Adults wearing replica football shirts...

Red the Bear

Something less generic
The times that I've gone i just wore a red shirt or had a red scarf on but Don't see a problem if anyone wants to, if it makes them happy who cares , it's just attire nothing more.

rizx

Wear the shirt at the game, no problem, it's kind of the idea.
Wear it playing footy, no problem.

Wear It wandering round town, unrelated to a match, ie buying something on your way to the game, not for me.
Wearing a shirt ONLY - no problem

Dressing like a 5yo kid, with football socks, shorts, and a shirt (some even wear shin pads), when you're a 50yo fat blob - that's when it becomes a problem :D

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Wear the shirt at the game, no problem, it's kind of the idea.
Wear it playing footy, no problem.

Wear It wandering round town, unrelated to a match, ie buying something on your way to the game, not for me.
Are you that ashamed of being identified as a United supporter?

TOPREDIAMNOT

Does make me laugh when you see an older huge beer belly guy wearing a football top. Sad actually. I suppose delusion is nature's way of getting people to cope with reality.

Some people never grow up they just get older.... (most)

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Retro kits from the 90s? Like classic Serie A Football Italia period? Ok or not?

Spaghetti

Mom's
The amount of people in the ground wearing this season’s shirt, singing anti-Glazer songs…I try not to judge but it’s really hard sometimes.
Why? You can wear your teams shirt and pay to go to games without liking the owner.

Maybe you think that by refusing to buy merchandise, the situation will magically improve; many disagree.

I don’t like my boss but I still go to work and try hard.

I don’t like animal cruelty but I still eat meat.

Tavern in the town

The game is surely the only legit place to wear the shirt outside of playing football.

Wearing one round town is like wearing tracksuit bottoms out.
Personally think playing football is the only time it doesn’t make you look like a tit.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I feel like wearing only the top should be acceptable in all kind of situation, especially the classic, non flashy ones.
Wear the full kit however and you're a wanker even on football pitch. No you're not Ronaldo. The fact that you can do a few step overs doesn't change a thing.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Personally think playing football is the only time it doesn’t make you look like a tit.
How on earth does wearing your team's shirt at a game make you look a tit?
I don't know if you go to games, but what do you wear? Full hoolie outfit with a cap?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Casual wear: retro shirts only.

Playing or going to a game: any shirt is okay.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Personal opinion but the problem I have is with the sponsors. If there was a cleaner, non-sponsored version they'd look far better generally. It's why international kits are timeless.

Training tops can look alright too. This kind of thing:

Last edited:

Tavern in the town

How on earth does wearing your team's shirt at a game make you look a tit?
I don't know if you go to games, but what do you wear? Full hoolie outfit with a cap?
Any t shirt that doesn’t make me look like a mannequin from the megastore.

Dan_F

Why? You can wear your teams shirt and pay to go to games without liking the owner.

Maybe you think that by refusing to buy merchandise, the situation will magically improve; many disagree.

I don’t like my boss but I still go to work and try hard.

I don’t like animal cruelty but I still eat meat.
I did say I try not to judge, but I think it’s hypocritical to want the Glazers out (actually protesting) and buying merch, if you don’t that’s fine. I’m happy to make sure I don’t give any more than ticket money to the club out of principle.

I’m not really sure how those examples are comparable though.

Spaghetti

Mom's
I did say I try not to judge, but I think it’s hypocritical to want the Glazers out (actually protesting) and buying merch, if you don’t that’s fine. I’m happy to make sure I don’t give any more than ticket money to the club out of principle.

I’m not really sure how those examples are comparable though.
That’s kind of the point I’m making… none of them make sense.

Also, if we are being nit picky, United only make a very small profit per shirt sold. Buying a shit for 80 quid probably makes about 12 pounds for the club. And that’s assuming they buy it from the club shop. Your match ticket is much more profitable.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I don't see a problem with wearing football jerseys outside with jeans or maybe even berms. Lots of people do it here in Asia. I don't though because of how shit United have been in recent years.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
If you're going to wear a replica top, you may as well go the whole-hog and go for socks and replica shorts as well. Be a full-kit wanker.

Dan_F

That’s kind of the point I’m making… none of them make sense.

Also, if we are being nit picky, United only make a very small profit per shirt sold. Buying a shit for 80 quid probably makes about 12 pounds for the club. And that’s assuming they buy it from the club shop. Your match ticket is much more profitable.
Well it doesn’t really make a very good point if they aren’t equivalent.

I think most are aware that shirt sales aren’t a big earner for the club. It’s not really about that. If you can’t understand why I buy a match ticket and not a shirt, I’m not really sure there’s any point in continuing the conversation.

cafecillos

So many insecure people and fashion victims in here, the only non-embarrassing reason to care about this is being a teenager or in your early twenties, and even that is stretching it.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I stopped years ago when my body didn’t resemble a footballer anymore and I’m in ok shape.I’m sorry but grown men wearing a kit shirt with big belly just has wrong written all over it so for me a regular t shirt not sponsored works out just fine.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Some of you lot complaining about style yet you'd wear a blue suit to a Wednesday brunch in October.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
It's a bit different for me. I buy one most years, but our kit deals tend to be 2 years. Also, I never wear it to a match, especially away (who wears colours away?) But it's a way to put a bit of much needed money in to the club. With united I'm guessing it would be a drop in the ocean.

Spaghetti

Mom's
Well it doesn’t really make a very good point if they aren’t equivalent.

