Adults wearing replica football shirts...

antk

Feels like there's maybe a dissonance between british posters and foreign posters in this thread? In many countries it's really common for young adults to wear sports jerseys/kits as a valid kind of sportswear/leisurewear. Ties a lot into urban & street culture. Like a few years ago Drake posting a pic wearing the pink Juve kit was hype af. The Nigerian WC2018 was also very popular as a bold piece of fashion.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Lot of men in shirts in Paris, sat in the cafes with a beer and breakfast, clad in Liverpool shirts and handbags.

So odd.

Deery

Dreary
I don’t really mind bought a Ronaldo 7 shirt and it hangs in my room (probably not surprising to a few) and I love it, but never wore it outside once I’ll put it on to watch a match though.

Saw a guy about 42 wearing a tight LA Galaxy top out to the shops and thought what a wanker, even though I’m one that doesn’t mind seeing tops. It’s a divisive subject.

Dan_F

Feels like there's maybe a dissonance between british posters and foreign posters in this thread? In many countries it's really common for young adults to wear sports jerseys/kits as a valid kind of sportswear/leisurewear. Ties a lot into urban & street culture. Like a few years ago Drake posting a pic wearing the pink Juve kit was hype af. The Nigerian WC2018 was also very popular as a bold piece of fashion.
I think that’s pretty different to what most have in mind I’d imagine. Drake definitely didn’t pair it with some bootcut jeans and Adidas Gazelles.

Sweet Square

There's nothing more cringe/embarrassing than having thousands of posts on a football forum. So yes wearing a replica football shirt is fine.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

Handbags? What’s this about then?
Those small, cross body bum bags this love island generation of men/boys love wearing.

Barely big enough for a big iPhone. I swear it just carries a vape pen, gear/pills and perhaps lip balm.

izzydiggler

Being a sports fan in general is quite illogical - spending fortunes and giving up free time (sometimes dedicating lives) to watch, talk/rant, post, sing about a team/players/owners who barely know you exist.

But wearing the shirt the team plays in is weird?

Nero

I just see football shirts as a t-shirt of the main sponsor. So in our case you're just walking around in a Team Viewer t-shirt with a little Utd badge on it.

Deery

Dreary
Those small, cross body bum bags this love island generation of men/boys love wearing.

Barely big enough for a big iPhone. I swear it just carries a vape pen, gear/pills and perhaps lip balm.
Aw yes, those fannys. Defo for carrying gear in to look cool..

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I just see football shirts as a t-shirt of the main sponsor. So in our case you're just walking around in a Team Viewer t-shirt with a little Utd badge on it.
So when you watch a match it's Team Viewer vs W88 and not United against Palace

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Being a sports fan in general is quite illogical - spending fortunes and giving up free time (sometimes dedicating lives) to watch, talk/rant, post, sing about a team/players/owners who barely know you exist.

But wearing the shirt the team plays in is weird?
Depending on when you're wearing it, absolutely.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I remember in the pre-Covid days when some people used to wear football kits (or club’s training t-shirts) in our office on a dress down Friday.

I did agree with our bosses stepping in and tightening up / ‘clarifying’ the dress code to ban that. Grown adults actually thinking that football related clothing was suitable for the office was surprising to me at first !

Last edited:

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
It makes perfect sense to wear one to a game or to the pub if you're watching the game.

Then it just becomes housewear if you're lacking a t shirt or something.

I've got a fair few but I use them for playing football with mates on a Monday night.

Green_Red

Not down for football shirts in public, even feel a bit weird wearing one to games, but will happily wear my rugby geansaí polo shirt style Ireland top out in public.

choccy77

I was shooting at Comic Con today and there were men in their late 40s wearing Liverpool shirts there ffs.

big rons sovereign

I was shooting at Comic Con today and there were men in their late 40s wearing Liverpool shirts there ffs.
They seem to be the most common round my way, still see the occasional classic united and the odd citeh. But mostly it's the vermin.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers

I was just back in the uk a couple of weeks back and i was wondering what that was all about. Grown blokes with little handbags strapped to them.

ExoduS

I am 36 and was totally wearing replica shirts occasionally but after reading this thread I am a bit more insecure about haha.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

I was just back in the uk a couple of weeks back and i was wondering what that was all about. Grown blokes with little handbags strapped to them.
Looks like they've grabbed their missus Michael Kors from home and gone out with it