Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

city-puma

No, all those 4 players you mentioned are not deadwood in my book
Got your point. They are deadwood in many other’s book. This is the most funniest part here. Almost no player in our team is immunized to be labeled as deadwood.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
You must be ok with McFred costing us more points.
And chucking money at bang average players by paying them high wages isn’t the answer. ETH and the club had three full months to go out and buy a midfielder and they couldn’t get their shit together and panic buying Rabiot is the answer to our midfield woes?

mu4c_20le

Not as bad as ours but theirs isn’t great either. Very average but ours is below average.
They are nowhere near their best anymore but still have Arthur, Locatelli, McKennie, Zakaria, if this guy can consistently start then must not be that bad. No way Mctominay walks into their midfield, for example.

city-puma

And chucking money at bang average players by paying them high wages isn’t the answer. ETH and the club had three full months to go out and buy a midfielder and they couldn’t get their shit together and panic buying Rabiot is the answer to our midfield woes?
Based on the report, it’s actually not panic buy but a work in background the whole summer. Well, we could choose not to believe it. Who knows.

RDCR07

They are nowhere near their best anymore but still have Arthur, Locatelli, McKennie, Zakaria, if this guy can consistently start then must not be that bad. No way Mctominay walks into their midfield, for example.
I understand your point about McT but that midfield isn’t good at all. That’s why he got so many chances. You got to play who you got. Just look at this stats from last season. It’s posted before in this thread. I’m not against the signing of a midfielder. I’m just against signing more deadwood who are are going to pay high wages and who we can’t move on 24 months from now cause no club will pay those wages. It’s a viscous circle that United are in over the past decade.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Got your point. They are deadwood in many other’s book. This is the most funniest part here. Almost no player in our team is immunized to be labeled as deadwood.
Whats stupid about his post is that he thinks that the kids from the academy will do better. Clearly, he hasn't watched the academy play and not realised the big step-up from the academy to the 1st team. It would be a career suicide for any manager to do that in his very first season.

I swear 90% of posters here recently don't think before they post -- and are just venting.

Alemar

Almost no player in our team is immunized to be labeled as deadwood.
Putting aside our most talented youngsters and three new players we signed… I would think only Sancho won’t be labelled as deadwood by anyone, as of yet.

RDCR07

Based on the report, it’s actually not panic buy but a work in background the whole summer. Well, we could choose not to believe it. Who knows.
That’s even worse. He was available all summer. Juve were open to selling him. If he was in our plans why not get him in early so he could have been part of the preseason? We are actually in a worse negotiation position cause the whole world knows we are desperate now for midfielders. Incompetence thy name is Man United.

Waynne

Not saying Rabiot is the answer to our problems but sure as hell know McFred is not. If Rabiot is able to make our midfield even slightly more functional then I'm all for the signing regardless of what wages he's on.

It will give us the time needed until the next windows to go after additional midfield personnel since we've clearly fecked around this window on throwing everything and the kitchen sink at Frenkie.

EDIT: I'd much rather see Martinez and Eriksen given the midfield roles and those other two clowns benched. Sick and tired of seeing our midfield get teabagged every single time.

city-puma

Not saying Rabiot is the answer to our problems but sure as hell know McFred is not. If Rabiot is able to make our midfield even slightly more functional then I'm all for the signing regardless of what wages he's on.

It will give us the time needed until the next windows to go after additional midfield personnel since we've clearly fecked around this window on throwing everything and the kitchen sink at Frenkie.

EDIT: I'd much rather see Martinez and Eriksen given the midfield roles and those other two clowns benched. Sick and tired of seeing our midfield get teabagged every single time.
McFred can be excellent to many opponents. It could be problematic against certain opponents who are able to execute a game plan to target their vulnerability, like Brighton does. In the first half of that game, if it was Rabiot playing rather than Fred, they would be more likely failed with that strategy.

RDCR07

This is exactly the thinking that’s led to the downfall of our club in recent years. We did the same with Ibra. We replaced Van Persie with Ibra. He was good in his first season but we were so reliant on him. And he fecked off the 2nd season We did the same with Cavani when we needed a striker. ST solution. High wages. Good first season but bad second season. Did we do anything to replace him? We got Ronaldo. Same situation. Are we any closer to getting a proper striker for the future? Feck no. We thought Martial was the answer and we paid him £200k+ a week cause he had one good season and if we try to move him on no one can pay his wages.

We replaced Herrera with Fred and Donny. Same situation. High wages. Huge fee cause they “might” be an improvement on what we have. And where has that gotten us? Any answer to our LT midfield problems? Against the answer is feck no.

This "little time needed" you talk about turns into a good 3-5 years and "no matter the wages" is why we can’t move on these feckers cause we pay them stupid wages.

Can you point to one area of the pitch and tell me you’re actually happy and fully confident with who we got? Other top teams might have one or two weak spots in the team and that’s normal. We have around 10 weak spots. This ST thinking isn’t going to get us anywhere.