I think most are aware that shirt sales aren’t a big earner for the club. It’s not really about that. If you can’t understand why I buy a match ticket and not a shirt, I’m not really sure there’s any point in continuing the conversation.
Not sure where on earth you got that from. I don’t have a problem with either of them.

I was referencing in terms of what you said, which was about “Glazer out” and not buying a shirt. A season ticket for 2 people makes the Glazers about £1500, whereas two shirts makes about £30.

I’m not criticising you for paying for tickets, just helping you understand why some people might sing “Glazers out” whilst wearing their favourite football kit. If you don’t like answers, don’t post your confusion on a public forum.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
The usual assortment of moronic posts about people wearing football tops. I guarantee you half the people who have an issue with men wearing tops are the same people stood outside a pub looking like they're on fire with those fecking stupid looking vape things.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
So many insecure people and fashion victims in here, the only non-embarrassing reason to care about this is being a teenager or in your early twenties, and even that is stretching it.
:lol:You're a fashion victim if you don't wear a very expensive fairly niche piece of clothing?
Wearing the shirt with your kid is part of the bonding.

Nothing wrong with wearing it outside either.
That's fair enough and kinda nice.

cafecillos

:lol:You're a fashion victim if you don't wear a very expensive fairly niche piece of clothing?
Nah, only some of the new season items are actually expensive, everything else (shirts from past seasons or in sales later in the same season, non-official replicas) are quite cheap really; and no, it's not "niche" whatsoever, not in Spain at least. Also, "fashion victim" has absolutely 0 to do with money, many people obsessed with fashion trends shop mostly or even exclusively in shops like Primark, so nonsense argument to begin with, I'm afraid.

Dan_F

Not sure where on earth you got that from. I don’t have a problem with either of them.

I was referencing in terms of what you said, which was about “Glazer out” and not buying a shirt. A season ticket for 2 people makes the Glazers about £1500, whereas two shirts makes about £30.

I’m not criticising you for paying for tickets, just helping you understand why some people might sing “Glazers out” whilst wearing their favourite football kit. If you don’t like answers, don’t post your confusion on a public forum.
Im not sure why you’re talking about match tickets? Fans have no choice in paying that if they want to the game, they do have a choice whether to buy a shirt.

The amount of shirts sold or social media interactions is the exact reason why the club is able to make so much money through sponsorship and, in my opinion, represents everything wrong with the ownership of the club.

Nothing you’ve posted has helped me to understand why anyone else protesting the Glazers wouldn’t think in the same way. And let’s be clear, I’m talking about people actually protesting, not those that just don’t like the Glazers.

Jippy

Staff
Nah, only some of the new season items are actually expensive, everything else (shirts from past seasons or in sales later in the same season, non-official replicas) are quite cheap really; and no, it's not "niche" whatsoever, not in Spain at least. Also, "fashion victim" has absolutely 0 to do with money, many people obsessed with fashion trends shop mostly or even exclusively in shops like Primark, so nonsense argument to begin with, I'm afraid.
A replica football is pretty niche. Fine for playing football in but that's about it. You'd look a chav or a man child wearing it around town, depending on your age.

I'm sure you can get one of the awful Chevrolet logo ones fairly cheap now but no-one wants that, they'd rather spank £80 on a new one.

I don't think real fashionistas are shopping in Primark.

cafecillos

A replica football is pretty niche. Fine for playing football in but that's about it. You'd look a chav or a man child wearing it around town, depending on your age.

I'm sure you can get one of the awful Chevrolet logo ones fairly cheap now but no-one wants that, they'd rather spank £80 on a new one.

I don't think real fashionistas are shopping in Primark.
But that's just your opinion though, because you are insecure and/or care about fashion and/or judge other people on the clothes they wear. All 3 options are equally pathetic, really.

On the other two points: we're not only talking about United shirts and yes, they most definitely are, many people who follow fashion fervently don't have the money for anything else.

Bulletproof91

Supports
Rangers
Folks can wear what they want when they want at any age they want. I don't care what other folks wear nor do I care about their opinion on what I wear.

Jippy

Staff
But that's just your opinion though, because you are insecure and/or care about fashion and/or judge other people on the clothes they wear. All 3 options are equally pathetic, really.

On the other two points: we're not only talking about United shirts and yes, they most definitely are, many people who follow fashion fervently don't have the money for anything else.
Yeah obviously just my opinion and I don't give a stuff what others wear. I had a full kit when I was a kid and some tops in my teens, but stopped in adulthood.

cafecillos

Yeah obviously just my opinion and I don't give a stuff what others wear. I had a full kit when I was a kid and some tops in my teens, but stopped in adulthood.
I apologise for my tone, it was far too confrontational for what it's being discussed here.

I think things like this are perfectly "acceptable" (there's nothing to accept, really) to wear no matter your age and on most informal ocassions. Of course, they look better if you're not terribly unfit, but even then who cares?:

Jippy

Staff
I apologise for my tone, it was far too confrontational for what it's being discussed here.

I think things like this are perfectly "acceptable" (there's nothing to accept, really) to wear no matter your age and on most informal ocassions. Of course, they look better if you're not terribly unfit, but even then who cares?:
No worries and I probably sounded like a snob but it's just down to taste.
Someone said about shirts without logos looking way, way better, eg international ones, and they do. The Roma badge is cool too, although I couldn't believe how tiny the actual statue of it is in Rome.

Wearing an England shirt is a whole other can of worms though:lol: