boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Egypt really are crap :eek:

At least with Cuper they were well drilled at the last afcon

Salah bows out of the ballon d'or race

Mané still in the hunt :D

el3mel

Exiting the tournament on home from 16th round against South Africa, honestly serves this crap generation well. They deserve this.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It could have been even more severe in terms of scoreline. South Africa were too clownish inside the box and still clearly deserving of this win

el3mel

Feck off you crap players. Don't give a feck if Salah wins CL or not, I detest the current generation and will love our previous full domestic teams more than this crap one with a superstar.

Congratulation guys @Ish @K2K you deserved it. Great game.

SirAnderson

Wow was not expecting this result from us. Honestly wasn't going to watch, but glad I did, don't know who this impostors are playing for South Africa :lol:
Now to get kicked out by Nigeria. I've learnt better than to try and have hope with Bafana Bafana! (please jinx work)

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Feck off you crap players. Don't give a feck if Salah wins CL or not, I detest the current generation and will love our previous full domestic teams more than this crap one with a superstar.

Aaargh thanks mate. Bit of a surprise to us - considering how shit we’ve been as well, we had no hope and cared very little, if I’m honest.

But hard luck for your fans and country. Tournament will definitely lose a bit of magic now that the hosts are out. But I agree with you. Loved your previous teams myself. This one is just awful to watch tbh. Cheers mate.

SirAnderson

Unlucky bro. Yeah the superstar mentality in most cases hurts national teams more than it helps, cause they end up playing them when sometimes they not in-form but simply because of their stardom.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"

Absolutely shocked

To say that most South Africans expected us to lose is an understatement.

el3mel

Aaargh thanks mate. Bit of a surprise to us - considering how shit we’ve been as well, we had no hope and cared very little, if I’m honest.

But hard luck for your fans and country. Tournament will definitely lose a bit of magic now that the hosts are out. But I agree with you. Loved your previous teams myself. This one is just awful to watch tbh. Cheers mate.
This generation has exceeded my expectation in terms of being crap. :lol:

0 points in WC last year, then out of 16th round of AFCON on home the next year. Unbelievable stuff.

Anyway I was saying I'm expecting it to end badly at one point so I won't say I'm surprised we're shite.

Unlucky bro. Yeah the superstar mentality in most cases hurts national teams more than it helps, cause they end up playing them when sometimes they not in-form but simply because of their stardom.
Our previous teams felt like a unit. The 2006-2010 team was fully domestic players with domestic coach. It was a complete unit that I can love and get behind. The current team is just Salah playing on his own and a bunch of other crap players.

el3mel

Absolutely shocked

To say that most South Africans expected us to lose is an understatement.
It was a great game from you. The goal was coming inevitably and could have ended with more. Good luck for you against Nigeria.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
The most annoying thing is that the match winner is the current player of the year in the South African league.

He's not been played all tournament by the the very defensive coach. He starts today and he does that. Sometimes as a coach you just have to keep it simple.

Bearded One

Bafana Bafana have found their rhythm. What a player, that Lorch dude. He and Hlanti who completely took Salah out of the game deserved to share the MOTM award.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Lost $50 on this ffs

Congratulations @Ish and @K2K :D
Served you right for betting against the mighty Bafana :cool:
This generation has exceeded my expectation in terms of being crap. :lol:

0 points in WC last year, then out of 16th round of AFCON on home the next year. Unbelievable stuff.

Anyway I was saying I'm expecting it to end badly at one point so I won't say I'm surprised we're shite.

Our previous teams felt like a unit. The 2006-2010 team was fully domestic players with domestic coach. It was a complete unit that I can love and get behind. The current team is just Salah playing on his own and a bunch of other crap players.
Yeah, really thought you’d get quite far tbh but the team just never clicked. Think a good rebuild is needed.

Nedu

Supports
Barcelona
That south african goal was just like the sissoko chance against Liverpool. Makes you appreciate that vvd effort the more.
2 on 1 the most important thing is to cut off that passing lane, cos then it leaves the receiving player one on one with the keeper. Vvd not only managed to do from a farther distance out, he also closed down the player with the ball as best as he could.
Hegazi was completely in no man's land!

Marzo

We actually won a fecking game against Egypt, haven’t seen us play with this must heart and fight in a long time.Well done Bafana Bafana ;)

Bearded One

South Africa played really really well. They held the ball impressively, showed a great understanding amongst themselves even upfront, passing was excellent (atimes the kind you would see in a standard top league in europe), did a few dummys that caught Egypt out a couple of times.

They also defended very well but the one thing lacking was that they didn't seem confident that they could go ahead and score. Eventually they took their chance and the rest, as they say, is history.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
South Africa played really really well. They held the ball impressively, showed a great understanding amongst themselves even upfront, passing was excellent (atimes the kind you would see in a standard top league in europe), did a few dummys that caught Egypt out a couple of times.

They also defended very well but the one thing lacking was that they didn't seem confident that they could go ahead and score. Eventually they took their chance and the rest, as they say, is history.
The rest of the match could have been much worse for Egypt if South Africa had a little bit of composure but it's a moot point

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Salah crying again, what the feck is wrong with him? They lost fecking 1/8 final game.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
You and I both :lol: :nervous:

Should have paid them the fecking bonus at the start of the tournament
Bafana Bafanaaaa :cool:

Always had a soft spot for them ever since THAT goal in the 2010 WC opener.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Why have Egypt changed from having local coaches to picking up random “big name” foreign coaches? They used to do much better with Egyptian coaches.
Nothing will beat the Bob Bradley experiment.:lol: Such a bizarre appointment that one.

No messing about, Aguirre sacked this morning.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He had lots of pressure to bring his people the trophy.
He is crybaby is what he is, by the looks of it they were never going to win it amyway, it's not like they lost the final game.

el3mel

Yeah I can't stand his antics anyway and honestly don't like his character that much, great player, but definitely not likeable at all. All this generation isn't likeable for me. Feck them.