Last edited:

CarbonStoolBites

Putting aside our most talented youngsters and three new players we signed… I would think only Sancho won’t be labelled as deadwood by anyone, as of yet.
He would if he hadn’t stepped it up significantly by Christmas.

city-puma

Whats stupid about his post is that he thinks that the kids from the academy will do better. Clearly, he hasn't watched the academy play and not realised the big step-up from the academy to the 1st team. It would be a career suicide for any manager to do that in his very first season.

I swear 90% of posters here recently don't think before they post -- and are just venting.
Omg, too bad. Your post reminds me that promising, bright, young Brazilian boy who was almost broken his legs by Middlesbrough. He had PTSD and went back to Brazil after that. Just sad.

city-puma

Yes, not yet. We can’t even form a starting XI of senior players.

Waynne

This is exactly the thinking that’s led to the downfall of our club in recent years. We did the same with Ibra. We replaced Van Persie with Ibra. He was good in his first season but we were so reliant on him. And he fecked off the 2nd season We did the same with Cavani when we needed a striker. ST solution. High wages. Good first season but bad second season. Did we do anything to replace him? We got Ronaldo. Same situation. Are we any closer to getting a proper striker for the future? Feck no. We thought Martial was the answer and we paid him £200k+ a week cause he had one good season and if we try to move him on no one can pay his wages.

We replaced Herrera with Fred and Donny. Same situation. High wages. Huge fee cause they “might” be an improvement on what we have. And where has that gotten us? Any answer to our LT midfield problems? Against the answer is feck no.

This little time you talk about turns into a good 3-5 years and we can’t move on these feckers cause we pay them stupid wages.

Can you point to one area of the pitch and tell me you’re actually happy and fully confident with who we got? Other top teams might have one or two weak spots in the team and that’s normal. We have around 10 weak spots. This ST thinking isn’t going to get us anywhere.
Well when you put it like that it's hard to disagree regarding the situation of high wages and I do agree we have a number of weak areas in the team. That much was alluded to by Ralf before they kicked him out.
Yeah I dunno where we go from here but seeing Scott and Fred start another game will make me put my foot through the tellie.
I'd have the tea lady or groundsman in CM than those two.

city-puma

Well when you put it like that it's hard to disagree regarding the situation of high wages and I do agree we have a number of weak areas in the team. That much was alluded to by Ralf before they kicked him out.
Yeah I dunno where we go from here but seeing Scott and Fred start another game will make me put my foot through the tellie.
I'd have the tea lady or groundsman in CM than those two.
I guess McFred will start the next game. So, better not to watch.

sglowrider

Omg, too bad. Your post reminds me that promising, bright, young Brazilian boy who was almost broken his legs by Middlesbrough. He had PTSD and went back to Brazil after that. Just sad.
Posebon.

Its funny how stories can grow into some urban myth. Like the Kenao's tackle on Haaland -- vicious tackle but 20 years later it became a 'career-ending 'tackle.

Posebon actually came back from the injury a few weeks later and scored in a reserves game against City. And made his first team debut a year later, coming on as the sub for Ronaldo. Had 2 medals whilst at United.

Waynne

McFred can be excellent to many opponents. It could be problematic against certain opponents who are able to execute a game plan to target their vulnerability, like Brighton does. In the first half of that game, if it was Rabiot playing rather than Fred, they would be more likely failed with that strategy.
I'd rather a much stronger more imposing CM player than Fred who's a little light weight. He can be decent sometimes but there's no consistency from either Fred or Scott. Neither of them are quality.

There's a rather large group of fans that are calling for academy players to start PL games after this Brighton loss.
I don't even know what to label this kind of thinking or mindset to throw these kids into this type of high pressure environment.

Waynne

There's a rather large group of fans that are calling for academy players to start PL games after this Brighton loss.
I don't even know what to label this kind of thinking or mindset to throw these kids into this type of high pressure environment.

city-puma

Posebon.

Its funny how stories can grow into some urban myth. Like the Kenao's tackle on Haaland -- vicious tackle but 20 years later it became a 'career-ending 'tackle.

Posebon actually came back from the injury a few weeks later and scored in a reserves game against City. And made his first team debut a year later, coming on as the sub for Ronaldo. Had 2 medals whilst at United.
Yeah, it’s him. I remember I thought he is special in the center of the midfield when watching him play. Feel disappointed he went back to Brazil.

city-puma

I'd rather a much stronger more imposing CM player than Fred who's a little light weight. He can be decent sometimes but there's no consistency from either Fred or Scott. Neither of them are quality.

I felt really sorry for Fred when watching him trying to battle with those white-shirted players surrounding him for the first, second, third ball which are always in the air.
To disclose, I rate Fred and McT highly.

SirScholes

You sound as desperate as our recruitment team.

I don't want Rabiot or Mctominay in our starting 11. We won't get anywhere near the top teams with either.

