says he played 30+ league games every season.
Fred and McT prolly started 30+ games for us last season. It doesn’t mean they are good. Playing games as a passenger doesn’t mean anything. Rabiot and the Mcfred duo don’t contribute anything to their attacks or their defenses more importantly.

city-puma

If by the end of this transfer window we dispose of Maguire, Lindelof, Bissaka, Williams, Jones, Tuanzebe, Chong, Fred, McTominay, VDB, Rashford, Elanga, Ronaldo and play our younger players instead for the season, it would be Ok. We would at least have a foundation to build upon in the future
Surprising! Shaw, Dalot, Martial, Varane are not in the list. They are all deadwood by your standard I guess?

mu4c_20le

Fred and McT prolly started 30+ games for us last season. It doesn’t mean they are good. Playing games as a passenger doesn’t mean anything. Rabiot and the Mcfred duo don’t contribute anything to their attacks or their defenses more importantly.
Do you think Juve have a worse midfield than us ?

ObscureBaguette

If Rabiot is our only CM signing this summer we'll be in big trouble. He'll be a passenger in the Premier League (unless Ten Hag has something special up his sleeve, which he might). The fact is we need more.

city-puma

So, they are basically doing nothing every game. I got your point.

Waynne

You must be ok with McFred costing us more points.

If Rabiot is our only CM signing this summer we'll be in big trouble. He'll be a passenger in the Premier League (unless Ten Hag has something special up his sleeve, which he might). The fact is we need more.
The club should've told Barca to feck off ages ago with regards to Frenkie. We're hanging in there like that creep stalking his ex and should've gone after alternate targets. We seem to be incapable of focusing on more than one transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.