AFCON Egypt 2019

el3mel

Ah thanks.

Any idea on how much tickets are going for approximately?
150 LE for Egypt's games. 100 LE for other games not involving Egypt. These are in Egyptian pounds, don't know how they'll be in $.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
After we fluked our way to the trophy last time, I honestly don’t think we can do it again. And it will be worse without Porto’s Vincent Aboubakar, left out because he has been out injured almost all season. So, we have Karl Toko of Villarreal and Choupo-Moting of PSG (yes, “that” one) to rely on for goals. I don’t really fancy our chances in this one. I don’t see us going beyond the quarterfinals. (Reverse-jinxing haha)

el3mel

Let's go!

How's the heat?
Pretty hot currently but matches played at night should be fine. I heard they are giving 2 breaks of 3 minutes during games for such problem. First break at 30th minute, and the second at 75th one.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Pretty hot currently but matches played at night should be fine. I heard they are giving 2 breaks of 3 minutes during games for such problem. First break at 30th minute, and the second at 75th one.
That's smart, hopefully the breaks don't kill the momentum of the matches too much.

AnOutOfTowner

Been away for a while from here but can't wait for this to start..

There's a guy from South Africa and his Zimbabwean friend hitchhiking from Cape Town to Cairo for this. And travelling on the continent isn't easy.
The South African guy has made it to Egypt, thanks to Robert Marawa (South African tv/radio personality). I have just seen a post on facebook. Not sure if I'm allowed to post facebook links.

el3mel

Starting in less than 5 minutes.

Hopefully a good win at the start.

el3mel

Have to support my neighbours

Don't think they stand much of a chance though.
The opening match usually has some pressure on it to kick off the tournament in a good way. In 2006 we defeated Libya 3-0.

Let's see what we'll do here.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Zimbabwe's keeper has been active early.

Salah has dropped deep a few times. Looks nifty on the ball. Egypt almost scored from a nice 1-2 combo involving Salah

Edit: Egypt should be up 2-0 now

Nedu

Supports
Barcelona
This is Egyptian trezeguet is not good. Is he?

el3mel

The usual AFCON tournament hurt my eyes with those greyish pitches
The pitches of the last few tournaments looked pretty poor yeah.

Though I remember Ghana 2008 and Angola 2010 looked great too.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
What the actual frick. The players bowing down in all directions. You're only supposed to bow down towards Makkah. :rolleyes:

el3mel

First half ended 1-0.

Good goal and we play some pretty good stuff in the attack, only missing the finish and fix the defense problems, but otherwise yeah at least there's something to watch unlike Cuper days, that Argentinian trash. :D