No doubt you will be the first one to say more deadwood too when he's benched and sulking.
you need a reality check mate this is where we are
We are desperate for midfielders, he upgrades our team, suck it up butter cup

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Fred is fine as a second choice CM. He's got some very good qualities but a few major flaws. Mctominay is rubbish. Should be sold immediately.

sglowrider

I felt really sorry for Fred when watching him trying to battle with those white-shirted players surrounding him for the first, second, third ball which are always in the air.
To disclose, I rate Fred and McT highly.
The Fred and McTominay partnership is holding back Manchester United. Again.

That neither Fred nor McTominay serve as the deepest midfielder for either of their respective national teams heightens the oddity of their club partnership. United’s defeat to Brighton was evidence that a central partnership forged in chaotic footballing circumstances is now too chaotic to take United any further.
In recent seasons, United have been fielding two men to do the central-midfield job one man can likely provide. As evidenced by Fred’s displays for Brazil next to Casemiro and McTominay’s displays for Scotland, both individual members of the McFred partnership would be better served if used alongside someone more suited to playing as the deepest midfielder.
Every and their brother knew we needed a no. 6. But some reason we never invested in one -- last season I suspect we spent the money on Ronaldo and then couldn't afford to get a proper no 6.

amolbhatia50k

The Fred and McTominay partnership is holding back Manchester United. Again.

Every and their brother knew we needed a no. 6. But some reason we never invested in one -- last season I suspect we spent the money on Ronaldo and then couldn't afford to get a proper no 6.
When you think about it, we would be absolutely loaded if we get rid of Ronaldo, having already sold/leg go of Pogba , Cavani, Lingard, Mata and Matic. But our transfer activity seems rather conservative at the moment with the players 15-20 million players we are after. Or of course we've locked in funds for FDJ who is likely to go to Chelsea.

Wing Attack Plan R

I'm not sure which top sides Fred and McTominay would get in, in any leagues. I can't believe professional scouts haven't identified significant upgrades on both of them. I think I'm full up on players from the Eredivisie right now, but are there no midfielders in France, Germany, or Spain who are better than McFred? Rabiot is not a long term solution, so if we sign him, it should be a short contract, but we have to upgrade McFred, even if it's signing Rabiot and his nutty mom.

I'd love the academy kids to step up, but Garner and Iqbal need a DeJong and more around them, they can't be expected to replace McFred and not get murdered every week.

amolbhatia50k

I'm not sure which top sides Fred and McTominay would get in, in any leagues. I can't believe professional scouts haven't identified significant upgrades on both of them. I think I'm full up on players from the Eredivisie right now, but are there no midfielders in France, Germany, or Spain who are better than McFred? Rabiot is not a long term solution, so if we sign him, it should be a short contract, but we have to upgrade McFred, even if it's signing Rabiot and his nutty mom.

I'd love the academy kids to step up, but Garner and Iqbal need a DeJong and more around them, they can't be expected to replace McFred and not get murdered every week.
Yeah it's super weird that we haven't been linked with a whole host of Cms given our weakness there. Like the Portugese lad people think highly of or many more. Just seems to be a FDJ or PANIC strategy. Typical of us really.

lex talionis

Rodrigo Possebon. I liked his game, but he got viciously assaulted by Pogatetz and his career was pretty much fukked over.

dinostar77

Andrea Pirlo was quoted yesterday as saying that Rabiot had a rare blend of technical ability and physically for a midfielder. Also that he hasnt unlocked his potential and with the right coaching he could reach his potential.

Sounds like he will fit right in with some of our talented but underachieving, unmotivated squad.

lysglimt

Scout
Fred and McT prolly started 30+ games for us last season. It doesn’t mean they are good. Playing games as a passenger doesn’t mean anything. Rabiot and the Mcfred duo don’t contribute anything to their attacks or their defenses more importantly.
Well Fred was probably one of our better players last season, and McTominay actually was quite good until last season. But Rabio has played in a lot of good sides, with quality midfielders - and if he was that awful, he never would have. He has even played 30 times for France - and they truly have some excellent midfielders.

lysglimt

Scout
He played again a few weeks later, didn't he?
He did - but there were talks that it got mental for Possebon - and that was the main reason why he never returned to what he was. It was one of the worst tackles I have seen and how Possebon didn't break his leg, only God knows

lysglimt

Scout
Andrea Pirlo was quoted yesterday as saying that Rabiot had a rare blend of technical ability and physically for a midfielder. Also that he hasnt unlocked his potential and with the right coaching he could reach his potential.

Sounds like he will fit right in with some of our talented but underachieving, unmotivated squad.
You can say a lot about Rabiots skills - but they are head and shoulders above our central midfielders.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Rabiot is not the solution for United. At best he's a slight upgrade for McT which isn't much really. United should have gone for alternative CM irrespective of whether we signed De Jong or not. There were some decent players on the cheap like Fabian Ruiz, Tielemans, Laimer, Soler, Kessie and Aouar whom we could have snapped and would have helped us not be as dependent on the De Jong deal as we are now.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
It was a puncture wound, not a serious injury. Maybe he was never as good as the hype....
It's a perennial myth around here that the tackle killed Possebons career, when in fact he made appearances and was in squads after he recovered.
He just wasn't as good as people were hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.