Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
I have no problem with Rabiot if ETH wants him, but even after watching him a few dozen times over the years I'm still not clear what Rabiot excels at. Just what are his strengths?
Tactical versatility (able to play comfortably as both a 6 and an 8 and even a 10 if pushed)
French international with good experience especially playing for big clubs
Good range of passing with ability to progress the ball from deep
Good movement and eye for goal
Good press resistance
Phyiscal player with good workrate

All of the above makes him a good squad option in place of Eriksson, particularly in away games where he can add steel and good ball playing abilty alongside Casimero.

Mainoldo

You're looking at around

Mount - 60 mill
Caicedo - 80-90 mill
Rice - 100+ mill
Kane - 100+ mill
Costa - 40-50 mill

Where are we getting this money from? It's pure fantasy
I still think Tchouameni will be available later in the window for a reasonable fee. €86m… Hopefully we are involved in that under new ownership.

Disappointed we are missing out on this Gus which looks like smart business but behind the scenes he probably still wanted to fleece us with wages.

CM

I wasn't keen last year but if we signed Rabiot on a free and it enabled us to direct our budget towards other positions in need of reinforcement, I wouldn't have any complaints. Especially if one or both of McTominay and Fred will be off. There hasn't been much noise around us renewing our interest this summer though.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I still think Tchouameni will be available later in the window for a reasonable fee. €86m… Hopefully we are involved in that under new ownership.

Disappointed we are missing out on this Gus which looks like smart business but behind the scenes he probably still wanted to fleece us with wages.
Madrid willing to sell Tchouameni?

zaafi

I got a mod warning for quoting the fontaine 'difficult personality'/redcafe meme in all caps (i.e it's original form), in response to someone saying Rabiot is a difficult character :lol::(

Seems like my post was deleted too.
Were you given a reason? Warning for that is just weird.

Canagel

Looks like he's staying at Juventus

Nobody actually wants him. He has been available and able to sign a pre contract with any team since January and wanted to leave but no-one has come forward with the money. only Juve are willing to play it due to Allegris weird fetish for him.

Pintu

It doesn’t look like we tried to get him.

If we did, then it’s a lesson that we can’t apply that simple idea “walk away and sign ‘em on a free next year”.
Or maybe we did and he asked for even more money than last time, knowing that he was coming for free this time…

OrcaFat

Or maybe we did and he asked for even more money than last time, knowing that he was coming for free this time…
Indeed. That’s why I don’t like it when people say - “just get him on a free next year”. It is rarely that simple.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He can come or he cannot. There is no way of knowing whats inside Rabiot's head. We dont have the technology.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He can come or he cannot. There is no way of knowing whats inside Rabiot's head. We dont have the technology.
We certainly don't, but the possibility of McFred as squad players for next season could slowly gain momentum before August, if none solutions taken.

criticalanalysis

He's a good and realistic target. We really should be in for him if the wages aren't too outrageous..

Were you given a reason? Warning for that is just weird.
The reason was for posting in all capital letters...but that was the original meme post :(

croadyman

He's a good and realistic target. We really should be in for him if the wages aren't too outrageous..

The reason was for posting in all capital letters...but that was the original meme post :(
Clearly we weren't as interested this summer or didn't meet his mother's demands

RopersReturn

Judging from some of the comments obviously he divided opinion, but my immediate thoughts are it’s a missed opportunity, especially as he was out of contract.

croadyman

Judging from some of the comments obviously he divided opinion, but my immediate thoughts are it’s a missed opportunity, especially as he was out of contract.
Yeah he divided opinion but could have been a useful signing as played a few different positions

Last edited:

OrcaFat

We certainly don't, but the possibility of McFred as squad players for next season could slowly gain momentum before August, if none solutions taken.
That’s how those feckers have managed to stick around for so long. Every transfer window, someone at the club says “if we crash and burn there’s always McFred”.

Sancho99

Honestly no one gives a feck if you don't say where you read it.
What a lovely chap you seem. Having a bad day or are you always this rude and aggressive?

Tried to post the source but I don't have permissions to post media unfortunately.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What a lovely chap you seem. Having a bad day or are you always this rude and aggressive?

Tried to post the source but I don't have permissions to post media unfortunately.
You can type it. And I am lovely, just annoyed as many others would be at how many posts just go off gossip shit. Which is why generally it's always best to say where its read.

eselfor

Again I'd question the source but if true a very good move for a top quality cm, I'd love to see us get Kessie alongside him from barca who hardly use him. Two versatile cms.
Franck Kessie? There is a reason Barca wants to get rid. Average CM at best. We have too many already.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I was thinking this but what was our play, Mount for £60m max and another CM for £20-25m, or Caicedo for £75-80m and Rabiot for free?
I think we probably just wanted to see where we ended up with Mount first, but that's not gone the way we thought. Rabiot was likely always an option, as we went for him in January, so it's probably just a case of timing.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Franck Kessie? There is a reason Barca wants to get rid. Average CM at best. We have too many already.
Nah he's a good cm just playing in the wrong team as he's not a tiki taka type player, there's a reason he was in demand before he left Milan, he add some physicality to cm as well as good abilty on and off the ball.

pascell

I think we probably just wanted to see where we ended up with Mount first, but that's not gone the way we thought. Rabiot was likely always an option, as we went for him in January, so it's probably just a case of timing.
True but I thought we could offer Rabiot a contract from January onwards?

I'd have thought we'd have sounded him out on what terms he wants before now too.

Dominos

I was thinking this but what was our play, Mount for £60m max and another CM for £20-25m, or Caicedo for £75-80m and Rabiot for free?
This would be risky because Rabiot could have signed a new contract or signed for another club at anytime over the past months while we were pissing about failing to get any deals done.

This has all been quiet for weeks, I suspect he's had all his offers on the table (including ours) and he's very slow at making a decision.

It does baffle me how the season's been over for weeks and players out of contract still don't have a clue what their plans are. Our situation with De Gea is equally stupid. The lack of urgency from all parties in the transfer market is very irritating, these deals don't take long to complete when there's actually willingness to get things done promptly, as deadline day proves.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
True but I thought we could offer Rabiot a contract from January onwards?

I'd have thought we'd have sounded him out on what terms he wants before now too.
That's true, but remember we had Sabitzer, who I doubt will be here next year. He has recently been discussing with Juve about renewing, so maybe he's not happy with how that's going and asked us to make a proper offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.